bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What denomination would Jesus follow?  (Read 8342 times)

Madeline

What denomination would Jesus follow?
« on: November 20, 2006, 12:56:52 AM »

People are always asking my what denomination I belong to, some even consider others non-christian because of their denominational beliefs. Every denomination believes theirs is the correct one, yet most of them have their share of doctrinal errors.  Since we are told to follow Jesus, what denomination do you think he would follow if any?

Love,
Madeline

PKnowler

Re: What denomination would Jesus follow?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 01:44:29 AM »

Jesus would definately go to a non- denominational church. ha ha

~Paula

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 06:15:55 AM »

Jesus, would only attend an established church to expose the heresies and blasphemies being taught.

:)sansmile
Walk in the Spirit

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 11:32:04 AM »

Lets look at a definition of denomination.

Main Entry: de·nom·i·na·tion
Pronunciation: di-"nä-m&-'nA-sh&n
Function: noun
Date: 15th century
1 : an act of denominating
2 : a value or size of a series of values or sizes (as of money)
3 : NAME, DESIGNATION; especially : a general name for a category
4 : a religious organization uniting local congregations in a single legal and administrative body

I don't believe Jesus would "follow" any denomination.

chuckt

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 12:41:33 PM »

if ya wanna get a rise out of em just tell your catholic cause thats what jesus is ;-]

TRUTHSEEKER

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 11:31:21 PM »

Lets look at a definition of denomination.

Main Entry: de·nom·i·na·tion
Pronunciation: di-"nä-m&-'nA-sh&n
Function: noun
Date: 15th century
1 : an act of denominating
2 : a value or size of a series of values or sizes (as of money)
3 : NAME, DESIGNATION; especially : a general name for a category
4 : a religious organization uniting local congregations in a single legal and administrative body

I don't believe Jesus would "follow" any denomination.

I agree.  Jesus don't need to be a part of some denomination neither is he a part of a denomination now. 

jerry

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 12:56:33 AM »

jesus is my denomination and the bible is my statement of beleifs I belong to no other and his body is the only one I attend. thats what I'll tell those that come knocking on my door.........Jerry

Falconn003

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 05:51:09 AM »

Jesus is the living embodiment. 

He would look at all thse flase whores of babylon andsay..."father forgive them for they know not......"

As we should do the same and drop any creedance we think or might think a denomination has.

Rodger

jerry

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 09:20:23 AM »

That is to say if it is Gods will,it is only according to His will that I do anything.....Jerry

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 04:55:01 PM »

For me.....
Christ is the Chruch. The living stones of His Church are His chosen and called ones who know His voice and follow Him.

Jesus is the appointed first fruits of the Church of God the Father. He would not ever need to follow or join anyone or anything because He is the Chief Corner Stone. Without Him nothing that  is built will stand as worthy in the judgment of God. It will burn up as wood, straw and stubble under the consuming fire of God.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Brett

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 11:13:47 PM »

Jesus' denomination is GOD.

I have filed from Ray's email:

Sir,

What is your denomination?
Thank you.

Neil

Dear Neil:

The same denomination as Jesus Christ.

God be with you,

Ray

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sir,

What particular denomination?
Born Again, JW, Baptist, Mormon?
Thanks.

Dear Neil:
Do you really believe that Jesus Christ was a Jehovah's Witness? Baptist? or Mormon?

Get real.
Ray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus was not any of those.
So what's your church?

Neil

Neil:

I already told you that I am of the VERY SAME DENOMINATION as Jesus was. Then you write back and ask me if I am a Jehovah's Witness? Then you suggest that Jesus was NOT a Jehovah's Witness, SO WHY DID YOU ASK if I am a JW if you already know that Jesus was not a JW? I REPEAT: "I belong to the same denomination that Jesus Christ belonged to." What denomination did JESUS belong to? I belong to the same one.

Ray

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which church can I find the doctrines you discussed?
Can I attend somewhere to learn more?
Thanks.

Neil

Dear Neil:

I am just trying to force you to use your mind. Jesus did not belong to or associated Himself

with ANY institutionalized denomination or church of men, and NEITHER DO I. I know of no organized church on the face of the earth that teaches ANY of the Truths of God--not one.

Christ's chosen elect few are scattered like "salt." You do not put a teaspoon full of salt on one spot on our food.

I receieve requests nearly daily from people who want to know which church is closest to these truths. There is none. The whole church of Babylon the Great, is a Great Whore, and her Daughters are Harlots, so which one do you want to get your spiritual food from?

Our fellowship is with Jesus and and God our Father. Perhaps you can make it to one of our Bible Conferences in the future. We post all known Bible Studies that teach these truths at the bottom of my home page. You can join our forum and see if there are other like-minded believers in your area.

God be with you,

Ray

That is simple. ;)

Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.