bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winning Souls  (Read 5533 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Winning Souls
« on: December 01, 2006, 08:53:11 AM »

Ray,

Just read your FAQ...loved your credentials.
    I have a couple of questions regarding "Winning souls".  You make the following statement which I mostly agree with.

"Shocking as it might sound to most, the Scriptures know nothing of "winning souls for Jesus." It is a man-made doctrine of the carnal mind."

But then you make the following statement.

"This verse, however, has absolutely nothing to do with saving the souls of those who believe in Jesus as their Saviour."

My question is this:  What scripture do you base the doctrine that Jesus saves souls upon?  I ask because of the following verses. JAM 5:19  Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; 20  Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death,...

1TI 4:16  Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

I know of no verses which say Jesus saves souls.  But I do know of the one which says He's the guardian.

One for Him and Him for all,

~Dee~

Dear Dee:

"Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and supperfluity of haughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted Word, which is able to SAVE YOUR SOULS" (James 1:21).  The word "Word" in this verse should be capitalized as it is in the Emphattic Diaglott. The "Word" [Logos] is JESUS CHRIST, and it is Jesus Christ Who saves your soul. See also Psalm 72:13.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.