bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Works? Grace?  (Read 5812 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Works? Grace?
« on: November 29, 2006, 01:02:59 PM »

Hey Ray,
      Your teachings are very similar to Herbert Armstrong's teaching's (founder of Worldwide Church of God). I would say I agree with about 90% of your teachings except that agree doesn't quite make sense considering I am probably the most confused christian in the world. I have recently left my Pentecostal congragation mainly due to the fact that I would have probably soon be either disciplined or excommunicated for forwarding teachings that are very similar to yours. I have a question though and I hope you can find some time to read this as I will try to express this as clearly as I can. What is your interpration of GRACE? Are we saved by graced? Put in other terms; is salvation freely given to those who believe despite their current state or efforts? I read a very interesting article which I can not cite now, that teaches that the grace we receieve is the power or ability to NOT sin. That the Holy Spirit (HS) gives that strength we need and that is how we are saved. In essence by not sinning not through our own efforts, but because the HS will give us this ability. Paul did say he wanted to present the church to Jesus "Blameless and spotless." How so?
       Thanks in advance. May the Lord bless you your family and this ministry. In Jesus Name...

Regards,
Roy

Dear Roy:  With all due respect, I do not believee that I have ANYTHING that is "very similar" to Herbert Armstrong. I knew Mr. Armstrong and I knew all his doctrines well, and I have thrown them all on the dung pile.

I have taught for many years now that grace is both a noun and a verb. As a noun it is the state of being blessed and gifted with favor from God. This is not anything that one can earn or deserve.  But grace is also used as a verb, in that it does something:  "For the GRACE of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men TEACHING us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly, righteously and godly, in this present world" ( Titus 2:11-12).

The word translated "teaching" means, to learn, educate, chasten, punish, etc., the one being graced so that he will "DENY" the lusts of the flesh and live godly.  And so, if one does not have these fruits of the spirit in their lives, it is proof that they are NOT graced of God. See also Eph. 2:8-10--"For by GRACE are you saved through faith...notof works...for we are HIS achievement, created in Christ Jesus UNTO GOOD WORKS...."

Works do not save us, BUT...........they are a necessary by-product of God's spirit and grace working in us.

God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.