bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purpose?  (Read 5551 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Purpose?
« on: November 29, 2006, 01:11:31 PM »

Hello Ray.

Thank you for answering my previous emails. I truly appreciate your thoughts.  I was reading the book of Judges and I reread the story of Gideon. You know the story.  In chapter 6:17 - 40. Gideon asked God for a sign; the fleece dry/wet with dew situation.  My questions are these:  To really know God's will in your life, can we or should we ask God for a sign(s) and will He answer?  If we have this question in mind, is it because God placed this thought in our mind? Does no free will equal no free thought? All is of God, right? So, if Gideon asked for a sign, can't we too?  I just want to really KNOW what is God's purpose and will in my life. I know God's will will be done. So, maybe, I've answered my own question; it doesn't matter if I know God's will.

Thank you, in advance,

Joe

Dear Joe:
I will be receiving questions on "free will" till Kingdom come.  Trust me when I tell you that you cannot come up with a scenario regarding free will that I have not already entertained. THERE IS NO, "free will"/"free choice"/"free thought"/"free actions," etc., etc., etc.  Every thought, statement, and deed, has a cause, and anything that is "caused" to happen is NOT FREE TO NOT HAPPEN!  This is not only basic Scripture, this is also basic Science. It is called "cause and effect." I suppose that you can ask God for a sign, as God does not FORCE anything to not ask what they want to ask.  But be aware of the fact that whenever you do finally ask, it will have been CAUSED by something, and God is not any obligation to answer the requests of anyone.  It is God's intention that many people ask many things that God has no intention of answering.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.