bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube - Worldwide Church of God  (Read 6099 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
YouTube - Worldwide Church of God
« on: November 28, 2006, 10:37:25 PM »

Interesting if you belonged: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWAtvE1xiRk

Dennis

Blondie

Re: YouTube - Worldwide Church of God
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 02:33:58 AM »

Hey Dennis,  We belonged to Worldwide Church of God for about 25 years. Left when they stopped having services in this area. Our nearest "church" would have been 6 hours driving so chose to find another demonination in our local town (which was still 1 hour away). Was it the teachings of W.C.G. that has helped us to see God's real truth? :) Regards Blondie

TimothyVI

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 10:10:08 AM »

There were a number of things that I found interesting in that video. Not the least of which was that prior to changing
from a cult, most of their beliefs were opposed to the teachings of Ray except for their understanding of the trinity, which seemed similar to that of Ray's.
Since changing their belief thelolgy,  most of their beliefs are similar to the teachings of Ray except for their understanding of the concept of the trinity.  :-\

Tim

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 10:35:23 AM »

Hi Blondie,

I was in W.C.G. for 15 yrs, left in 95.
That church, with all the Holy day observances and teachings of the OT, gave me a really good knowledge of the physical events that happened in the OT.
Now, when I am looking at the spiritual application of something, the examples or shadows in the OT are very familiar, and that helps a lot.
The church I was in also studied a lot in Rev., again even tho they were way off in their interpretation, now I am familiar with Rev. and it helps a lot.  
Even tho I did not get any spiritual understanding from that church, I believe it was a stepping stone that God used in giving me a background, that I could use in understand His spiritual teachings now.
It was hard on me at the time, my husband did not attend, to bring my young children there alone.
But it was well worth it, since God desired it of me  :)

Hi Tim, that video was mostly about the change.  It did not show what it was really like to be in it under Armstrong. 

Ray went to the college there, but he has said, he does not go along, now, with any of their teachings before or after the change.
And I believe that is why he left that church, over disagreements with there teachings.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

jerry

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 02:34:56 PM »

Thanks for posting this vidio!!!!I started reading the plan truth magazine in nineteen eighty two untile about eightysix or so, I joined the church of god international in 96 under Garner Ted I use to tune into herbert on the radio and watch him on tv sunday's at first,I thought they really were preaching the truth I met under a few more of the splinter groups for a while until I figured out that it was all a fraud and a lie,I was a carnal man looking for spiritual answers in carnal men,The single most important thing above all else that I learned with them is never put your faith in men and never let other men or a man validate me or never desire the aproval of men or any man no matter how much truth he thinks he has,but now I know that God aproved me and validated me when the created me and again when His son died for my sins,and no one can add to what God has built except Him everything else will be tried by fire,I thank God that I went through that with those groups I beleave it was gods way of plucking me out of the fires of tribualation because I use to think that it was mans religion that made me worthy,Thank God Ive been set free from that lie!.....Jerry

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 02:35:50 PM »

Hi Blondie,

I would say the same thing that Kat said, the WWCG was but a stepping stone, even though 99% of what we were taught was wrong.

If you watch the video you will see that the current WWCG is nothing more than any other run-of-the-mill church on any corner.

IMO the WWCG attracted many who did not dance to the same tune (which IMO is the same here).

I run ad's on Google aimed at ex-WWCG members and it is interesting how many emails Ray gets as a result. Seems there are many who are still searching. But there were only about 100,000 members. This seems to be a statistical anomaly.

Yesterday we got 10 clicks from these ad's (cost us $1.45). But there were 425 impressions! And that's just for the keywords we purchase. I would say that there are more than 500 people a day looking for information on or about the WWCG just on Google! That's amazing considering there were only about 100,000 members.

But no idea what this all means.

FYI, here are the keywords we buy and the number of impressions yesterday.

Garner Ted Armstrong          65 
herbert w armstrong            70
ambassador report                9
"Worldwide Church of God"   192
"Ambassador College"            21
plain truth                            33
international church of god    32
armstrongism                       3

Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.