bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another "Oldie but Goodie"  (Read 8067 times)

hillsbororiver

Another "Oldie but Goodie"
« on: December 08, 2006, 10:01:42 AM »

Hello Everyone,

In the time I have been participating in the Forum I have seen it swing from extemely edifying, encouraging and loving and then slip into debate, strife and overly sensitive and emotional attitudes. It has been the hope of many who come here to have an oasis of likeminded people to fellowship with. Often we are just that, but at other times our personalities and egos tend to get in the way.

The following posts are in response to a rather stressfull period our Forum experienced, I am reviving them not to accuse or point fingers at anyone but to be a gentle reminder to all the reason we all came here in the first place. We are all at different stages of our walks with Him but we should all be able to show patience and understanding with the brethren. There are times when we see that it is obvious total agreement is not forthcoming that is when we should let some topics cool down, pray together and agree to disagree as Brothers and Sisters in the Body of Christ.

Again, this post is not in response to any one thing or any one person but for all of us to consider, I would like to see more of our members sharing with us and feeling secure in the fact that they are more than welcome to ask questions and participate in fellowship without having to worry about having their words or motives being misinterpreted.

His Love and Peace to all of you,

Joe     

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the most part the forum has many good folks asking honest questions, there are also those who will try and teach things which they have no understanding of. Religious hobbyists, and self appointed scholars are those that can confuse us little children.  Answers are given and twenty different views are added in and in the end the strongest personalities win out and it leaves the silent majority, the new people, the non posters, the babes in Christ, who have had their eyes opened to the truth, more confused than ever.  I become confused and I have had more experience than most. 

Yes, Ray Smith is the teacher who without, the website and forum would not exist.  I believe he is called of God to teach.  Does he have all the answers?.  Of course not. 

So what tools do the moderators have to try and keep things on track?  (Remember we are not teachers and don't have the time to keep the truths taught on Bible Truths on track) The tool we use is the thing that brought us all to the forum, the writings of Ray and the scriptures he uses to provide some answers to people.  When we do this, then we are accused of only letting Ray's views be the boundry of discussion.....Well H-E-L-L-O, that is why the questions are generated in the first place.  Remember the forum rules "If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere"  This applies even if your teaching is correct, because none of the moderators have the time to study what you are teaching or believe, we have a hard enough time within the confines of the rules of the forum.

I wish the site would just become a place to fellowship and spritiual resting place.   Many are coming out of the wilderness and need a place of sanctuary, instead of coming out of babylon into another babylon.  We need to lift each other up in fellowship, many of us here have lost the fellowship with others and are now shunned.  When this site becomes a forum of confusion we are failing each other.  Too many here try very hard to be teachers, preachers and leaders.  The fact is very few will ever be called to do that job, the majority of us are to be diligent students and all of us are to let Christ be a witness through us, not by speaking or writing a thousand words but by the actions of Him in our lives.

Blessings!
Craig

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Craig was asked why ideas cannot be debated)

I'll say this again, debate is not the purpose of the forum.  The questions the forum where meant to address are questions that come up when reading Ray's material.  If you have trouble understanding what Ray is trying to convey in an article, then you should be able to ask this question and have someone who understands what Ray is trying to say answer for him, if no one can then we as mods can ask him the question.  The problem is people do not answer the question as it pertains to Ray's message, I dare say most have not even read some of his writings, but they will attempt to answer according to their own ideas.  Throw a dozen scriptures at the question and leave people more confused than ever. 

The forum and members here are often branded as followers of Ray rather than Christ.  This is so untrue and I'm not going to waste time defending this statement except to say this.  There is truth, not half truth, mostly truth, or 99% truth, but only truth.  If Ray makes the statement that the grass is green and I see that he is correct in saying this, I don't need to listen to someone who says "well but it is white when it is covered in snow or brown if it doesn't get enough rain" and I sure as heck don't need to debate with these people.  I read and study the bible and what Ray writes, I compare with scripture, I pray for guidance and I either agree with him or not.  If I do not, I might email asking for clarification.  If I still don't agree I continue on and do not bring it up to the forum.  None of us will ever agree with each other in this age so leave it alone, agree to disagree and move on.  This is NOT a DEBATE forum.

The forum must change to survive, we as moderator's have let you down, because we have not formulated the rules clearly and have not even enforced them the way we should, perhaps the burden is too great.   Within the following month we will make needed changes, and I'm sure we will (sadly) dissapoint some in the process.  I ask for your prayers of guidance for the future of this forum.

Craig

(Chris responds to another statement)

Not all can be teachers, very few indeed are given insight, while some believe they are chosen to move on to maturity, still others are not given this ability as of yet.

I should say this forum is designed to help folks move forward, but is by no means i final stop for those who feel they have out-grown the teachings on Rays site.

To your question:  "just how many times can you talk about Tithing , free will ,  The Trinity and so on.?"

Is this all that is written?... and you added "and so on?"  your post "reeks" of pride... as if you have read everything, understand it, and are now ready to move on.

There is also an "air" of unforgivness , in your post for other members that have written you in private...I think for the most part, it is posts like this one you wrote, that cause confusion.

Chris R

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great posts Craig & Chris,

It is my feeling that we all need to moderate ourselves and that will take care of the problems we seem to veer into all too often. Why are any of us here in the first place?

Searching Christ's Words for a deeper understanding brought us to Bible Truths and Ray's articles gave us food (milk & meat) for spiritual thought, many of us sought out likeminded believers to fellowship with online as it is rare indeed to find others in our neighborhoods, even cities. There are those though that enter this Forum with other ideas, either to dispute or debate or to teach, I agree with Craig that there are plenty of places online to do that but that is not the purpose of this site.

Yes, there will be times we fail to come to full agreement on certain subjects, we must strive to be mature, patient and agree to disagree, leaving behind (for a time) that particular subject and move on.

I know I have not been as vigilant as I could or should have been in keeping posts and threads truer to the purpose of this Forum, I have let some things go deciding to err on the side of caution rather than the letter of the law so to speak, but when I am inconsisitant it hurts the members and especially the other moderators. I sincerely apologize to all of you for that. Craig is right on with the formulation of new and clearer rules or even to strictly enforce the existing ones.

Peace to all,

Joe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, please take this in the spirit it is given and let all of us strive to display the fruits of His Spirit, patience, longsuffering and charity (love) will go a long way in making our Forum become an oasis of fellowship. Where else can any of us go for this?

brothertoall

Re: Another "Oldie but Goodie"
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »

Joe Craig,Chris,

I have learned much here and one important lesson I have learned is that when I veiw some of the topics here and see the way they are going I have learned it is better just to not say anything or respond.

I once was a moderator here too and I did a very stupid thing so I know longer do that. BUT I for one , will try to be a help to you guys and to behave myself according to the way Christ would want me to be. Arguing and debating is not fruitful and I have been guilty of that myself but praise God He showed me the error of my ways and I no longer have a desire to do that nor even read it here at times.

There are many new members here and more coming daily and it should be the desire of us all that fellowship should be with all. There should be unity,patient and love shown at all times. It always sadens me when I see people leave here because they felt they were treated badly or looked down upon for asking a question.

Let us all,and I am speaking to myself here, always be edefying our brothers and sisters and showing them love and patient. My carnal nature at times is a battle with the spirit and that sometimes these simple words are the hardest thing to say:

I WAS WRONG AND I AM SORRY!!!

Love to you all,

bobby

dogcombat

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »

True indeed.  Let the MATURATION in Christ take place in order to Grow up before we Grow old.

Ches

iris

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:30:16 PM »

Good post Joe.

Since I am fairly new here, I feel inadequate to respond to a lot of the posts.  :'(

I feel like anything that I added to the thread would just sound stupied.  ::)

But I have learned a lot from the Brothers and Sisters that are more mature,

and have had my eyes opened to a lot more truths.  ;D

Iris

SandyFla

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 04:53:15 PM »

Exactly.

It wouldn't hurt us all to go back and read the Forum Rules again, just to be reminded of why we're here and what is expected of us (me included).

Sandy

gmik

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 05:16:13 PM »

For me, I need to spend more time re reading Ray's site and my notes from Ray's and THIS FORUM.

I think a lot of the posters here are absolutely incredible in their knowledge, wisdom, and love.  Those that take the time to look up scriptures or to find answers in Rays stuff do me a great favor.

Thanks Joe for the reminders. No one here has offended me, but I pray if I have offended anyone that you will look kindly on me and forgive. Iris many times your posts have helped me. Mongoose, you are right-none of us ask stupid questions.  We just ask things we don't know about. ;D

And....I wish Ray would get part D finished!! 8)  I can't wait!!

Love to all,
gena

Brett

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 11:22:59 PM »

Is that mean to read all the articles on Ray's site then no more questions in forum:-X? I am not sure understand what Craig saying. Sorry, me deaf, read different understanding than your, but maybe I misunderstood.

I have not finished all Ray's site, I still reading Lake of Fire series part 12. I already read from part 1 to 11, "Rich man and Lazarus", "Is 'Everlasting Scriptural?", "Winning souls for Jesus?" and...I think that's all I have, it took me to read and understand for 19 months! I wish I could read speeding but I can't. Me turtle! ::)

Brett

andrevan

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 11:37:14 PM »

Is that mean to read all the articles on Ray's site then no more questions in forum:-X? I am not sure understand what Craig saying. Sorry, me deaf, read different understanding than your, but maybe I misunderstood.

I have not finished all Ray's site, I still reading Lake of Fire series part 12. I already read from part 1 to 11, "Rich man and Lazarus", "Is 'Everlasting Scriptural?", "Winning souls for Jesus?" and...I think that's all I have, it took me to read and understand for 19 months! I wish I could read speeding but I can't. Me turtle! ::)

Brett

God bless you Brett! Your perseverance is inspiring!

I'm looking forward to the changes and clearer rules. Thank you moderators for the difficult task you perform on this forum.

God's peace to you all.
Andrevan.

YellowStone

Re: Another
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 12:38:52 AM »

Andrevan wrote:

I 'm looking forward to the changes and clearer rules. Thank you moderators for the difficult task you perform on this forum.

Andrevan, the changes have already been made :) And I am happy to say that the forum shows so much more love and respect between members now, than I have ever seen before.

Joe was/is right, we never want to revert back to the days of "scoring points" or having the last word.

We should all, always remember that we only know what God has allowed us to know. It`s the same way for everyone, so if you have a problem with a post, take it up with God. :)

Newbies, :) never be afraid to ask a question. We are all here to learn and to help and love one another.

God is love and he is OUR FATHER!

Love to all,
Darren
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 12:43:39 AM by YellowStone »

ned

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 02:19:50 AM »

Hi Joe,
This thread is a great reminder of why we are here, and I think it's necessary to refresh our thinking every now and then. Thank you.

Joe, to quote you on one point, specifically the last part I've bolded;

The following posts are in response to a rather stressfull period our Forum experienced, I am reviving them not to accuse or point fingers at anyone but to be a gentle reminder to all the reason we all came here in the first place. We are all at different stages of our walks with Him but we should all be able to show patience and understanding with the brethren. There are times when we see that it is obvious total agreement is not forthcoming that is when we should let some topics cool down, pray together and agree to disagree as Brothers and Sisters in the Body of Christ.

Can we (in truth) agree to disagree in the Body of Christ, if we are living for Him and in Him?

1Co 1:10 Now I am entreating you, brethren, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all may be saying the same thing, and there may be no schisms among you, but you may be attuned to the same mind and to the same opinion."

Phi 2:2  Now make me completely happy! Live in harmony by showing love for each other. Be united in what you think, as if you were only one person.

I've seen in a lot of threads where initial disagreements have come to a mutual understanding and agreeing of a subject, and thereby being "attuned to the same mind". Now this no doubt takes love and patience by all parties to remain edifying.

Your thoughts?

In love,
Marie

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 02:37:24 AM »

Also from LOF part 5 page 15 quoting Ray

...."Orthodox Christians invariabley DISAGREE or they try to CONTRADICT which only proves that this person believes the Bible is a book of CONTRADICTING Scriptures. Unbelievable!

and from page 2

Scripture verses used to establish literal proof are all fround in the carnal mind and not in the Scriptures.

It is wonderful to be able to seek council and to recieve guidance and direction through the edificating encouraging fellowship that is shared here in this Forum. It is a skill to discern where someone wants to be right for the sake of being right and where some one values being teachable rather than combative or willfully blind. Agreement to disagree is a beautiful mercy shown where we have not yet been given eyes to see or ears to hear. This affords us the understanding extended to those who are teachable
and are still not up to par with the comprehension required to grasp some of these very rich and deep truths which only God can disclose and open our minds and hearts to see and hear.

There is much love here, deep wisdom, vast knowledge and faithful fellowship which is for me the presence of Christ's own Spirit of Truth and power of His peace. We have only to seek this to walk in humble gratitude for what we have here together.

1 Cor 13 is a beautiful passport into this Forum. It sums it up for me in the final verse.

Here is the Message Translation 8)....But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that comsummation; Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love!

I also enjoy the Message Translation on Matt 5 : ...I believe there are some words in this for all of us......

You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope.(Thank you Mods for the patience you have and the wisdom you share and the end of your rope that God provides you to live on all the time with us :D ) With less of you there is more of God and His rule.( We need :D God and His rule....so this is not to say be scarce to the Mods ;D )

You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. (That's us/me when I loose a pet belief that is exposed as false :o) Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.

You're blessed when you're content with just who you are - no more, no less.  (I have seen a few who shine on this one :) ) That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.

You're blessed when you've worked up a good appetite for God. (This is a banquet here in Bible Truths for the famished ;D ) He's food and drink in the best meal you'll ever eat.  8)

You're blessed when you care. At the moment of being 'care-full,' you find yourselves cared for. (Jennie and many precious others here come to mind )

You're blessed when you get your inside world - you mind and heart - put right. (this is it ;) ) Then you can see God in the outside world.

You're blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. (This thread...our Mods...our love to you) That's when you discover who you really are, and your place in God's family.

You're blessed when your commitiment to God provokes persecution. (Our Teacher given to us by Christ. Ray Smith - just look at some of the e-mails of persecution he gets.... :D ) The persecution drives you even deeper into God's kingdom. (Wait for us Ray ! :D )

Not only that - count yourselves blessed every time people put you down or throw you out or speak lies about you to discredit Me. What it means is that the truth is too close for comfort and they are uncomfortable :D. You can be glad when that happens - give a cheer, even!  ;D for though they don't like it, I do! And all heaven applauds. And know that you are in good company.  My prophets and witnesses have always gotten into this kind of trouble.
:D

.....and this is perhaps for the Newbies.....[color=Blue] Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.
Here's another way to put it; Your're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept
.[/color]

Peace to us all
Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 04:50:05 AM by Arcturus »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 11:10:17 AM »

Joe,

Thanks for this reminder.  I appreciate all that you, Craig, and Chris are doing in moderating this forum.  I believe that the Lord is shepherding us and when we stray, He will pull us back.

Love, peace and His grace to you all.

Rene'

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 01:00:04 PM »

Thank you all for the great input, this is an excellent example of edifying fellowship.

Something to remember;

1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

His Peace and Wisdom to all my Sisters and Brothers,

Joe

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 01:26:51 PM »

To All,

There is no such question as dumb or stupid.  I have a great deal of them to ask in the future.  Ask your questions and post your comments.  We are not here to judge but to learn from each other and to follow the Scripture that says to "encourage one another as long as it is todat." 

I want to exhort the newbies[myself included] to go ahead and post.  There's a lot of us that like reading questions and you may help us out in learning things. That's what I love about interacting with people, you can always learn from them.

I think this was a wonderful topic.  It needed to be posted.

Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 03:42:15 PM »

To All,

There is no such question as dumb or stupid.  I have a great deal of them to ask in the future.  Ask your questions and post your comments.  We are not here to judge but to learn from each other and to follow the Scripture that says to "encourage one another as long as it is todat." 

I want to exhort the newbies[myself included] to go ahead and post.  There's a lot of us that like reading questions and you may help us out in learning things. That's what I love about interacting with people, you can always learn from them.

I think this was a wonderful topic.  It needed to be posted.

Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Amen!

Brett

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 06:43:03 PM »

Very good comment, Anne! ;)

Brett

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 10:07:21 PM »

Hello Everyone,

With the recent events that have transpired I thought perhaps reviving this thread may give us perspective.

We will always have controversies arise from time to time that is a given, what is of great importance is not that we will have trials together but how we respond to them.

This was compiled and posted about 8 months ago as we were experiencing another "bump in the road" here. There are some very good observations by Craig and Chris as well as some of our members.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

P.S. Chris has posted an extremely pertinant message in another thread that really needs to be contemplated;

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5187.msg41259.html#msg41259

gmik

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 01:07:27 AM »

Joe thanks for bringing this thread up.  Very timely.  I hope a lot read it. It is funny that it is the same ole same ole every time.

Mods, thank you for your patience w/ us.

Brett, you are so dear!    (Me turtle-ha)  Not slow, but faithful.

DuluthGA

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 01:12:48 AM »

Thank you for this historical perspective! 

Janice
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.