bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Devil's Fire  (Read 4041 times)

PKnowler

The Devil's Fire
« on: November 21, 2006, 12:37:57 AM »

Hi all,

I believe in Universal Reconciliation butthere are some scriptures that still stump me. Can anyone explain this scripture?

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

I don't have a problem with the age during punishment. My confusion comes from that fact that it is a fire prepared for the Devil and his messengers and people will be sent there. If it is a discipline/ punishment then the devil would have a way hotter fire and longer duration- I don't understand people being in the fire prepared for the devil.

What do you all think?

Thanks, Paula

Kat

Re: The Devil's Fire
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 02:20:31 AM »

Hi Paula,

I think you are right, the punishment for the devil will be way hotter and of longer duration.

As I understand the lake of fire, it will be Christ and the Saints that it is made of,
and the punishment will be according to each as he requires,
this is where all shall give account (Matt. 12:36; Rom. 14:12; Heb. 4:13).

Luk 12:47  And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating.
Luk 12:48  But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

These are excerpts from Ray's articles that will explain this more,
and there is much more in the article too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

If this lake of fire is not real, physical, literal fire, is there then such a thing as "figurative fire" or "spiritual fire?" I’m so glad you asked. As a matter of Scriptural fact, yes there is such a thing as "figurative and spiritual fire." Let’s start with the most profound Scripture regarding spiritual fire. As we all know, "God IS SPIRIT" (John 4:24). But have you never read:

"For our God IS A CONSUMING FIRE" (Heb. 12:29)!

God has shown Himself to be not only a fire, but a CONSUMING FIRE all through the Scriptures. You will be amazed how often God speaks of fire in bringing judgment on humanity. ALL IS OF GOD, II Cor. 5:18, Rom. 11:36, Eph. 1:11, etc. God IS a consuming FIRE.

God IS this lake of fire!

But since it is not literal fire, what does it burn? What does it consume? -- It is the "works of the flesh" that made sinners of those thrown into the lake of fire in the first place. And we shall see from the Scriptures that it is these very works of the flesh that are consumed in this lake of fire. And don’t think for a moment that it is not a most painful and tormenting experience to have one’s carnal mind with all its ungodly passions, thoughts and deeds, burned clean and pure by the consuming fire of God’s Holy Spirit!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html

HOPE AND BLESSED ASSURANCE IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT

"And as it is appointed unto men ONCE TO DIE, but after this THE JUDGMENT" (Heb. 9:27).

So all creation spoken of in Rom. 8 will ultimately die. And "after" death comes "judgment." Who is in charge of this judgment and when will it take place?

"Because He [God] has appointed A DAY, in which He will judge the world [how?] IN RIGHTEOUSNESS [eternal torture is NOT righteousness] by THAT MAN Whom He has ordained [‘For the Father judges no man, but has committed ALL judgment unto the Son,’ John 5:22]; whereof He has given ASSURANCE unto ALL MEN [Gee, could this ‘assurance to ALL men … in the WORLD" be the same as the ‘hope for all creatures in ALL CREATION’ that we just read about in Rom. 8:20? And just how can there be hope and assurance for all these lost, unrepentant, unbelievers of the world? Read on…], in that He has raised Him [Jesus] from the dead" (Acts 17:31).
We read that all judgment has been given unto the Son, Jesus Christ. But Jesus is not the only Judge in that day. Here is where the manifested Sons and Daughters of God come into their most important role in the salvation of all mankind, all creation, and the entirety of the creation in both the heavens and the earth:

THE SAINTS SHALL JUDGE THE WORLD

The called and chosen were born to be Judges:

"Or are you not aware that the saints [the manifested Sons and Daughters of God] shall JUDGE THE WORLD? And if the world shall be judged by YOU, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?" (I Cor. 6:2).

"And I saw thrones and they sat upon them, and JUDGMENT was given unto them [the saints, the manifested Sons of God]…" (Rev. 20:4).

Every man will be judged and the Saints will do the judging:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Christ and the Saints will judge the world, but I believe it will be on an individual basis.
All mankind will be brought to salvation and also "the Devil and his messengers;"

I hope this helped.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.