bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Augustine  (Read 5383 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Augustine
« on: December 06, 2006, 10:09:40 AM »

Hey Ray,

Sorry for spamming you today but I have one more question. Will you ever have a section on your 7 th installment of the Lake of Fire Series concerning the church after the apostles died? I have read many ante Nicene writers that have undisputable references to an actual Hell. Was Augustine the first to introduce this heresy into the church, or did many before him believe it? It blows my mind to think that such a doctrine could have infiltrated the church only a few years after the last Apostle (John) Died. I know time is scarce, but can you say a line or two to explain the speedy manner in which the doctrine of EVERLASTING hell entered the church?

Roy

Dear Roy:

No, Augustie was not the first, but he was probbly the most effective in spreading the heresy of an hell of eternal torment. Paul warned that after his departure wolves would enter the flock and tear it apart, and that heresy and apostasy was already at work, so it should come as no surprise that many of the early "fathers" taught such unscriptural nonsense, but not all.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.