bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray I don't get sucked back into Babylon!  (Read 4297 times)

snorky

Pray I don't get sucked back into Babylon!
« on: December 05, 2006, 03:32:07 PM »

Deb here...haven't posted here in over a month since our dialup is down, perhaps permanently. The only other alternative out here in the mountains is satellite internet which is expensive.

Anyway, after a series of events having to do with cleaning my local nondenominational church, I quit my job, a prerequisite to quitting the church. Without going into all the details, after explaining some of what happened my husband got peed off and called the pastor of this church saying we wouldn't be going to that church anymore! But then later he sorta reneged and said if they (the Board, the President of which peed me off over cleaning) apologize, we'd go back to church.

Pray, folks, that THAT WON'T HAPPEN!

I believe, since asking God to find a way to get me out of that church (which, even though it isn't as blashemous as most churches because it is a very small church, it is still blashemous with the preacher teaching hell for eternity, the rapture, free will and the trinity), that He finally answered my prayers and requests. Please pray that God's Will becomes my husband's! (And that it is God's Will indeed for me to "come out of her my people." Even if my husband does renege I really have no intention of going back...they have proven to me that God has hardened their hearts.)

Deb aka snorky

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Pray I don't get sucked back into Babylon!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 05:18:10 PM »

Deb,

You are in my prayers.  Just keep meditating on Phil. 4:6-7.  These scriptures always calm me down when I'm feeling anxious!

Peace and His grace to you,

Rene'

brothertoall

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 05:28:12 PM »

Hi Deb,

I will pray but I do believe that God has already told you what he wants. Trust me on this one, we can do it His way right now or we can fight and kick and scratch but you and I both know God's way is,was and will be done.
 Prayers going up for you both my friend.

bobby
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:29:28 PM by brothertoall »

gmik

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 08:41:19 PM »

Deb when I found Bible-Truths, I knew I wanted to leave the church I was going to.  That was around Sep/Oct 2005.  It took till June of this year to actually leave it.  I was waiting on my husband, but I finally just said you can do what you want, but I am not going back.  So we haven't.  However, my husband readily accepts what I relay to him after I have read Ray.  He will listen to Ray, but my husband shuns the computer like it is gonna bite, so he doesn't read him.  Hopefully, your hubby will be willing when the Lord works on him.

gena

Blondie

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 08:02:12 PM »

Deb,  I started reading Bible-truths in about June this year & in Nov I went to our pastors & told them that I had to resign from all leadership positions with great fear & trepidation. But God had been before me & much to my surprise, they were & still are very gracious.  I have felt that I should finish some things before I leave altogether for the sake of some people in the particular babylon that I have been attending. Blondie

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 03:38:47 AM »

Deb,

At least you are not sucked in Babylon.  Right now I am playing at a church that we get a good monthly supplement to our income.  Probably if we were not getting paid, I am sure we would leave.  I am not sure at this point.

I will keep you in my prayers that you do not get in a mess like I am in.  I am pretty much trapped due to obligation and a sense of betrayal if I quit going. The church has done so much for us in good faith, you know that kind of thing.

Anyways, I hope all works out.  Remember Romans 8:28 as well as that Scripture that says God will not give us more than we can bear and that he will provide an out.  By the way anyone who reads this post and knows where that Scripture is please PM me with that reference.  I have been looking for it for a long time.

Sincerely,

Dean Peterman

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:40:19 PM »

Thanks for sharing part of your life Snorky.

UncleBeau

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »

Hey Deb,

Yeah....it sucks....It seems so much harder to get out than it is to get in. It's like peer pressure, only the peers make a religion out of it and say the whole world should follow. On one hand, follow your husband like the scripture tells you to. On the other hand, follow the Truth like the scripture tells you to. You could go back and stay quiet when they speak ignorant lies from the pulpit, you could not go and you and your husband would have different opinions about who this "church" really is, or you could go and expose every false word they convey....that's quite a predicament, Deb. You know, sometimes the best thing to do is let people make their mistakes while you observe and watch God go to work. See, the right thing for those people to do is to apologize. I would not pray for them not to do the right thing, but rather that God will direct you where He'll direct you, no matter what situation you find yourself in.

your friend,

-Beau

seminole

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 02:35:50 PM »

Deb, I hope that all works out okay. Even though I have been involved in some hairy conversations on this forum, I got respect for the people here. It is brave for you to write about this. Best to you in this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.