bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tree of Life  (Read 4697 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tree of Life
« on: December 02, 2006, 07:44:55 PM »

Hi,
You wrote a portion in one of your QandA to a Jehohah Witness about the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

You forgot to mention the other tree called the Tree of Life.
God placed those trees in the Garden of Eden. Although God commanded Adam and Eve to not eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil he did give them a choice or free will. The could've chosen to abide God but we know they did not and ultimately had to pay for their disobedience which is death.
So, the tree of knowlege of good and evil brought forth death.
You mentioned that God wants his children to "know both good and evil" and desire "good above all else".
If that is true then why did it become a curse to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil? Man is now composed of knowledge of good and evil. With evil is good and with good is evil according to the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It is the tree of knowledge of good AND evil not good OR evil. Everything of man is corrupt with evil and good. Even the good things in this world are rooted in evil. Religion, philosophy, culture, etc... They may seem good and in a humanistic and moral way they ARE good but they are from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Man has this innate feeling to know and be good and evil.
This brings us to the tree of Life.
The tree of Life was/is only composed of Life and nothing else. What is Life?
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the way and the reality and the LIFE; no one comes to the Father except through Me.
There are many more scriptures that connect Jesus with Life. What I am hoping to impress your soul and spirit with is to see that Gods purpose or intention for man/woman was/is to partake of the Tree of Life. He desires us and it pleases Him to eat of the Tree of Life which is just the Lord Jesus Himself.
When we eat the Lord Jesus we get nothing but Life! There are no distractions of knowledge, good and evil. When we partake of the Lord Jesus, we come to the knowledge of Christ but not the knowledge of man.
John 6:48 I am the bread of life.
Revelation 2:7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God.
Revelation 22:2 And on this side and on that side of the river was the tree of life....
Even in revelation we have the tree of life and not the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Since the beginning of Genesis to Revelation God wants us to eat Jesus(the tree of life).
I could go on and on but I know you have many emails to read but I do hope you read this in full.
If anything, we all need to breath, eat, and drink the Lord Jesus with an open spirit.
Just opening our mouths and speaking, calling on Him, praying, fellowshipping, shouting to the Lord waters us with Life..that is His Life.
The more we eat Him(Tree of Life) the more we are constituted of Him and therefore we are able to dispense His Life to others. God is good but it is not the same good that man portrays. Mans goodness is not entirely true. It is a mixture of good and evil. God is truth. The knowledge of Christ and to have the mind of Christ is what we really need. 1 Cor 1:16
With all that said, knowledge of good and evil are natural human instincts, attributes; however they somewhat became "natural" after the fallen state of man due to the eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

May the Lord Jesus be with you always,
Adrian

Dear Adrian:
Man has NO "free will."  That is an unscriptural and damnable heresy of Satan. Read my four-part series on "The Myth of Free Will Exposed."

Why did God create and plant the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil right in the middle of the garden and make it very attractive and pleasant for food and wisdom?  Why?  Did He think that Adam and Eve would NOT eat of it?  Didn't God KNOW?  Is God stupid of His Own creation?  Was God SHOCKED when Eve ate of the tree?  Did He NOT WANT them to eat of the tree?  Then why did He creat it?  Why was it pleasant?  Why did He allow the Serpent to DECEIVE Eve?  Where was God?  Did God not CARE that they were going to SIN?  All the stupid and foolish unscriptural nonsense of all the theological seminaries in the world have not an answer to those questions while at the same time trying to defend the "free will/free choice" heresy.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.