bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Jesus' appears to devout Christians  (Read 7740 times)

SandyFla

'Jesus' appears to devout Christians
« on: November 22, 2006, 02:44:05 PM »

"Devout Christians" think Jesus and Mary are appearing to them and giving them messages. Didn't they ever read what Jesus said about this?

"Then if any man shall say unto you, 'Lo, here is Christ,' or 'there'; believe it not" (Matthew 24:23/Mark 13:21).

It seems that most of them are Catholic, and from what I know about Catholics (having been raised one), they don't read their Bibles. Also, considering what happens to these people, it's obviously a false "Jesus."

http://www.xzone-radio.com/devout.htm

gmik

Re: 'Jesus' appears to devout Christians
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 01:34:41 AM »

What a funny web site.  Offering free samples of sugar???  Don't you think its not even a false Jesus or demon but just overactive brain waves and power of suggestion and wanting it so much your mind just accomodates you??? Some just wave the phoniness away cuz they want to be "in".

I speak as an ex pentecostal; charismatic, faith/prosperity person.  That kind of stuff was just so common.

gena

hart4god

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 10:01:59 PM »

hey gena----
also an ex- all the same as you- pentecostal, charismaniac. faith/prosperity but more- intercession spiritual mapping demon obsessed completely duped and hoodwinked believer.......

ahhh the simplicity of truth
even tho it is so hidden.

people believe anything and everything as along as they do not believe the truth or know the truth.

sometimes I wonder what I believe - I mean - I wonder what I still believe that is not real. probably much, like them, so dupe and so hungry but eating only "SUGAR".........
love to you all
hart4god

gmik

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 11:17:06 PM »

Ha ;D

Phew!  Aren't you glad we were dragged off the sugar and are now even moving past the milk to the meat??

gena

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:56:58 PM »

Very good point Sandyfla!

The seduction is strong in the dark to believe what is false and deceptive. I have known a person who went to Majagoria and claimed to have seen  prayer beads turned gold and gold to have manifested on her hands! How crazy is that? I have read of another who claims Jesus talks to her. Her books have been published and although one can read the recitals of scriptural meanings in the work these hide the true influence of looking to the person who is making the claims and away from Christ who staked His sacrifice of His life through His death and shed blood.….Satan too could twist the scriptures of God to get his perverted ideas across. All this hype does is deceive, mislead and coerce blind eyes to look further away from Christ and His faithfulness. It is amazing that the very word of God and the Name of Jesus is used to do this! .... to draw away from Jesus and the Word of God!......

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »

Arcturus,

How true your post is.  I used to be Catholic and some of my beliefs were pretty amazing in their stupidity for lack of a better word.  Hocus pocus, we now have the body and blood of our Lord.  Wow, and I used to dervive great enjoyment from the Eucharist, but now I shudder to even think that I was happy doing this.

It is so amazing how the Devil works.  I mean I am surprised and sometimes in awe of how simple some of his tactics are and yet we fall for them.

Do you know of any websites that are good bible explananatory sites that are aligned with Ray's teachings?  If so, please share.  And to the others if you all know of any, please PM me or respond in this thread.

Thanks.

SIncerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 03:48:19 PM »

Hello Anne

I have been around the block more than a few times and have not found ANYTHING so pure and true as the teachings in LOF and the many e-mails responces he has offered for us disciples to learn from and ponder.

Have you read everything?

Peace to you

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 04:16:59 PM »

Arcturus,

I wish I could have said I have read everything. I am still making it through ths stuff on the website.  I am in the Lake of Fire Series and reading the Trinity page.

I am also reading most of the new posts are on this forum.  The stuff on the website is a little to meaty, I have been reading it a long time and had to stop to give myself some time to digest it and to do a paradigm shift.  It takes time for me, becuase I think about things a very long time and have so much to do.

I have been going through Ray's e-mails becuase they serve as a springboard to the meatier stuff. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 04:22:36 PM »

Hello Anne

The reason I asked my question was from experience. I too was looking at other sites and reading alternative material. It was only as I gave more time to focus on the messages on Bible Truths that it became clear to me that other materials carried convoluted teachings that were easy to overlook and accept without having had the insights settle from Bible Truth truths :D

I have also seen others who come to the site who also say they have not seen anything like the teaching we have here. Even Ray attests to this.! :D

Peace to you

PS I too was a Catholic....Minister of the Word :(....no wonder I suffered from depression for a decade! :D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 09:10:51 PM »

Arcturus,

Hi.  Yeah my background from Catholism taught me to look beyond the bible.  It is hard for me quell that tendency.  I am just glad that we have pure solid truth and people who are seeking after it with all their hearts, minds, and strengths.

Yeah mainstream Christainity can depress you.  I totally can relate.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Ward

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 06:58:44 PM »

Something else I find interesting about this....

Even though in this case the article doesn't describe the appearance of Christ Jesus or Mary many others do.

Have you ever noticed that the descriptions seem to be the Jesus of the medevel paintings?  You know...  Your basic anglo-saxon Jesus.  The kind of person that would have stood out in the middle east.  ???

Just something I noticed over the years.

Ward

soberxp

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »

"Devout Christians" think Jesus and Mary are appearing to them and giving them messages. Didn't they ever read what Jesus said about this?

"Then if any man shall say unto you, 'Lo, here is Christ,' or 'there'; believe it not" (Matthew 24:23/Mark 13:21).

It seems that most of them are Catholic, and from what I know about Catholics (having been raised one), they don't read their Bibles. Also, considering what happens to these people, it's obviously a false "Jesus."

http://www.xzone-radio.com/devout.htm
do you know the 5.12/2008 8.8 LEVEL earthquake in China

I read bible and know "Then if any man shall say unto you, 'Lo, here is Christ,' or 'there'; believe it not" (Matthew 24:23/Mark 13:21).
here is mine,for the truth.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10924.0.html

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 05:50:44 PM by soberxp »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.