bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Satan Deceives  (Read 5612 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Satan Deceives
« on: December 06, 2006, 12:39:59 PM »

Hello Mr. Smith,

I have a quick question.  From the following scripture:"Ye [Gk:  of you] are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not [does not stand] in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not" (John 8:44-45).

Why did Jesus say that Satan was a murderer from the beginning?

In studying this scripture, I think that Jesus said this to equate the motivation of the religious leaders to kill him with Satan who motivated their hearts to want to commit to this deed.  Or better yet, they were no different from the Devil who desires to kill.  I am still a bit confused because if Satan indeed is a murderer from the beginning who did he kill?  I decided to ask you your take on this because I was speaking with a person earlier today who is desperately trying to get me to partake in his bible study and the topic came up.  I meditated on the subject matter and the above assessment is what I believe God gave me.  Thank you and may God bless.

Bro. Earlington

Dear Earlington:
Satan is the Adversary. Satan deceives, and he deceives THE WHOLE WORLD (Rev. 12:9). Back in the garden, Adam and Eve were "the whole world."  Satan deceived Eve who then got her husband to sin  (I Tim. 2:14 & Gen. 3:6).  When Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel, they were the WHOLE WORLD.  Satan's job is to DECEIVE THE WHOLE WORLD. And so Satan had Abel MURDERED through Cain.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.