bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's Will?  (Read 5768 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
God's Will?
« on: December 06, 2006, 10:13:44 AM »

Dear Mr. Smith,

I absolutely love my bible!  It's absolute truth is the only hope for mankind.

I apologize if this question is redundant.  In His teaching his apostles in Luke 11:2 "Thy will be done as in heaven, so in earth;"  To the people listening to the Sermon on the Mount Jesus states "thy will be done in earth as it is in Heaven."  Of course we know that the "thy" is the Father because of the beginning of each prayer lesson, and we know that Jesus would never teach us to pray for something like "keep the planets in place," or "make sure gravity works today," because they are a given.  So, then if God's will is always done, why would Jesus teach us to ask for it to be done on earth as it is in Heaven?  Also, in the same thinking, 2 Peter 3:9 states that God is not willing that any should perish but that all come to repentance.  One more comment, If God's will is always done on earth, the law against homosexuality, adultery, murder, theft, and so on would be God punishing people for doing His wi ll.  I really don't understand why Adam and Eve eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil upset God at all if they were just doing His will.
        The logical conclusion here must be if man has no choice, then it's all God's fault, He's to blame.  I definitely do not believe that!

In Christ's Service,
    Mike

Dear Pastor Mike:
    Jesus said: "...the WORDS that I speak unto you, THEY ARE SPIRIT...." (John 6:63).

I realize that if anyone were to actually teach such a verse in any seminary in the world, he would be thrown out on his ear. The Church doesn't believe this verse. Most of the pastors of the world do not believe this verse. Now then, if virtually no Christian alive believes this declaration of our Lord, how is it that they expect to understand a single word that He taught?

If "heaven" is outer space where the galaxies reside, then how is it that Jesus was both "in heaven" and "on earth" AT THE SAME TIME? (John 3:13). God's will being done on earth "as in heaven" has absolutely nothing to do with the planetary or star systems of outer space.

So why pray for what MUST BE done?  For the same reasons that Jesus prayed "Thy will be done" before His crucifixion.  God doesn't need to get in line with OUR will, but rather we must get in line with HIS WILL, seeing that that is the only will that WILL be done, and we are to desire and pray for it. "For it is GOD [who? man? NO--GOD] which works in you both TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).  I don't know a member of Christendom anywhere who believes this verse or a hundred like it.  Christians think that because people go against God's stated will, that they are going against His plan, purpose, or intentions. It is God's INTENTION and PURPOSE and PLAN that mankind GO AGAINST HIS STATED WILL.

"All that God has said, WE WILL DO," answered Israel to Moses.  Yah, right, in their dreams. Yes, God is not willing that any should perish as a final destiny, and so, no one will perish as a final destiny.  Even the RIGHTEOUS "perish" in this lifetime (Isa. 57:1).

You do not understand the terms "choice" and "free choice or free will" at all. We all make choices. We make our OWN choices, but all choices are caused by SOMETHING. It is called the "Law" of cause and effect. A law is something that always works under all conditions. Man assuredly does not possess "FREE" will or "Free" choice. It would behoove you to read my four-part series: "The MYTH of Free Will Exposed" in Installment 15 of my "Lake of Fire" series. I go through dozens of Scriptures proving that man has no such thing as "free" will. However, this knowledge is not found in too many. Read it.  No, really, read it. You have obviously read much junk in your life, so now read something worth your while. God really is Sovereign.

We need to be careful in our selection of words when speaking of God. God can be "responsible" for something without being "at FAULT."  Fault suggest a mistake, a sin, and God does not sin, neither did He ever make a mistake, even though most would think that Adam's and Eve's failing in the garden showed that God did not count the cost, and did not know what He was doing, and was utterly supprised when He found out that His creation malfunctioned. It's all blasphemy. God never made a mistake or was surprised by anything, EVER.
    God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.