bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Perish?  (Read 6325 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Perish?
« on: March 31, 2006, 09:45:55 AM »

Dear Ray,

I emailed you a few months back and was pleased to get a quick response from you which I appreciated immensely. What I am writing to you about is the word 'perished' as it is used in 1 Corinthians 15:18. I am in a dialogue in regards to what happens to us at death. I am right with you and your beliefs on this. The individual I am speaking to uses Vine's definition of this word as 'not meaning extinction but loss' ect. How would you give an answer to that? I am sure Vine's take on that word is his own personal opinion. Is there another source that gives us a better definition? Do you believe this word 'perish' means a loss and not an extinction?

Thanks so much for your time.

Dear Michael:
If you were to take the time to read the material on my site, you would have seen a whole section explaining all these words in great detail.
"Perish" comes from the same word as "destroy" and "lose." They are all translated from "appolumi" which means, lose, perish, destroy. That IS the definition and there is no better one. Now then, Jesus came to SAVE THAT WHICH IS LOST [appolumi--lose, perish, destroy]. There is no problem here.
God be with you,
Ray

abed

Re: Perish?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 02:05:39 PM »

Quote from: parsonssc
Dear Ray,

I emailed you a few months back and was pleased to get a quick response from you which I appreciated immensely. What I am writing to you about is the word 'perished' as it is used in 1 Corinthians 15:18. I am in a dialogue in regards to what happens to us at death. I am right with you and your beliefs on this. The individual I am speaking to uses Vine's definition of this word as 'not meaning extinction but loss' ect. How would you give an answer to that? I am sure Vine's take on that word is his own personal opinion. Is there another source that gives us a better definition? Do you believe this word 'perish' means a loss and not an extinction?

Dear Michael:
If you were to take the time to read the material on my site, you would have seen a whole section explaining all these words in great detail.
"Perish" comes from the same word as "destroy" and "lose." They are all translated from "appolumi" which means, lose, perish, destroy. That IS the definition and there is no better one. Now then, Jesus came to SAVE THAT WHICH IS LOST [appolumi--lose, perish, destroy]. There is no problem here.
God be with you,
Ray

Just to add to what Ray said, you need to read his material on his site.

The bible says we are all lost . But the lsot can be found. If one is lost, he/she is not eternally lost. Anyone who does not have Christ in their lives is perished(apollumi) but they can be foundf again. Take the example of the Prodigal son. Death cannot separate us from the love of Gos as proclaimed by Apostle Paul

Cheers

sunset_drama_king

Re: Perish?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 02:17:29 AM »

Quote from: abed
Quote from: parsonssc
Dear Ray,

Dear Michael:
God be with you,
Ray

Just to add to what Ray said, you need to read his material on his site.

The bible says we are all lost . But the lsot can be found. If one is lost, he/she is not eternally lost. Anyone who does not have Christ in their lives is perished(apollumi) but they can be foundf again. Take the example of the Prodigal son. Death cannot separate us from the love of Gos as proclaimed by Apostle Paul

Cheers

Amen to that!  Welcome abed, I see this is your first post here, hope you continue to grow here as I have!

- Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.