bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Satan  (Read 6698 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Satan
« on: December 02, 2006, 10:31:22 AM »

Some confusion.....

You (Ray) say that Satan was formed  by GOD's hands:

By HIS SPIRIT He hath garnished the heavens; his HAND has FORMED THE CROOKED SERPENT" (Job 26:13). God garnished the heavens by His SPIRIT, because they are a thing of great glory, beauty, and splendor. But the crooked SERPENT God formed by His "hand" -- at ARMS LENGTH. Thus indicating it was something necessary, but not of His HEART AND SPIRIT! Satan is called "the crooked serpent." ).

However, the late Dr. Ernest Martin says Satan/Devil was an Angel?.  Now I know that you refer to Dr. Martin's teachings as well, I just need some clarity on this.

Angels - The Facts and the Fictions
The first thing that the mature Christian should know about angels (and this includes ALL angels – both those who are considered "good" and those reckoned to be "bad") is the scriptural teaching that God often charges His angels with folly and wrongdoing (Job 4:18). There is not an angel in existence within the totality of the universe who is perfect in his or her character and that does not do at times things that represent folly and wrongdoing. No one of God’s human children should ever consider that ALL angels are indiscriminately equal in character and righteousness and that they ALL are equal in the roles that they are designed by God to play in the workings of things on earth and in the heavens. Indeed, one must remember that even Satan the Devil is an angel who appears as an "angel of light" (Satan mimics pure and unadulterated "righteousness") (II Corinthians 11:14,15).

The reason behind me asking is that I am teaching my children bible-truths and would not like to confuse them re: whether Satan was an Angel then become the devil.

Please help me understand!!!

Brenda

Dear Brenda:
ALL of God's created celestial beings are "messengers."  Angel means messenger. From that Perspective, Jesus is a Messenger (Mal. 3:1-2).  If these messengers are bad, we might refer to them as devils, demons, OR adversaries, but they are STILL MESSENGERS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.