bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Universalism  (Read 5554 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Universalism
« on: December 03, 2006, 01:11:26 PM »

> This email will address your teaching of universal salvation:
>
> It seems to me that a major theme running through the Bible is that
> salvation is NOT universal - i.e. there are some that will not receive
> salvation. Salvation is a gift from God, but that does not mean that
> everyone will automatically receive it. What is needed to receive this gift?
> John tells us:
> "He believing into the Son has aionian Life; but he disobeying the Son,
> shall not see Life; but the Anger of God abides on him." - John 3:36
> (Emphatic Diaglott)
> So it tells that those disobeying the son shall not see "life" - notice it
> says "shall not see life", it doesn't say that they won't have the
> "age-lasting life" or the "age-lasting correction". God clearly requires
> faith and obedience to obtain sa lvation. Another scripture:
> "Jehovah preserveth all them that love him; But all the wicked he will
> destroy." - Psalms 145:20 (ASV)
> Another scripture:
> "But as for the cowards, and unbelievers, and the abominable, and
> murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars -
> their portion will be in that lake which burns with fire and sulphur which
> is the second death." - Rev 21:8 (Emphatic Diaglott)
>
> Just a short & sweet email, as directed on your website.
>
> Agape.

Dear Agape:

You have missed a lot, and you have assumed a lot.  Just how is it that one "believes" in the first place. Can a sinner decide all on his own to "believe" Jesus and thus be saved?  Do you have a Scripture on that? No you don't. I said: "NO YOU DON'T."  I have checked the Bible and there is no such Scripture.  Now then, are there dozens and dozens of Scriptures that show it is ONLY by and through God that one even CAN believe, and come to Christ, and overcome, and be saved?  Yes there are. I will give you just a couple, for if you will not believe a couple, neither will you believe the Scriptures if I were to show you a hundred.

Can a person come to Christ on his own by his own powers and abilities?  No, he can not. "NO MAN CAN come to me except the Father which has sent Me draw him [Gk: 'drag him']: and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:45). This statement must be pretty important, AND TRUE, since Jesus repeated it for those who are so carnal and who will not believe the Word of God: "And He said, Therefore said I unto you, that NO MAN CAN come unto Me, except it were GIVEN UNTO HIM of My Father" (John 6:65).  Here's another: "CAN the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? [Well, CAN THEY?] THEN [IF they can] may YOU [Mr. Agape, and every other person on this earth who thinks God doesn't know what He is talking about] also can do GOOD ['There is NONE that doeth good' said Paul without Christ in him], that are accustomed to DO EVIL [that's EVERYONE before they are converted--by GOD]" (Jer. 13:23).

And so, if GOD can cause one person to have faith (Eph. 2:8), and to do good works (Eph. 2:10) and to live godly lives by His Grace (Titus 2:11-12), He can and will do it with all humanity (I John 2:2; 4:14; I Tim. 2:4; 4:10; etc.,).  And this is because of another verse among dozens and dozens which states this truth:  "For it is GOD [who? man? no! G-O-D] which works in you both TO WILL and TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

Ponder deeply what I have just shown you, Mr.Agape, because you will now be accountable for this Truth of God's Word should you decide that your personal opinion of the Scriptures is greater THAN the Scriptures.

God be with you,

Ray
>
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.