bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 5674 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: November 20, 2006, 03:39:39 PM »

Hello.
My name is Nathan. I'm 16 and quite intelligent for my age.
How are you so positive about proof that free will doesn't exist when there is no Scientific proof that God himself does? This right now, me typing this question is my choice. I read a few selections from your website and, although your arguements are compelling to a person of faith, most of your central points revolve around the Scriptures and your faith. I am not an Atheist, nor am I Christian, Jew, Muslim, or Catholic. I'm just curious.
Any reply would be much obliged.

Dear Nathan:
I have never met a 16 year old who didn't think he was "quite intelligent" for his age.

"Free Will" does not exist because it is a physiologicaly impossibility and the Scriptures CONDEMN any such vanity-crazed
idea.  Have you ever heard of the law of "cause and effect."  It means for every effect there is a CAUSE.  This IS scientific. Therefore all of your thoughts and actions ARE CAUSED by something. Usually something that you are not even aware of, but being caused nonetheless.  This "cause" is what is responsible for your thoughts and actions. And once something is "caused" to happen, it could not have been otherwise.  God is the FIRST CAUSE of all law and matter.  I use the Scriptures to prove to Christians that they have no free will, as they claim to actually believe the Scriptures.  I would not use the Scriptures to prove to an athiestic evolutionary scientist that he has no free will. There I would use scientific law.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.