bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Righteousness  (Read 4258 times)

Madeline

Righteousness
« on: November 20, 2006, 01:06:05 PM »

Recognizing that one is totally unable to save or help save himself, a man is justified or declared righteous in the sight of God when he entrusts his soul to Christ alone to give him eternal salvation. It is not possible to savingly believe on Jesus Christ and think that ones works have anything to do with the forgiveness of sin. The Bible says, For by grace [undeserved favor] are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9). If salvation is by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work (Romans 11:6); grace and works are mutually exclusive in the matter of the forgiveness of a mans sins. Anyone who believes that deeds, such as baptism, church attendance, partaking of the Lords supper, seeking to obey the Bible, prayer, confession of sin, or any other act has a particle to do with receiving justification before God does not believe in Jesus Christ at all; he merely has intellectual understanding of the facts of the gospel, a kind of faith that he shares with the devils (James 2:19) and the damned; to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness (Romans 4:5). As long as one is working for salvation, one does not believe in Christ for it; it is to him that worketh not, but believeth on him. Saving faith trusts that Christ is actually the Savior, so He saves men without the filthy rags of all our righteousnesses (Isaiah 64:6) as blasphemous additions to the sufficiency of the death and shed blood (Revelation 7:14, 1:5) of Him who is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him (Hebrews 7:25). Gods people are found in him, not having [their] own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith (Philippians 3:9). Saving faith looks to Christ and His work on the cross alone for salvation; if one truly believes that God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16), he will not add conditions to salvation that God has not added; if God says whosoever believeth in him is certain of everlasting life, obviously belief in Christ is sufficient to save. Since the Bible promises that he that believeth on him is not condemned (John 3:18), the very moment one trusts in Christ he hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life (John 5:24); that moment all of his past, present, and future sins are washed away in the blood of the Savior, and he receives the righteousness of Christ as his standing before God; the Lord Jesus having paid in full for his sins, and having died as his Substitute, God treats every believer as if he were as sinless and righteous as His own Son, and, the penalty of the Law entirely satisfied, both Gods justice and mercy demand the eternal salvation of the justified individual. God is just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus (Romans 3:26), and we therefore conclude, with the apostle Paul, that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law (Romans 3:28).

Love,
Madeline

YellowStone

Re: Righteousness
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 06:35:08 PM »

Madeline what a truly inspirational post :)

I would like to add a little to your post;

You wrote:

God treats every believer as if he were as sinless and righteous as His own Son.

I do not believe that faith alone is enough to guarantee instant salvation. Would a person about to kill a family in cold blood, believing whole heartedly in Christ and his promise of salvation, be considered as clean and as sinless as Christ in the eyes of God after he pulls the trigger?

Please do not take this as an atack on you personally, for I do not want to over step my mark because, Paul warns each of us:

Rom 12:3
  • For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

:)

However, I must comment on your comment regarding the words of Paul as it could be mistook and cause some to stumble.

If salvation is by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work (Romans 11:6); grace and works are mutually exclusive in the matter of the forgiveness of a mans sins.

James speaks well on the matter works without faith and faith without works.

James 2:18
  • Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

In the above verse, James says: I will show you my works through faith, if you can show me your faith without works. Do you think the hypothetical killer (above) is "working" according to the faith of salvation or the carnal faith of death? James comments on this as well.

James 2:20
  • But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

One can not truly believe in the salvation of Christ unless God has opened their hearts to him, otherwise their faith is dead. The works of the truly faithful are God driven and not driven by man.

James 2:26
  • For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I hope my comments are not taken the wrong way, because your post was otherwise a great testament of our Loving Father.

May God bless you always,

Darren :)

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 07:33:57 PM »

To both of You,

Inspiring  posts 
God Bless
San
Walk in the Spirit

rocky

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 10:40:40 PM »

While we were yet sinners Christ died for us.  He forgave all our sins, while we were yet sinners. 

We all are redeemed, reconciled to God by the obedience and faith of Christ. 

Redemption/reconciliation in my opinion has nothing to do with whether we believe we are reconciled or not.

It is a truth that can not be changed.  Just as gravity is real whether we believe it or not.       

However, to come into a deep relationship with Christ, to know God and to be transformed into his image, there is a working out of this gift  (this working out of the gift, involves death to self, death to carnal thinking)

It is the faith of Christ working out of us, not us working to get Christ into us.   

We don't work for our salvation; we work out our salvation.

any thoughts? 

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 11:25:51 PM »

Rocky wrote:

It is the faith of Christ working out of us, not us working to get Christ into us. 

Well said Rocky  :)

You are so very right. Works without faith is just as dead as faith without works. The simple truth is that without Chriist inside of us and God leading the way, we have and can do nothing.

Love,
Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.