bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The ages that were and the ages to come  (Read 4081 times)

fe32k

The ages that were and the ages to come
« on: December 07, 2006, 02:59:54 PM »

Hey everyone,
     I hope this finds everyone encapsulated by the grace of God. I asked this question to Ray, but apparently it requires more explaining than he has time for (understandably). I hope someone on this forum understands the plan of the ages that the Lord has blueprinted before the foundation of the earth. I mean how many ages have there been? How many more will there be? I remember reading somewhere in one of Ray's articles that there are countless ages to come(Sorry I do not remember where). I do not see where this is hinted in scripture. I thought that the new heaven and new earth was the culmination of Gods plan through time. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Joey Porter

Re: The ages that were and the ages to come
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 11:37:52 PM »

This topic intrigues me as much as any, because I believe we can learn a lot about the secrets of the kindgom by learning about how the coming "ages" are going to be administered. 

Jesus said that anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven in this age, nor in the age to come.  However, Ephesians 2:7 tells us that there are at least two more ages to come.

But if there will be inhabitants in the lake of fire unto the "ages of ages" that must mean there are at least three more to come, right?  Because that would mean they would be in the lake of fire for at least the age to come and one more after that.   ???

Brett

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 12:19:02 AM »

Sometime I wondering if the word 'age' mean like one man and 'ages' is plural like two or more men. Just wondering.

Also,

Jesus said that anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven in this age, nor in the age to come.

"in this age" mean right now and "in the age to come" mean the rest of life on earth. Maybe I'm not correct. Anyone know this? :-\

Brett :D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:20:30 AM by Brett »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:29:30 AM »

Hi fe32k,

These are excerpts from Ray's article - Is "Everlasting" Scripture?

Lots of good stuff here, to think about  :)

http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm --------------------------------------

Comment: The concept of "eternity" is foreign to the Holy Scriptures. There is virtually nothing that is outside of the time periods known as aions. There are just a couple of hints regarding life beyond the ages of time. Luke speaks of things pertaining to the Kingdom, not coming to an end. And Paul tells us that in resurrection we will have "incorruption" and "immortality" signifying "deathlessness," but neither word has to do with time itself. Paul also speaks of a time in which God will be "ALL in all." That is the extent to which the Scriptures even hint of eternity or anything beyond the ages of time.

II Cor. 4:18 is neither speaking of "deathless" or "everlasting," as you suggest. It is speaking of what is happening now, in our life of flesh, and what will happen during the ages of our reign with Christ in the kingdom of God. The things of this life, we SEE daily. The things pertaining to the Kingdom of God are as yet "NOT seen." Again, it is not even speaking of what is "visible" and "Invisible," but rather what is NOW SEEN as compared with things "eonian" and NOT YET SEEN, which when seen will not be temporary, but will last through whole eons of time. And all that is perfected through the Kingdom of God and the reign of Christ bringing all enemies into subjection, will last on PAST the eons, and will have NO END.

The next great event in prophecy is not eternity, but rather the END of this eon and the BEGINNING of the next—the one in which the very elect will reign with Christ. There is no sense in jumping into eternity when as yet, we have numerous ages to yet live and administer God’s government and His Great Judgment. And so, what is not yet seen, is "eonian" (pertaining to the eons), and not "eternity" as you and the King James suggests in this verse.

Comment: Once more you are making statements that are not grammatically true. When there are no words of limitation present, "aionios" is NOT limited to "an [one] age," as you keep repeating. Aionios can be used as either singular or plural, but the word itself carries no connation whatsoever about what might or might not happen at its conclusion or consummation. The Elect will reign and JUDGE the nations not only through the millennium, but also for the whole period of the Great White Throne/Lake of fire/Second death judgment.

And AFTER the consummation of the ages, the elect saints continue to live, not because they were promised "eternal" life, but because they have been resurrected from the dead or changed at our Lord’s coming, hence they are all given IMMORTALITY! Which means that they will NEVER EVER die, even though they have never been promised "eternal" life by such a name or term.

Comment: Let me try this one more time. God created the eons of time, therefore, He is "the
eonian God." God is working out His plan of salvation for the entire human race within the confines of these "eonian times." The Scriptures know nothing of "eternity." They didn’t even have a word for the concept. Redemption is only one of many things that God will accomplish in the eons. There are no promises, no prophecies, no anything, mentioned in Scripture that goes beyond the conclusion of the eons. After the eons are over, then what? What will we do? IT DOESN’T SAY. We know of only two things that are taught in reference to anything beyond the eons [1] we will all have IMMORTALITY [we will never die]. The word itself has nothing to do with "time," but rather ‘death-less-ness, and [2] God will be ALL IN ALL. That’s it! Beyond these, we must trust God in faith regarding what eternity holds for us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.