bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moses, Death  (Read 5667 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Moses, Death
« on: November 20, 2006, 03:30:39 PM »

Hi Mr,Smith,
I have an issue here, maybe you can through some light on, if you will?,
And it's this in (Rom.5:14) And I quote, "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned..... Unquote,
This might sound silly, but I have to ask you anyway,
Did that mean that at Moses, death was replaced by something else?
Also I was talking to a friend the other night and the question of the lake of fire came up, and I mentioned the Brimstone thing being sulfer, he replied it still must be some form of punishment as the Beast, and the False prophet are already there for a thousand years before the Devil is cast into the lake of fire, he says if the sulfer is for purifying, how come their there for that amount of time before the Devil arrives, surely it wouldn't have to take all of a thousand years to be purified?
Hopes this finds you keeping well?
May God Guide and keep you.
Geoff.

Dear Geoff:

I have said it many times before:  A statement of FACT is not a statement of LIMITATION unless there are words of limitation in the statement.  Now then, do you see the word "only" in Rom. 5:14, as in "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses ONLY?"  It is a FACT that sin reigned from Adam to Moses, not a statement of limitation.

Your question on Revelation is too complicated to answer in an email. I get asked nearly daily to explain the book of Revelation. It is not possible to do so in emails, one on one.  Don't assume things that are not stated in these verses.  How long is "a thousand years," SYMBOLICALLY?  "...where the beast and the false prophet [are? were cast? had been? WILL BE? Etc.]...."  The word "are" in Kng James is Italic; it is not in the original.  Rotherham, The New Revised Standard Version, etc., say "were." "ARE they still there when Satan is cast into this fire? ETc.  Revelation is not as easy as some have embarrassingly found out lately. I hope to do a commentary on Revelation on day, but NOT TODAY.  And remember: Revelation is far from being chronological.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.