bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 5384 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: November 20, 2006, 03:35:48 PM »

Dear Ray

I greet you in the name of the Lord1

None of my Church members are willing to tithe but they expect me to be on call 24 hours a day.  How am I to earn my keep?   Can I turn to you for financial backing when my meagre savings run out?

Yours in His service

Pastor Steve

Dear Steve:
You might consider getting a job like the rest of us have had to do.  It is a SIN to teach your congregation that "tithing" on their salaries (money) is a commandment of the Lord, as Jesus NEVER taught tithing to HIS CHURCH, not did they tithe, nor did the Apostles collect "tithe" MONEY, nor did Paul teach it to the Gentiles.  Say, did you notice that Paul WORKED by making tents to earn a living for himself and his assistants?  If Paul (being the Bishop of ALL THE ASIAN CHURCHES), had collected ten percent of all their salaries, Paul would have been a multi, multi-millionaire, wouldn't he?  Paul went HUNGRY before he would ever suggest someone "tithe" their MONEY to him.

On the other hand, Steve, you do have a right to necessities if your are pastoring a congregation of believers.  Maybe a sermon on LOVE, GIVING, THANKFULNESS, AND APPRECIATION would be in order.  However, your ultimate trust must be in God to provide for you.  I have not been personally given over the past six years that we have our sit site up, enough money to pay for the ink in my printer.  I live on Social Security and what little I can earn part-time.
All contributions to bible-truths.com go to advertising our site and paying for the use of Search Engines.

Anyway, Steve, I don't have any extra money ("SAVINGS?"  what's that?), but before you go hungry, let me know, as I make a mean grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.

Sincerely,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.