bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fact/Limitation  (Read 5729 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Fact/Limitation
« on: December 03, 2006, 01:03:47 PM »

Ray,

First of all, thanks for bringing your knowledge to such a public forum.  I respect your quest for God's Truth and also the lack of obligation you feel toward current/popular church doctrines.  However, I have a question.  What do you do with John 3:3,5 and verses like it?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God! (Joh 3:5)

This isn't quite the only verse that mentions things a man must "do" or be if he is to enter the Kingdom.  My question is, what can this mean besides there being a possibility that a man might never be restored to the Father in the end?  Are there multiple ways to live out eternity?  Could it be possible to live in Jerusalem, but be denied access to the Kingdom "Proper"?  It's strange that Jesus talks about the Kingdom so much, yet he doesn't mention the alternative -- according to your belief, the Lake of Fire is not that alternative.  However, it doesn't seem feasible to say that somewhere in the Lake of Fire a man can become born again, else this message would be pointless.  I can tell the core concept Jesus was trying to convey to this willing Pharisee was about how Jewish lineage is not enough.  It's the way he is saying it which is the mystery to me.&nbs p; It seems pretty final and resolute: "cannot enter".  Is it possible Jesus was not referring to the "kingdom to come", but something that Jesus was a part of already?  It would seem to fit with the context of Nicodemus' inquiry a bit better, I think.

Thanks,

John
    Raleigh, NC

Dear John:
    Be careful to not turn statements of fact into statements of limtation.

Joh 3:5,  "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God."

Jesus didn't say that some could never enter into the Kingdom of God "EVER," did He?  No. First there needs a requirement to be met.  Did Jesus say that some would "NEVER" meet that requirement?  No. Your statement that "It seems pretty final and resolute..." has no bearing on the meaning whatsoever.

I can make a statement that: "Unless you have a ticket, you CANNOT enter the auditorium."  So what is the solution?  GET A TICKET!  God will be handing out lots of tickets at the consummation of the eons."

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.