bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blessed is the wood whereby righteousness cometh  (Read 5158 times)

Peacetroll

Blessed is the wood whereby righteousness cometh
« on: March 31, 2006, 02:46:31 PM »

Matthew 8:25-27 (King James Version)
25And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
 26And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
 27But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Below you will find Solomon's prophecy, the one Jesus' fullfilled above and below... (All scripture must be fullfilled and he did!! :wink: )...

Wisdom of Solomon Chapter 14:

1: Again, one preparing himself to sail, and about to pass through the raging waves, ((calleth upon a piece of wood more rotten than the vessel that carrieth him. ))
2: For verily desire of gain devised that, and the workman built it by his skill.
3: But thy providence, O Father, governeth it: for thou hast made a way in the sea, and a safe path in the waves;
4: Shewing that thou canst save from all danger: yea, though a man went to sea without art.
5: Nevertheless thou wouldest not that the works of thy wisdom should be idle, and therefore do men commit their lives to a small piece of wood, and passing the rough sea in a weak vessel are saved.

6: For in the old time also, when the proud giants perished, the hope of the world governed by thy hand escaped in a weak vessel, and left to all ages a seed of generation.
7: For blessed is the wood whereby righteousness cometh.

Matthew 14:26-28 (King James Version)
26And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

27But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

One of my personal favorites, Matthew 12:26 & 27.  OUR BELOVED!!!!

eutychus

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 02:57:24 PM »

Ps 89:9
Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them

i love discussing with you friend!!

what do you think the "other little ships" represent???
 :wink:
And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.

chuckt

ertsky

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:09:36 PM »

heres the book of ertsky from chapter one verse one

1. Yea! and many in that time shall come to the bt message board and try to befuddle the gullible with dodgy posts!

2. they shall in their profile have a list of their posts which shall verily read like a load of old twaddle at best and damnable heresy at worst !

3. and ertsky shall fume in outrage that such silly and dangerous posts shall take up the time of those seeking the truth as it is in Christ.

4. and ertsky shall wish that these would never visit the bt boards again till they have repented of all the dodgy rubbish they frequently post.

i would post more but the book of ertsky contains words in the following verses that are a little too strong for publication.

f

and now mercifully something from the real Word of God

1Ti 1:5  but the end of the commandment is love out of a pure heart and a good conscience, and faith not pretended,
1Ti 1:6  from which having missed the mark, some turned aside to empty talking,
1Ti 1:7  wishing to be teachers of law, neither understanding what they say, nor about that which they confidently affirm.

Steve Crook

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 03:10:02 PM »

(1Co 3:11)  For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

(1Co 3:12)  Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

(1Co 3:13)  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

(1Co 3:14)  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

(1Co 3:15)  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

(1Co 3:16)  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

(1Co 3:17)  If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

(1Co 3:18)  Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

(1Co 3:19)  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

(1Co 3:20)  And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

(1Co 3:21)  Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

(1Co 3:22)  Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

(1Co 3:23)  And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

eutychus

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 03:12:57 PM »

Quote from: ertsky
heres the book of ertsky from chapter one verse one

1. Yea! and many in that time shall come to the bt message board and try to befuddle the gullible with dodgy posts!

2. they shall in their profile have a list of their posts which shall verily read like a load of old twaddle at best and damnable heresy at worst !

3. and ertsky shall fume in outrage that such silly and dangerous posts shall take up the time of those seeking the truth as it is in Christ.

4. and ertsky shall wish that these would never visit the bt boards again till they have repented of all the dodgy rubbish they frequently post.

i would post more but the book of ertsky contains words in the following verses that are a little too strong for publication.

f

and now mercifully something from the real Word of God

1Ti 1:5  but the end of the commandment is love out of a pure heart and a good conscience, and faith not pretended,
1Ti 1:6  from which having missed the mark, some turned aside to empty talking,
1Ti 1:7  wishing to be teachers of law, neither understanding what they say, nor about that which they confidently affirm.

i'll take the wood of the Cross of Christ!!

Steve Crook

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 03:14:40 PM »

Yeah, it's all been said before, but all will give an account to what they witness. Thank the Almighty that forgiveness is such a great thing in His kingdom. Anyhow, let not the voice of another decieve you. Study to prove yourselfs worthy. That's all that is needed, because that's where He talks to you.

later.

eutychus

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 03:24:38 PM »

yall help me out here, im willing to learn!

what was wrong with the post??

thanks
chuckt

ertsky

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 03:52:15 PM »

oh in case any are wondering what is my problem with peacetroll

twice now i have noticed him quote from pseudo biblical texts as if they were inspired

once i have seen him post that those "born from above" are the "natural branches"

and on numerous other occasions i have read stuff in his posts that has made me really wonder where he is coming from.

for example

his assertion that Christ will reign forever and not hand over the kingdom to His Father in contradiction of

1Co 15:28  But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who has subjected all things to Him, that God may be all things in all.

and a couple of other things which i've forgotten but have no desire to look back through his posts to find

f

eutychus

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 05:37:42 PM »

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.