bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update on my Dad  (Read 3309 times)

deejcop

Update on my Dad
« on: November 23, 2006, 12:53:07 PM »

I want to start out by thanking all of my wonderful "church" family here for all your prayers and notes of encouragement. We opted for the surgical procedure for the removal of his brain tumor, and it was done this past Tuesday. So far, Pops is in ICU, and according to the surgeon, is recovering "slowly, but surely." The swelling is reducing, he seems to be able to understand and respond to questions("Can you wiggle your toes?"), and his vitals are in the safe area.

It's been a very very trying week, to say the least. Everytime the phone rings, I nearly jump to the ceiling, and my heart begins to pound...thinking the worst. I can't begin to declare what God is going to do as far as the outcome here. I'm being somewhat optimistic, yet very cautious, but I am truly thankful that the surgical procedure itself is over, and that Pops made it through. How much of himself he's able to recover is still uncertain. But it's going to take several weeks for him to even beging to funtion normally.

Again, I want to thank you all for your prayers and support. I'm learning not to depend on and put so much into just one lone day to give thanks, but I must say that I am very very thankful today, and will ALWAYS be thankful, regardless of whether it's the forth Thursday of November or otherwise.

Thank you all and bless you

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Update on my Dad
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:28:20 PM »

Am happy for your news DJ....very happy.

:)

gmik

Re: Update on my Dad
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 11:26:01 PM »

Amen DJ   thanks for the update.  Prayers still going up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.