bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 5254 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: November 21, 2006, 09:02:30 PM »

Dear Mr,Smith,
At the minute I'm reading your paper called 'Twelve God- given truths to understand his word'
I'm at truth number 4, I'll just quote the last piece of the paragraph I'm having trouble with and it this time, and I quote,
"Now the last Adam (Christ) lives his life in us (Gal. 2:20)
Now this is the bit that concerns me, And I quote again,
"But not until we REPENT of the first Adam of the flesh living his life in us", Unquote,
Now not until 'REPENT' would imply freedom of choice and you preach that we don't have freedom of choice, you see if we I see the need to repent then it is a choice I have arrived at on my own, in other words I chose to, or chose not to, ' repent', This statement in this in this particular piece of this paragraph SHOUTS FREEDOM OF CHOICE.
Hopes this finds you keeping well,
May God guide and keep you.
Geoff.   

Dear Geoff:
It shouts NO SUCH THING!  Of course we have and made choices. I have said this dozens of times, and I teach it in my paper on free will. We all make MILIONS of our own choices, but this has absolutely nothing to do with "free" choice or "free" will.  You cannot repent by your own free will/choice. You didn't read my paper on "free will," did you?  I go through this in minute detail in over a hundred pages. Listen to what God says and then BELIEVE what God says:  Can a person who is a sinner choose of his own free will to repent and start doing good instead of bad?  No, a thousand times, NO!

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may you also do good, that are accustomed to do evil."  There is is. Do you believe it?  Can a sinner decide to "do good?"  What does God say?  Who are you going to believe?

Like in all things "good," they all come from GOD (James 1:17, Phil. 2:13, etc., etc.).

Only GOD can bring you to repentance:  "Or DESPISE you the riches of His goodness and the forbearance and longsuffering: NOT KNOWING that the GOODNESS OF GOD LEADS YOU TO REPENTANCE" (Rom. 2:4).  I covered all of these Scritures in my paper. You are failing to BELIEVE God's word.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.