bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 666  (Read 6024 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« on: November 20, 2006, 03:26:53 PM »

1.  "What is this mysterious number that has baffeled scholars, theologians, and saints for centuries?" - Ray Smith  [I just re-read Lake of Fire part 13]

Comment: glad you asked cause I really would like to know if I'm on the right track --

Genesis chapters 1 & 2 talks about God creating the earth and everything in it, including man, in six days, and creating an extra day, the seventh for his rest afterwards.  Later he commanded that the Sabbath be kept physically... this was symbolic of Jesus who was coming to establish a new covenant.  Because 7 represents completeness, which as followers we become complete in Jesus, who is the new covenant, does this mean that 6 is representation of Adam and his decendants who, of the first covenant were not complete?  Is 666 the number of incompleteness; the was-is-and will be, until the consumation of the ages?

I have only read Lake of Fire part 13; if you have answered this question already, just tell me where to look.

Thanks

Dear Kenneka:

No, 666 does not stand for "INcompleteness."  What God created on the first day was as "complete" as God intnended it to be. Likewise the second day, third day, etc.  The numbers 666--six, six, six, not six hundred and sixty-six, is the number of man and those things related to man and the carnal mind of man, AS OPPOSED to God.  "We ARE COMPLETE in Him [Jesus]" (Col. 2:10).

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.