bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Communion  (Read 6525 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Communion
« on: March 31, 2006, 09:49:53 AM »

Hello Ray, I enjoy reading your articles which leads me to my current concern.  I have read in your articles how the OT was concerned with physical things and the NT with the spiritual.  My concern is that with communion.  In Acts 20:7 it seems to set a precedence that the apostles gathered each lords day to to worship and partake in communion.  Other scripture seems to support these weekly events.  If only spiritual things are important then why was communion instituted as a part of the weekly service?  Are there historical reasons or more to the scripture I have not seen?  I would like to understand why we partake in communion and if it is commanded every week or if once a month etc. is fine or for what reason we need not worry about partaking at all unless we desire.  From doing research it seems that Martin Luther, John Calvin and other scholars from the reeformation era seemed to think it should be done each week.  I would appreciate any clarification on this issue so I can quit worrying about it.

Thank you,

Matt

Dear Matt:
You know, I have kind of a rule of thumb: If the Church teaches it, it must be wrong.
Martin Luther and John Calvin were two of the most evil and vile heretics that have ever drawn breath on this earth. Disagree with heretic Calvin, and you just might end up being toasted over a low heat fire for maximum pain. Calvin is at the very bottom of the cesspool of humanity--what possible sin could top that?
There is no such thing as a "weekly Lord's day" in the Scriptures. Numerous physical rituals were performed in the early years of the Apostles' ministries until them came to a realization that it is the spirit that matters, not the physical. We are circumcized WITHOUT HANDS in our hear and spirit, and the same goes for communion, baptism, sabbath days, etc., etc., etc.
God be with you,
Ray

Kevin

Communion
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 02:08:03 PM »

Just another outside ritual that profits nothing.Jesus fulfilled the law, He became our passover. Why keep doing these things in the physical and keeping the passover. Jesus became these things-passover, sabbath, etc..

jennie

communion
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 02:19:52 PM »

Maybe it is just a reminder of something important like anniversaries and birthdays. A reminder of the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins. Like, there is nothing sacred about April 4 but it is a special date and reminder of marrying my wonderful husband. Just have to say this April 4 we will celebrate 25 years of marriage and even get to take a little trip!

Kevin

Communion
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 05:32:08 PM »

Congratulations Jennie on your anniversary. Its really good to hear that. Hope that yall will have another great 25 yrs and more. When I was catholic we had communion and I would forget about Jesus just as soon as I walked out the church. I dont believe these rituals really remind us of that. I eat and drink his body and blood everyday and second of my life. I dont need an outside ritual of the flesh to remind me of that. As for as Im concerned it is just people trying to keep the law. They make the unleavened bread,etc..... Jesus is the true bread from heaven. I mortify my body daily it is I hanging on the cross that is the cup that I drink. His spirit living in me thats the bread that I eat. What goes in the body doesnt make you clean or unclean. This is what I believe. I use to get all hung up on these outward rituals. But I got pass all that for this flesh has no profit nor does these outward signs. I am speaking for myself. I am not saying it is wrong for anybody to do this, that is there decision and I wouldnt judge you if you are anybody wanted to do these things. As for me I will worship the Father in spirit. God Bless you
Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.