bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eons  (Read 5459 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
eons
« on: December 02, 2006, 10:29:52 AM »

i ray,
    here is another letter..please don't think i'm looking for holes in your messages as I do enjoy the reading as well as the knowlege I feel i've picked up  (thank you)
    ok my question you said eons had an end..I was always under the impression that eons ment An indefinitely long period of time (indefinitely meaning forever) where am I wrong is it in the translation?

Ray   

Dear Ray:
    Words are not defined by "impressions."  Greek "aions" always had reference to a period of time, be it short or long. This is true from the earliest Greek writings. The early church fathers also knew this to be true.  It was in the year 540 that Justinian called for a church council. He wanted to establish that the life of the saint was to be "everlasting," and so concluded that it must be taught that the life of the doomed must also be "everlasting."  He knew that the Greek words aion and aionios did not have this meaning of "everlasting," so he attached the word "ENDLESS" to these words which he knew meant ages. And so, thus was born the unscriptural, damnable heresy of "ENDLESS AGES." Here we have absolute irrefutable proof that "aions" did not mean endless or would not have been necessary to attached the word "endless" to a word if it also meant endless. "Everlasting punishment," and "eternal life" are theological LIES that have no place in the Scriptures.

God be with you,
    Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.