bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Flesh  (Read 5707 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
The Flesh
« on: November 23, 2006, 11:50:29 AM »

Hi Ray,

I have been reading your site for over 2 years now, (on and off) Thank you for all your long hours of writing these papers.  I now understand the "Beast within".
    Do you have plans (or could you comment on) Crucifying the Flesh and Walking in the Spirit?  Seems like a real fine line with the free will thing. Seems like we have the will to say no to Christ but don't have the will to say yes without him doing it for us?  My mental life is better than it ever has been, but have much more to do in study and growth.

I was in a group of guys the other day and the conversation was Biblical, and I was listening in... I heard one guy say "well you know we have free will to do...."  I was unable to stop the words from flying out of my mouth, "that's a lie you know". I was on stage front and center and life got interesting real quick, but I asked a couple questons of the guys. 1. If you believe that God is who He says He is in the Bible, do you really believe that he would create Billions of people just to save a very small number and send the rest to an eternal Hell?  2. If it is Gods will that all men be saved, do you really believe He will fail?  They got very receptive at that point, and I gave your website start reading.

Thanks again for all you do.

In Christ,  Larry

Dear Larry:
    I might not have a paper by that title, but most of my papers contain information on crucifying the flesh and walking in the spirit. No one can "teach" you how to do this. It is the natural outcome of God's spirit working in you, and only God can give you His Spirit, that's for sure. Don't look to "Five Steps to Overcoming...."  "Seven Secrets to Happiness....."Ten Ways to Increase you Faith...." and such nonsense being peddled over the air waves of the world dainly (for your Love Gift of only $35.00).

When Jesus "taught the disciples to pray," He did not mean for one secret that they should repeat the very words that He used as instruction, to actually BE their prayer.  It is merely an outline of WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO PRAY ABOUT.  So for two thousand years, Christians don't pray the Lord's Prayer at all, they merely REPEAT THE WORDS OF THE OUTLINE!

Likewise people think they "keep" the ten commandments by following the OUTLINE.  No wonder God says, "O that there would be SUCH A HEART in them."  If they would have had a heart of flesh instead of stone, they would have known as Paul instructed us that, "For we know that THE LAW IS SPIRITUALLY" (Rom. 7:14).   Oh really?  Do we really know that?  I know people who know more facts about the Bible that most would ever learn in three lifetimes, and yet, THEY DON'T KNOW that "the law is SPIRITUAL."

Ask God to give you a heart of flesh (by which is meant a heart of spirit, as opposed to one of stone), and you will be walking in the Spirit.

God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.