bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Satan Saved?  (Read 5242 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Satan Saved?
« on: December 06, 2006, 12:41:19 PM »

Hi brother Smith,

I pray you will humbly seek God concerning this doctrin that you teach about the salvation of all things.  We must not add to or take away from God's word.

I think we need to make a distinction between the terminology of salvation and reconcilation.

Here's what Paul says:

Col 1:16 KJVR
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

God is the Creator, He did so by His own soverign will.

Notice v 20:

Col 1:20 KJVR
(20) And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Here Paul says that He has RECONCILED all things by the blood of His cross.
The "all things" of creation have also been "reconciled," and Paul defines this for us as: "having made PEACE."

In other words, reconcilation has to do with making "PEACE" and establishing harmony, as opposed to discord
and opposition.

Now concerning SALVATION

Here's what Paul says:

1Ti 4:10 KJVR
(10) For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe.

1Ti 2:4 KJVR
(4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

He says nothing about saving Satan or his demons.

Here's what Paul says about JUSTIFICATION

Rom 5:16 NKJV
(16) And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification.

He says nothing about justifying Satan and his demons.

Here's what John says about PROPITIATION

1Jo 2:2 KJVR
(2) And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole w orld.

He is talking about people, the world of mankind, as distinct from us as believers.

He does not say that Christ became the propitiation for Satan and his demons.

Here's what Paul says about RESURRECTION

1Co 15:22-23 KJVR
(22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
(23) But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

The context shows clearly that he is talking about mankind.
He says nothing about resurrecting Satan and his demons.

Each of these terms has a different meaning and application, and while they are often related and apply to the same groups of people, they are not precisely the same.

Salvation has to do with one's health and well-being, which has been compromised by the death sentence upon Adam and his descendants. Justification is a legal term and has to do with a court case and how to be declared innocent in view of one's past sins. Resurrection has to do with being raised from death to life, or from mortality to immortality.

Going back to my analogy about bugs and mosquitoes and bacteria. I don't believe bugs and etc. will be saved. They will, however, be reconciled, because they are a part of God's creation. This does not mean that bugs will be justified, for we have no biblical teaching that any bug will appear before the judgment seat of Christ or before the Great White Throne. Nor will bugs be resurrected from the dead.

I cannot see how every mosquito and fly in history will be raised from the dead. The earth would then be thick with such creatures in the Kingdom.

The Bible never says that Satan will be saved, justified, or resurrected. It only says that the reconciliation will include things in heaven as well as on earth.

But if bugs will be reconciled, but not saved, then why must we say that Satan and his angels will be saved? I do not believe that Satan will be "saved."

Even though there are people who do not even believe in a "personal devil" but equate it to the carnal mind. It would still
be revelant to this because the carnal mind will not be saved, but replaced with the mind of Christ, thus reconciling all things. When the mind of man is reconciled, there will be peace and harmony between God and man.

Paul chooses his words carefully by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

1Co 15:27 KJVR
(27) For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

To reconcile creation means to bring creation into subjection to the rule of Christ, because all things [GK ta panta, "the all"] must be put under His feet. Peace will then be restored, not because He rules by fear forcing all to worship Him, but because all will submit themselves by Love a nd by full agreement.

So because reconciliation applies to all creation, it cannot feasibly "save" every creature that ever lived, nor justify every rock and tree, nor resurrect every mosquito. It sounds obsurd to me.

What I'm seeing is that God will treat angels differently.

Mat 25:41 CLV
(41) Then shall He be declaring to those also at His left, 'Go from Me, you cursed, into the fire eonian, made ready for the Adversary and his messengers."

Jesus spoke here of "the aionian fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels." I believe that men are purified or purged in the fire, because God is a consuming fire. The fire consumes "the flesh," leaving only what is good. As for the devil and his angels, God is also a consuming fire to them. The question is whether there is anything good in the devil that is NOT consumed and which may remain in the end. I do not believe there is, and therefore, it is my belief that the devil and his angels will b e completly consumed by God.

To consume is to eat or assimilate. God can "eat" in this sense without violating His character. For this reason, God told the disciples that if they drank any poison, it would not hurt them, and if a serpent bit them, it would do them no harm

Mar 16:18 KJVR
(18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Where did this ability come from? Obviously, from God, because as a consuming fire, He too is able to consume "the flesh" along with Satan and his angels without violating His sanctity. All vice will simply be assimilated by the all-consuming fire of God.

This is what I am seeing and believing at this moment. My main concern in all this is the fact that it has been stated
that Satan and all the demons will be saved and there is not one scripture that I've found that comes close to that.

Here's what it says in Hebrews concerning angels:

Heb 2:14-18 ALT
(14) Therefore, since the young children have shared of flesh and blood, He Himself also likewise shared in the same, so that through death He should destroy [or, render powerless] the one having the power of death, that is, the Devil,
(15) and release those, as many as [due to] a fear of death, throughout all their life, were subjects of slavery.
(16) For surely He does not take hold of [fig., give aid to] angels, _but_ He takes hold of [fig., gives aid to] [the] seed of Abraham.
(17) Therefore, it was necessary [for] Him to become like His brothers [and sisters] in all [respects], so that He should become a merciful and faithful High Priest [in] the [things pertaining] to God, [in order] to make propitiation [or, an appeasing sacrifice] for the sins of the people.
(18) For He Himself having been tempted in what He suffered, He is able to help the ones being tempted.

I like how the amplified bible reads verse 16 and 17

Heb 2:16-17 AMP
(16) For, as we all know, He [Christ] did not take hold of angels [ the fallen angels, to give them a helping and delivering hand], but He did take hold of [the fallen] descendants of Abraham [to reach out to them a helping and delivering hand].
(17) So it is evident that it was essential that He be made like His brethren in every respect, in order that He might become a merciful (sympathetic) and faithful High Priest in the things related to God, to make atonement and propitiation for the people's sins.

We must be careful not to add to or take away from God's word.

His wisdom and understanding to you,

Andy

Dear Andy:
What a CROCK!
As I have hundreds of unanswred emails ahead of yours, I have neither the time nor the inclination to try and sort out all of your unscriptural and convoluted reasonings.
I know that this might come as a shock to you, Andy,' but I just did a word check on e-Sword, and the name "Andy" appears NOWHERE in the Scriptures. Hence, how can you claim that God will save YOU.  I see nowhere that God has said He will save "ANDY."
This might also come as a shock to you, but Satan is "spirit," and as such does not literally die, and hence CANNOT BE (literally) RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD. Etc., etc., etc.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.