bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sabbath  (Read 5459 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sabbath
« on: December 03, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »

Thank you Ray for your prompt reply, I'm sorry that you did not understand my question. It related specifically to the ten commandments that Moses received from God on Mount Sinai and whether or not there is any biblical evidence that Jesus Christ him self ever taught that these were any lesser than the others ? Does the Biblical Sabbath of both the New and Old testament and observed by the early church have any significance in the Church age?  I hope this question clarifies my earlier question for you. Ray, in response to your question about the "REMAINING NINE" , there is only my own attempt to separate the Sabbath commandment as an illustration only.

Kind regards,

Michael

Dear Michael:
Yes, of course the Sabbath Command has great importance and significance to those who understand it. It PICTURES something.  What it pictures is a totaly mystery to the Church, however, or they would not "keep" the Sabbath every seventh day, they would keep it EVERY DAY.
Circumcision PICTURED something also, but as the Church nor the Jews really understand what it pictures, they continue to circumcise FOR RELIGIOUS purposes whereas Paul said that if one circumcises for religious purposes, he falls from grace.  Wow, imagine that.  Falling from grace for obeying God's commandments?  "O that there were such an HEART IN THEM!"

If the actual ritual of cutting off the foreskin accomplished something spiritually, then God should have had all men wait until they were 20 years old before being circumcised. Yikes! And if the foreskin were such that it grew back every month, I guess to obey this commandment one would have to be circumcised every month.  An eight day old baby hard knows that circumcision pictures, yet that is when it was done.  It is the adults who are supposed to know what it stands for, but they don't.  In the same way most Sabbath keepers have not a clue what they are doing. They think that "keeping" the Sabbath accomplishes something spiritual just as circumcision an eight day old baby accomplishes something spiritual--IT DOES NOT.

I will explain this further when I write my own Law Paper.  I'll give you a hint:  The law [of Moses] IS SPIRITUAL (Rom. 7:14).

God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.