bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Light as a feather  (Read 5529 times)

fe32k

Light as a feather
« on: December 06, 2006, 11:27:02 AM »

Does anyone here feel as light as me? I mean there is finally something that makes sense and a whole bunch of people to share it with. I may sound corny  :D , but it has been a lifetime of searching (I'm young, but still) for the elusive truth, which isn't really elusive. I had a sense that everything was wrong, but could not quite get a grasp of what it was. Now I know the difference between to fear God and to be scared of God. I was scared of God. God was my closet monster, the monster under my bed! Waiting to devour me with any opportunity. Now I fear Him. There is a higher sense of respect in fearing God. A higher sense of humility and reverence; of safety and love; of calmness and weightlessness. I bow down to the Lord almighty and feel like nothing else matters. Can you believe it? Everything is under control, everything is going to be alright! now THAT is GOOD NEWS. The burden of living up to God's standards is off my shoulders. And a burden it was! Thank you God, because for me this was impossible, but for You everything is possible.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I can take a look at my Family and not have mental pictures of them burning in an eternal hell and worms that never dieth covering thier entire face just because they do not beleive. I still fear for them, and pray that they repent and not face the full wrath of God which is only kindled but for a moment. But in His favor is LIFE! and Lots of it! Aleluya!

This little blip of an existence can throw many things at you. I won't say I am ready for anything, but I will say the Holy Spirit of God will continue to lead me into all truth and the truth is settting me free.

To God, almighty, the wise and just, be all the honor and glory, now and for the eons of the eons and into eternity! Amen!

I love you all with the Love that our Lord has poured into my heart! God be with you all.

dogcombat

Re: Light as a feather
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:00:35 PM »

I read you on that.  What those verses in Matthew are saying is to stop trying to love Jesus on our own strength, but  REST in what He's already done.  Plus, what He's about to do in us because we learn to Die to our selves daily.  This is something ONLY His spirit can teach us.  For, as you now understand, to do it our way (the flesh) is very burdensome. 

Ches

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:26:29 PM »

Great Post!! :)

You both are so right. "Resting in Christ" instead of on our own merits is something that is totally impossible until you trust enough to let go and to fall into Christ. He wil catch you just as he has caught me.

Thanks for a wonderful post. :)

Resting with Christ,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 03:56:40 PM »

Sounds like you are experiencing the JOY of His Spirit! :D

Psalm 16 : 11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy..........makes the things of the world grow strangely dim :D

Rom 14 : 17 After all, the kingdom of God is not a matter of getting the food and drink one likes, but instead it is righteousness, that state which makes a person acceptable to God and heart peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Peace and joy to you

Arcturus  :)

SandyFla

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 03:18:44 PM »

I may sound corny  :D , but ...
Not at all. You sound like how most of us probably felt the day we discovered that GOD is in charge, not us. That is the most freeing thing. Nothing we do can disrupt His plan, He is guiding all things, and everything will turn out right in the end. We can't lose!!! :)

ned

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 02:30:18 AM »

What an inspiring post! To read your joy in the words you've written is awesome!
Of everything we have on this planet, there is nothing to be more excited about than knowing our Lord!
And I love hearing this excitement in fellow brothers and sisters.
We are so truly blessed and ought to be constantly thankful for such a blessing!

THANK YOU GOD FOR YOUR LOVE, SPIRIT, FELLOWSHIP, AND THE GIFT OF KNOWING YOU![/color][/b]

Love in Christ,
Marie

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 01:57:09 AM »

Hi,

Thanks so much for posting this post.  Your joy is infectious and I have caught some of it.  You put my feelings into words in this post.  Thanks so much for sharing.

May you always experience this joy. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 02:05:00 AM »

tHANK YOU NEWBIES!!!!

I love reading all your joy at "finding" Ray and the Forum.  We "oldies but goodies" who have been around awhile need to remember our joy at being dragged here (well, at least I do). You keep us young ;D in the Lord.

Love ya,
gena
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.