bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's Up, Roy Here....  (Read 5335 times)

fe32k

What's Up, Roy Here....
« on: December 05, 2006, 11:57:36 AM »

Hey Everyone,
      I am glad to be on this forum. I am here to learn and fellowship with all likeminded believers. Are there any poets out there? ANyone into writing song lyrics? Spoken word? If anyone speaks Spanish, I have some works in Spanish as well. Lets all praise God and continue to pray so that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth.

Well a little about me:
I was born and baptized (or sprinkled) into the Catholic Faith. Approx. two years ago I was converted to Pentecostal and was baptized again (Submerged this time). Every sermon included a warning about hell followed by our hope of the rapture. My wife and I were alway skeptical of the Charismatic nature and of the "manifestations" of the Spirit. Maybe even scared. When I questioned it my Pastor said I was in danger of commiting the unpardonable sin and left it at that. One day during Bible Study, I forwarded the possibility that the ressurection and the coming of our Lord might just be the same event. That the dead sleep in a grave. I do not exxagerate when I say I was almost cursed at. Well I have left the congregation. It was tough because I had come to love everyone there very much. I am in the process of writing everyone a letter and hope that they read what I have to say. Either way, I am glad I bumped into this site and looking forward to the discussions. I have always believed in what Ray teaches, just needed a good way to explain it and express it. I like to read a lot. I also like to write. My future plans include making a site where I can further the truth and also hopefully one day preaching in other countries, such as my home country, Dominican Republic.

Lets all give thanks to the Lord almighty, creator of heaven and Earth. To whom be Glory, for all time and eternity. Praise God.

fe32k

Re: What's Up, Roy Here....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »

Forgot to mention...

I am From New York City. I also like to play basketball if anyone is down?

brothertoall

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 12:23:01 PM »

Hello Roy and welcome to the forum. I am so glad God has lead you here to fellowship with us.
I don't play basketball because I am too short. Tried it but got tired of smelling arm pits! ;D >:( :o ::) :-\

Welcome my new friend,

bobby(bob)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 04:35:24 PM »

Hi Roy,

Welcome to the forum.  Your journey sounds familiar.  I believe you will find an abundance of love and good fellowship here.

Rene'

gmik

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 08:13:10 PM »

Welcome Roy!  You sound like a fun guy.  Looking forwrd to your posts.

gena

Blondie

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:30:45 PM »

Hi Roy,  similiar journey to mine in shorten fashion.  It sounds like it will be fun getting to know you.  Ray's teaching is fantastic & through him God has really opened my mind & changed our lives.  Regards Helen :D :D

steve

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 02:39:30 PM »

hey roy,
 come on in the house, kick off your shoes, and make yourself comfortable. feel welcome here. GOD is sure good!

steve

jennie

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 02:50:02 PM »

Roy, this is a great place to be. All of these people are wonderful. They have accepted me as I am and have encouraged and prayed for me throughout all my hard times. Welcome Roy!

fe32k

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 03:06:09 PM »

thanks everyone for you warm welcomes, I am not only new to this forum but to forums in general. Was not aware of such a feeling of community in these things. I am excited and can't wait to engage in thought provoking discussions from everyone. I am not shy to express my love towards my brothers and sisters in Christ, so stay tuned! Love ya all.. peace and God bless...

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »

Hi Roy

On the Off Topic Discussions section there was a thread called the Poetry thread opened by Sorin with the last post entered on November 01, 2006, 10:08:30 PM by gmik

Enjoy!

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 05:13:32 PM »

Hello Roy and welcome to the Forum!

We share a few things in our lives, I grew up in New York, Rochester not the City but I have been there many times through the years. Was born into the Catholic church (not born again) went to a Parochial School my first few grades earning a healthy respect for the strength and accuracy of a Nun's arm when throwing an eraser at the forehead of an unsuspecting lad who is talking out of turn in class (me).

Played high school basketball as well as pick up games from the time I was about 10 years old, love the game. I also played for a time in an Industrial League where there were many former college and high school players, very competitive. As in high school I was known as a football player on a basketball court, fouled out every now and then, kind of like my personal life.

My Mother worked for Les Harrison and his lawyer brother back in the early 70's for a while, he is in the Pro Basketball Hall of Fame, he was founder, owner and coach of the Rochester Royals (they are now the Sacramento Kings) in the 40's and 50's and also was a founding member of the NBA, he was a great guy who lived and breathed basketball. I could go on and on about the great stuff he did for kids who were into the game (but I will spare you). 

I just wanted to say hello but once again I got on a roll.

His Peace to you,

Joe 

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 12:39:02 AM »

Roy,

Hi, just wanted to greet you and say welcome to a wonderful journey.  Glad to have come to this site with a few people and not just by myself.

I do poetry and compose music for the fun of it.  Look forward to hearing from you in the posts. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 10:57:38 AM »

:)Welcome Roy! What is your favorite LOF series subject? Joyce
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.