bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christ's works speak Loud!!  (Read 4422 times)

orion77

Christ's works speak Loud!!
« on: November 12, 2006, 02:15:35 PM »

How can we be afraid of our Father God after the ministry, death and Life of Christ?  Seeing the many times He forgave sinners, healed the sick, raised the dead, and gave His life for ransom.

Looking past the letter and into the message not only through the Word, but the actions brought to pass by this Word, we can confess our sins to One as compassionate, loving and merciful such as this.

(Joh 5:36)  But I have the greater witness than John's, for the works which the Father has given Me, that I should finish them, the works which I do, themselves, witness concerning Me, that the Father has sent Me.

This is an incredible verse, notice the works He does, themselves, give Him witness.  For example the changing water into wine speaks far more than the actual changing the water into wine, it speaks something deeper and witnesses to Christ in ushering in the new covenant.  The many parables, have a deeper meaning than what is on the surface. 

Seems those under wrath speak of death, punishment, and the severity of God.  And those under grace speak of Life, forgiveness, and the mercy of God.  It truly is a new life with a whole new way of thinking.  That grace working in us brought us to the point of total reliability on Christ who brought to us Life, forgiveness, and mercy.  How else can we share it with others?

FREEDOM  FREEDOM  FREEDOM

God bless,

Gary

YellowStone

Re: Christ's works speak Loud!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 11:19:54 PM »

Amen, brother Gary.

This is truly a wonderful piece of Scripture and I thank you for the way that you presented it. :)

Christs works were just like his words, given with only one goal and that was to set all who believed truly free.

Jhn 8:28-32
  • 28  Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am [he], and [that] I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
  • 29  And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
  • 30  As he spake these words, many believed on him.
  • 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed;
  • 32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

You wrote the following and it sure is worth repeating:

Seems those under wrath speak of death, punishment, and the severity of God.  And those under grace speak of Life, forgiveness, and the mercy of God.  It truly is a new life with a whole new way of thinking.  That grace working in us brought us to the point of total reliability on Christ who brought to us Life, forgiveness, and mercy.  How else can we share it with others?

FREEDOM  FREEDOM  FREEDOM

Adds a whole new meaning to the term: "Freedom isn't free," even though it was freely given.

Great post Gary :)

Love,

Darren

SandyFla

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 04:03:47 PM »

I find it comforting to know that Jesus forgave even those who did not repent:

"And when he (Jesus) saw their faith, he said unto him, 'Man, thy sins are forgiven thee' " (Luke 5:20).

"Then said Jesus, 'Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do' " (Luke 23:34).

"Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him" (James 5:14-15).

This flies in the face of what the church teaches, that God won't forgive us unless we ask Him to do so and until we repent.

Sandy

orion77

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 12:20:35 PM »

Amen to that Sandy,

(Luk 6:35 LITV)  But love the ones hostile to you, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be much; and you will be sons of the Most High, for He is kind to the unthankful and evil ones.

(Luk 6:36 LITV)  Therefore, be merciful, even as your Father also is merciful.

(Luk 6:37 LITV)  Judge not, and in no way be judged. Do not condemn, and in no way you will be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

I guess these words are just skimmed over or possibly rationalized some other way.  When we see, being forgiven while being His enemy, how can we truly not show this towards others? 

God bless,

Gary

SandyFla

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 04:35:30 PM »

Yes, Gary, they are rationalized.

Before I came to see God's truth about universal salvation, I believed we were to forgive everyone because God TOLD us to do it. But He doesn't have to forgive them because He's God and it's His prerogative. He can send his enemies to an unending hell with literal fire to burn their literal bodies because that's the way it is. He is God and that is His right. But we must not do anything to injure our enemies.

In other words, God says, "Do as I say, not as I do."

I couldn't see how hypocritical that would make God. And how blasphemous that belief is. I can't fathom how I could believe such a thing, but I did! Thank God He opened my blind eyes.

Sandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.