bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray for me.  (Read 6307 times)

nightmare sasuke

Pray for me.
« on: March 31, 2006, 08:20:05 PM »

I have been debating with people on http://forum.bible.org. Pray that I will debate with sound doctrine.

If any of you want to join in, the posts I have been responding to are:

http://forum.bible.org/viewtopic.php?t=4021&highlight=

and

http://forum.bible.org/viewtopic.php?t=2731&highlight=

Do you think it's worth my time debating with the people?

Kevin

Pray for me.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 09:04:10 PM »

Nightmare I read some of the post. You cant debate with someone that is spiritually blind. You are like a deer walking into an hunters camp site.You are an sheep walking into a wolves fold. Hopefully you may have planted a seed are two but from the looks of it they look like its not falling on good ground. To be honest it felt kind of creepy to me. I cant debate with people that want someone to be tortured with no ending to their torment. I try to stay away from Babylon

nightmare sasuke

Pray for me.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 09:06:20 PM »

I try to run in Babylon and drag people out of it. But my lack of experience makes me prone to wolf bites.

Sigh, I wish I have had been studying this longer.

Kevin

Pray for me.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 09:10:09 PM »

Nightmare only God can drag them out. But hopefully you planted some seed. I pray that God will give you wisdom in this. Make sure you bring some peroxide for them wolf bites.

sparkyman481

Pray for me.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 09:19:04 PM »

I try to run in Babylon and drag people out of it. But my lack of experience makes me prone to wolf bites.

Sigh, I wish I have had been studying this longer.

Sasuke,

Be patient there is a season for all things including the season for learning.

1Ti 6:11  But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1Ti 6:12  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
1Ti 6:13  I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
1Ti 6:14  That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15  Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16  Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen.

Sorin

Pray for me.
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 09:54:47 PM »

Nightmare,

I checked out your links and thought you did a great job but unfortunately it's like banging your head against a brick wall. you can not get through to these people unless God decides to lift the veil.

But still, keep up the good work,
Sorin

Karen

Pray for me !
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 09:55:10 PM »

My prayers for you,is that Gods will be done in your life.And you will do what is His will for you to do.~Karen~

rvhill

Pray for me.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 10:16:04 PM »

Another thing you are using the wrong tack. Always rely on the KISS Principle, keep it simple stupid. Another thing never try to win an argument with a unprovable fact. The eonian argument can not be won, because you can not truly prove it(I agree with it though).

What can you prove? Scripturally you can prove, every one will be save. You can bury them in scripture. Still most wont accept it though, but you might convict some.  For every verse you use you must at least know the whole chapter and understand it. You will need context. People will try to take things out of context.

So things like this are weaken your argument:
However, I know for a fact no human being has ever sowed eternal torment.

This they are going to see as your opinion. Do not get emotional.

When all is said and done only those chosen by God will hear.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Pray for me.
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 04:17:21 AM »

I think you can ask difficult questions about multiple aions (forever and ever/aions of the aions). Pretty hard to explain multiple eternities.

Dennis

eutychus

Pray for me.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 11:04:52 AM »

Quote from: Kevin
Nightmare only God can drag them out. But hopefully you planted some seed. I pray that God will give you wisdom in this. Make sure you bring some peroxide for them wolf bites.

amen! plant seed and hope the soil is fertile.

1Cr 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

rvhill

Pray for me.
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 02:41:09 PM »

Quote from: Dennis Vogel
I think you can ask difficult questions about multiple aions (forever and ever/aions of the aions). Pretty hard to explain multiple eternities.

Dennis

Yes but why let the debate be side tracked. The debate should only be about salvation for all. Beyond saying that aions can have multiple meanings, and that it may be a translational error why even go there? What ever you do don't bring it up first.  The debate should not lose focuses. Most time debates are won or lose on focuses. To me the aion debate is to argumentative. The argument for “salvation for allâ€? you can bury them in a ton of scripture, and the scripture can be your shield in the argument.

eutychus

Re: Pray for me.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 11:52:21 AM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
I have been debating with people on http://forum.bible.org. Pray that I will debate with sound doctrine.

If any of you want to join in, the posts I have been responding to are:

http://forum.bible.org/viewtopic.php?t=4021&highlight=

and

http://forum.bible.org/viewtopic.php?t=2731&highlight=

Do you think it's worth my time debating with the people?

my post got deleted :roll:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.