bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 4997 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: December 09, 2006, 11:54:34 AM »

I have read your message on tithing and to me it seems you are more contradicting than those you presume to be.  How can you claim that people are told to tithe what they don’t have? To me a tithe is 10% and 10% of 0 is 0.  So if you can afford a tithe it means you have.   I long for the time I will be tithing 1million because it will mean I will be earning 10 million.  Have you read the scripture that says that through Jesus Christ we inherit the blessings of Abraham?  To you because we are not Israelites (am a Kenyan) means that we are not among the 12 tribes of Israel and thus not entitled to the covenant. (referring to your claim that only Levites can be priests). I don’t believe your philosophy . Note that you will account for every person you lead astray.

Dear Irene:

Well you obviously do not keep up with the mass-media of prosperity preachers in America. They do TOO tell people to GIVE WHAT THEY DON'T HAVE. And if they are so deep in debt that they can't even pay their bills, they are to PAY THESE CHARLATAN MINISTERS BEFORE they pay their bills. I don't contradict anything. Jesus never taught HIS followers to tithe to HIM. He told the lying, two-faced, hypocritical, generation of SPIRITUAL SNAKES to tithe their pepper pods to the Priests, but Jesus never took a penny of "tithe money." Money was never, ever a "tithable" commodity. One could give a gift to the treasury as the widow did, but that was not tithing. Paul worked for a living. If he had collected ten percent of the gross national product of all the thousands of Gentile converts, he would have been one of those "millionaires" you desire to be.  I have said much about the fact that the Gentiles are not only recipients of God's promises, but that the Gentiles are THE MAIN RECIPIENTS of those promises and blessings.  You have not a clue as to what you are talking about.

Sincerely,

Ray

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 08:32:04 PM by Chris R »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.