bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer in School  (Read 4969 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Prayer in School
« on: November 30, 2006, 06:50:46 PM »

Hi Ray,
    My name is Bruce and I am quite familiar with you and your web site...I must say GOD bless you and keep up the good work. I am doing a paper for my English class ( I am 43 yrs. old and going back to school to be a teacher) and I am doing what is called an "Argumentative/Persuasive Essay". We were given a list of issues to write about and the one that I chose is--- Prayer in public school. My instructor has given us directions to interview one person whom I consider to be a knowledgeable source, and this is YOU ! Please give me your take, your opinion, the facts and anything else that you consider pertinent to this subject. I am to have a rough draft ready for class workshop on Wednesday 12/06/06. Any help you provide on this matter is much appreciated. I will look over the web site and the email forum, as I recall something that you wrote about when JESUS told us to pray in private, not in public, like the Pharisee or Sadducee that stand on the street corner.Thank you Ray and everybody that is involved with Ray.
    Sincerely,
    Bruce

Dear Bruce:
    Here is what I would say:  " I am all for prayer. I believe in prayer. I have had many prayers answered.  I pray more out of thanksgiving than I do for "things."  I pray all day long.  But, I do not always get on my knees, get a pious look on my face, and then lift my eyes toward the ceiling and begin praying.   Sometimes I pray on my knees by the side of the bed. Sometimes I pray sitting down.  Most of the time I pray in whatever position I find myself, and I never have a problem praying silently when others are present.  Never, EVER, in my life, was I in a position where I needed to PRAY OUT LOUD, but couldn't because of legal restrictions. School children can pray before they go to school, on the bus, in the rest rooms, at lunch break, on the way home, and when they get home. Now then, for what purpose would any student EVER need to pray out loud inside the school in the presence of others?  Other than to be seen and heard of men ?  Contrary to the beliefs of those who just love to march on Washington to push their religious rights, God can actually hear your SILENT prayers.  God can see in silent and hear in silent and answer in silent. Yes He can.  I know He can, because He has answered many SILENT prayers of mine, so I know whereof I speak.  It's all about pious, holier-than-thou, sanctimonious, exercises in the flesh for self gratification.  Have our Christian children never been taught that God looks upon the HEART, not upon his AUDIBLE VOICE?  So help me, I don't understand all this religious hocus-pocus nonsense.  Hanging upside down in a deep well at the end of a rope with your mouth taped with duct tape, is an excellent place and position to pray.  No child will ever go to hell because he wasn't allowed to pray out loud in public school."

That's what I would say, if I were writing this paper.

God be with you,
    Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.