bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Peter written to Gentiles  (Read 5017 times)

charliek

1 Peter written to Gentiles
« on: March 31, 2006, 09:11:31 PM »

Hey everyone:  I'm new to these discussions and have been listening to  and studying both Ray's and Mike's audios & articles for some time now.  As a former dispensationalist, they have really opened my eyes.  Which brings me to my question.  In Ray's audio message "What is the Gospel of the Kingdom" given in Mobile, AL in Nov 05, when he was commenting on 1Pet2:9 he mentions that Peter in his first epistle wrote to the Gentiles.  Where does he get that from?  Does he understand the "strangers scattered" to be Gentiles?  I've always believed that both letters were written to Jews.  

Charlie

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 10:40:16 PM »

Continue reading down. Read verse 10 of the same chapter.God bless

ertsky

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »

i always thought it was written to me :)

Rom 2:28  For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Eph 2:12  That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13  But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14  For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Rom 2:10  But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11  For there is no respect of persons with God.

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.