bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Checked it out  (Read 4605 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Checked it out
« on: November 26, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »

While pumping gas into my 300zx Twin Turbo the other day I met one of your adherants.

He was a tall black brother named George ........... who looked like Tiger Woods at 40. He came over to talk to me about my car and we just hit it off. I think we hung out at the gas pump for over an hour, just enjoying each others company.... In the course of our conversation George mentioned your site and I came by this evening to check it out....

I must admit that you do have a full boat of information, of which I've only scratched the surface.... Frankly, your lengthy dissertation to John Hagee about the ridiculous propensity of preachers to say  "for ever and ever and ever", as well as the specific differences between an eon and an aion were so protracted that I had to skim them to stay interested..... But one can certainly get the gist of your point.  After all, the human mind hasn't a fricken' inkling of "for ever" anyway, so who the hell cares....?

But I must admit that the core of what you believe is right up my street.... I've spent most of my life in churches of one kind or another.... Thank God I was never cursed with Catholicism, but honestly, Charismatics have their own personal brand of religious lunacy... So, to individually assail the Catholics for their screwyassed shananigans, idols, icons and religious bullshit would be hypocritical....

After being in church for 40 years and in ministry for 15 years, I've grown so angry and tired of religion that I simply quit altogether...I got so tired of yuppie scumbag pastors and phony signes and wonders I thought I was gonna puke. Not to mention the fact that most pastors are simply well dressed narccissists with a bit of oratory talent.

Anyway I got so burned out on all the organizational BS I told 'em to stuff it..... I am offically the Kwai Chang Kane of Christianity...(re: Kung Fu...the TV series)

As followers of Jesus, we're commanded to do one thing, to Love God with all our being and love one another as Jesus loves us.... period....

All the conjecture about the origins of Man, the future of mankind and the earth, the coming of Jesus Christ, Arma fricken geddon and all the rest of it doesn't matter anymore to me..... I can't change the past... I can only become more obedient to God....

God has given me a tremendous heart...... And with it, I'm driven to love and to act selflessly towards others...... To attend to, to comfort....that kinda stuff.... Just to care about others.... So that's what I do.....

After all, I'm no bloody theologian.... I'm a damn rock n roll musician....."God is Love....Let's eat".

Yes, I am writing a book about how the church is the antithesis of spiritual enlightenment... And yes, I do get a chance to vent my spleen in the process... But I choose to do it because these so called pastors rarely teach folks how to love.... They only teach them how to foster more religion..... and I believe God requires those who know his Love to share it and to encourage others to do the same....recklessly and totally.

While the church seems to simple foster its own enrichment, I believe it should be reproducing enlightenment .... Which is the true Love of God.....

I could go on about what bullshit the issue of Hell and damnation is, but I'd be preachin' to the choir..... and by the way, Matt Crouch of TBN drives a Bentley Turbo..... His wife is sister to one of my best friends..... Last time I checked, Bentley Turbos were about 200 grand..... Now that I know Matt Crouch personally, I gotta say... That cocky son of a bitch wouldn't spit on me if I was ON FIRE..... Anyway...a ...dam Bentley Turbo.... unreal...

Nice way to spend money "tithed and offered" by unsuspecting old folk and other  gullible suckers..... Kinda makes me wish there was a Hell......

Sorry..... I'm done...

Take Care brother.... Keep up the good work.....

By the way, I took as many cuss words out of this rant as I could..... Didn't wish to appear complacent....

Timothy ...  .... .............
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.