bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: TEST RESULTS!!  (Read 10990 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: TEST RESULTS!!
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 09:50:46 PM »

Hi Bobby and all of you who have provided so many (truthful) encouraging words,

When we are experiencing these trials we can look back to what the "men of old" went through, but He has hand picked His own to receive a better promise than the Prophets were given.

This part in Hebrews 11 is incredible;

By Faith They Overcame

Hebrews 11 (New King James Version)

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they were encircled for seven days. 31 By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish with those who did not believe, when she had received the spies with peace.
32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35 Women received their dead raised to life again.
Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36 Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented— 38 of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth.
39 And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, 40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

Incredible.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

longhorn

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 09:55:18 PM »

Bobby.  Tell everyone at work to stick it, and go have a couple of ice cold beers.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

brothertoall

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 09:31:22 AM »

You all are so wonderful to me!!

Longhorn I like your style my friend. You always make me laugh and you are always straight to the point. I like it that there is nothing fake about you what so ever and your thinking is like mine sometimes.

Layle thank you so much for that post. I needed that!!!

Joe my friend, the scripture you quoted is just what I needed. :'(

Arcturus your writings are always a blessing to me. I wish I could have that.

Gena,Chuckt,Andy and all the others that are praying for me, I thank you all and I just want the time to go by quikly so I can get this behind me.

I love you all and don't know what I would do if I did not have you all talk to.

bobby

brothertoall

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 08:54:08 AM »

Good morning everyone.

Today is the day that I go for my appeal against the exam for the promotion. After reviewing the test results I saw that that the questions given on that exam were not done fairly so I filed an appeal with the Civil Service commission. My appeal is scheduled for 10:00a.m. this morning.

All of my dear friends and co-workers agrre that the exam was not done fairly and was showing favortism to 2 individual who also took that exam. The questions were basically geared towards one particular job that only 2 of these guys would know the correct answer to.

I could really use your prayers this morning. I know many of you have much deeper trials and problems compared to mine and I am sorry if I seem to be so selfish about this but I do want those of you to know who are having their own personal trials, that I do pray for you. May God always help me to put you all first when it comes to those trials that we all must go through and to think of myself last.

Thank you and I love you and you mean everything to me.

bobby(bob)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 09:02:18 AM »

Brothertoall,

Good morning.  I was going to go back to bed but something told me to check the forum, and after reading this thread I knew why.

I will be praying for you today. I pray that you will speak the words that God gives you.  Keep us updated.  Best of blessings today and everyday. :)

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

Hello Bobby

How did things go for you today?

Somehow I feel it is not over for you yet, emotionally that is.

You have been in my thoughts all week.......Where are you now?  In the middle of this trial or entering towards the end of it?

Peace to you

Arcturus

brothertoall

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 08:53:52 AM »

Well everyone or to those who are at least interested, They denied my appeal and I will have to say that it did not surprise me.

They would not admit they did wrong which again did not surprise me. I waited for 6-1/2 hours just to hear them tell me no. They were just as unfair and dishonest as the test was.

I now have to make a huge decision. I have been with this job since I was 16 years old and I have over 32 years service. I am going to have much needed surgery on my arm and then will retire about Feburary or March.

Was this God's will for my life right now? I really do not know the answer to that question. To be honest I really do not care. It is a day to day walk with Him and so I will take this all one day at a time.

It is so very hard for me to believe that God says He loves us very much and that he will do anything we ask but then it is not so. This is very hard for me to understand.

I know in my heart I would have been very good at this promotion and I was actually doing half of that job for the past 6 years. But God must have thought I was not and after all He knows best.

I am just a bit upset with Him right now and the pain and disappoitments I have had in this life are wearing me thin. I am tired and He has managed to break me down to mere pieces.Is this good? I really do not know. It is not pleasant right now and may He forgive me for the thoughts and feelings I have for Him right now.

bobby

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 09:04:22 AM »

Bobby,

I am so sorry with how things turned out for you.  But I know God has a wonderful purpose for your life.  He will always lead you to the place he needs you to be.  It is hard to understand his ways especially when we are so invested in whatever we are doing and emotionally attached.  There is nothing wrong with this.

Remember that passage where it says that God says he will never put us through more than we can bear and that he will provide a window.  He knows your hurt and dissapointment.  THere's a passage in Isiah that says "Come let us reason together", I may be quoting it wrong, but I believe that applies to all areas of life.  Discuss this with God and let your feelings out.  He understands.  I will be praying for your decision that you are making.  I will be praying for you.

It is good you are seeking after God's will becuase you will find what you seek.  You have your heart right and it is not an easy road for you now, but keep walking.  In this case I can think of the poem Footprints for you.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was
walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the
sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he
noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one
belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When
the last scene of his life flashed before him, he
looked back at the footprints in the sand. He
noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed
that it happened at the very lowest and saddest
times in his life. This really bothered him and he
questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that
once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all
the way. But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life, there is only one set
of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed
you most you would leave me." The Lord replied,
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
never leave you. During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it
was then that I Carried You."

I should have said just relax and let the Lord carry you through.  Know that my prayers are helping you along.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

brothertoall

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2006, 09:08:32 AM »

Anne,

Thank you very much. I know that poem and I had forgotten it and it is one of my favorites.Thank you for posting it for me and I hope the others will enjoy it as well. It is people like you that are here at this forum that just warm my heart by the loving and caring things you say.

Love to you my dear sister and friend,

bobby

hillsbororiver

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 10:08:47 AM »

Well everyone or to those who are at least interested, They denied my appeal and I will have to say that it did not surprise me.

They would not admit they did wrong which again did not surprise me. I waited for 6-1/2 hours just to hear them tell me no. They were just as unfair and dishonest as the test was.

I now have to make a huge decision. I have been with this job since I was 16 years old and I have over 32 years service. I am going to have much needed surgery on my arm and then will retire about Feburary or March.

Was this God's will for my life right now? I really do not know the answer to that question. To be honest I really do not care. It is a day to day walk with Him and so I will take this all one day at a time.

It is so very hard for me to believe that God says He loves us very much and that he will do anything we ask but then it is not so. This is very hard for me to understand.

I know in my heart I would have been very good at this promotion and I was actually doing half of that job for the past 6 years. But God must have thought I was not and after all He knows best.

I am just a bit upset with Him right now and the pain and disappoitments I have had in this life are wearing me thin. I am tired and He has managed to break me down to mere pieces.Is this good? I really do not know. It is not pleasant right now and may He forgive me for the thoughts and feelings I have for Him right now.

bobby

Bobby,

A few years back my professional career took some huge strides backward, I won't go into the details but a series of events that appeared to be a downward spiral actually put me in a position to get my present employment and all the incredible benefits that resulted from my opportunity here. Believe me Brother it looked dark and I was in a sorry state for a while but He had a plan for me and my family that I had never even considered as a possibility.

Have faith my Brother.

His Love and Peace to you,

Joe

Chris R

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 11:42:43 AM »

Hello Bobby,

It was only a few short years ago, the place were i worked shutdown. leaving me out in the street so to speak,  I had given this company my best effort, and all for a sorry, you'll have to go!

I was asked to work in another place, for less pay, and we were already barely scratching by as it was. I was told...were sorry you will not find a job paying what you made in this area, let alone anything more.

I was a bit angry about it, the worry on my childrens faces, and my wifes were heartbreaking.
We talked about moving, selling the car, buying a cheaper one, but in one week i was offered a job, making more than i was, and now have doubled that income.

So yes i know what your going through, but i'm sure that whatever plan God has for you, it will be for your good.

Peace to you in this most difficult time.

Chris R

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 05:57:59 PM »

Hello

I waited for 6-1/2 hours just to hear them tell me no. They were just as unfair and dishonest as the test was.

That is shocking! That is terribly unfair and injust. Mercenary and calculatingly depraved. Know this.....there is not a thought or circumstance that any one of us deserve. When it is going well we do not deserve it and when it goes bad we do not deserve it either. All is in the plan to get us to Gods will for us and that is to be overcomers fully equipped with the knowldege of what is evil. The equipping is part of the plan of God and we can not go thorough what God plans for us unless He helps us to endure and gives us the means through which we recieve love, encouragement and hope while under trial of disappointment and pain of injustice. It is wonderful that you are open to the love that pours through for you here and that you do not turn agains us who feel and pray and are pulling for you.

All will make much better sense to you in hindsight and for now you are blessing us by being honest about your despair, disappointment and frustration with what you believed was rightfully yours.

I too am in the same boat career wise.I have not had any decisive action in my favor and going futher to try to force things to go my way I know in my heart will be fruitless. My belongings are still in my office and I have not heard anything. The next thing to expect is whatever God has prepared for me that being deeper pain in disappointment or simply deeper call to trust Him.  Our righteousness does not make injustice go away. Our strenght is in Christ alone. That is the only place to collapse under the strain knowing He knows and understands what we suffer because He is the King of suffering.

Peace to you

Arcturus

brothertoall

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2006, 11:03:58 AM »

Good morning to you all,

Thank you all for your love and concern and it really means alot to me.

I have decided that I am retiring from my job after 32 years of service. I am having surery done on my hand first so I will be on paid sick leave for several months before I actually am officially retired.

This is a big change for me and I would really appreciate all your prayers.

I will truly miss all those I have worked with all these years and I love them all very much and will miss them tremendously.

It is funny the way things work out and just when I thought MY plans were going to come about God has shown me that it is His will not mine. I will admit this has been a long hard road the past few months and not a pleasant one but I want so badly to rely on Him to take me where he wants me to go and I pray that He will give me understanding as I take each baby step.

I want you all to know that i will have alot of free time now and I want you all to know that I love you all very much and if any of you just need a shoulder to cry on or need someone to talk to that I am here and you can PM me anytime. I am not saying that i have all the right answers or some profound wisdome but one thing I can promise you is that I want to be someone you can confide in and to be a friend to you when you need a friend. To give you love and understanding and i pray God will help me to be that for all of you.

You all are very special to me and I love you all very much.

bobby

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 12:12:13 PM »

Bobby,

I have been praying for you and am glad you have reached a decision.  I will be praying for you to have exceptional surgery and during this transitional time.

Thanks for your giving heart in offering your shoulder to cry on.  God has plans for your free time, and you may have hit upon one.  God bless Bobby.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 01:21:12 PM »

Hi Bobby,

After reading all that you have gone through in this matter, it appears that it was time for you to retire.  As painful as this process has been, that "season" of your life is over, but the good news is that a "new season" is just beginning! I pray that the Lord will restore your joy as this next season of your life commences.

I will keep you in my prayers, and look forward to reading your future posts.

Peace and His grace to you.

Rene'

gmik

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2006, 02:14:09 PM »

Bobby, thanks for sharing.  Actually, I am a little jealous, I really really WANT to retire but need the moola.

My husband has been retired for 5 years and he is so busy- well, he is too busy to keep the house clean he says!  So you might be surprised.  He goes to a nursing home once a week and he loves that.  He is a volunteer for the Red Cross blood drives.  Then there is breakfast once a week with 'buddies'.  Then lunch once a week with "other" buddies.  Then all the errands one must do etc etc etc.   The best tho??? Time to read the word and fellowship with the Lord.  I wish I could get him on the forum but he is computer illiterate and wants to stay that way.  So I print off sections of Ray so he can read.

Anyway, I said all that to say, you might be pleasantly surprised what may lay ahead for you.

Also, prayers for your surgery!

PS  Thanks for updating us on Jennie & Michael. 

Love,,
gena
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.