bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refining fire  (Read 5617 times)

graceman

Refining fire
« on: December 09, 2006, 02:09:51 PM »

Hi All :)

I was reading in the III section of the 'Lake of Fire Series'...'it takes the fire of God's Spirit to burn away evils that have their origin in the realm of the spirit'.  If I need things (attitudes and such) burned out of my spirit (and I AM NOT necessarily arguing that I DON'T), what am I as a 'New Creation'.  Being a new creation, to me, seems to speak of something that is good, complete, etc. Did God make me a 'New Creation' that is in need of improvement?

Any insights for me, my friends?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Refining fire
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »

Welcome Graceman

For me being a "New Creation" refers to being begotton from above not born again. This for me is the conception stage. What follows is from glory to glory, degree by degree as we are called, dragged or chosen to arrive at the standard height of Christ.

Eph 4 : 12,13 His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints, His consecrated people, that they should do the work of ministering toward building up Christ's body the church.  13. That it might develop until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the full and accurate knowledge of the Son of God that we might arrive at really mature manhood, the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ's own perfection, the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ and the completeness found in Him.

This is a process of building up, equipping of the saints, that we might arrive at the full standard height. All a process. :D

2 Cor 3 : 18 And all of us, as with unveiled face, because we continued to behold in the Word of God, as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another, for this comes from the Lord Who is the Spirit.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

kennymac

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 05:38:45 AM »

Hello,

Great question, has God made me a new creation in need of improvement?

Heb. 1:3 when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

Purge:To free from impurities; purify. To remove (impurities and other elements) by or as if by cleansing.  To rid of sin, guilt, or defilement

colossians 1:14 In Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

re·demp·tion - an act of redeeming or the state of being redeemed.  deliverance; rescue.   deliverance from sin; salvation.  atonement for guilt.   repurchase, as of something sold

Col. 1:12:20And having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to RECONCILE ALL UNTO HIMSELF; by Him, I say, whether in earth or in heaven

reconcile - to cause (a person) to accept or be resigned to something not desired:  to win over to friendliness; cause to become amicable
to bring into agreement or harmony; make compatible or consistent: to reconcile differing statements; to reconcile accounts.  to restore

According to God's word, we do not need improvement.

The church would have us believe that we have a wicked evil heart. God's word shows that to be a lie. Of course in Adam we have a wicked deceitful heart, but we are no longer in Adam we are  in Christ.

Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezekiel 36:26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Isiah 43:25 I even I am He that blotted out you transgressions for my own sake, and WILL NOT REMEMBER YOUR SINS

What we haven't understood is there are two men in scriptures Adam and Christ and because we have related to the Adamic identity by nature, that is all we have known since birth, we get born again and religion will teach us that we have to take that Adamic nature and we have to conform it into righteousness and that's how we get involved in this performance based Christianity, when in truth we don't try to remake Adam because we have a new life, we have a new birth, its called regeneration  and when we are regenerated we have a totally new life that is quickened within us. Its not an old life made new, its a brand new life, life in Christ Jesus

10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel  after that time, declares the Lord.  I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts I will be their God, and they will be my people. 11No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. 12For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."[c] 13By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear

Salvation does not lay in what we can do or how we have to remake this old Adamic consciousness, salvation lies in the realization that there is a brand new life born within us. 

James talks about a double minded man, and we all live in this. Living out of our spirit and carnal nature, this is  where you experience you and God, we know God is in us but we still live more out of our old nature, the spirit has nothing to do with the old man, our new nature is nothing less than the spirit of God coming alive in us and living in this vessel. So we have to be freed from constant struggle of trying to improve ourselves, to make Adam acceptable to God. We can make Adam very good but that's not what God wants.

Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith, when the blood is properly applied to us, in the revelation that it is intended to, it purges our conscience from sin and when our conscience is purged, stuff that we have tried to overcome for years begins to fall off us. When we enter into His rest we decline from seeing ourselves and the world through an understanding of good vs evil.

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;

I believe that the seed of the serpent is our carnal mind that causes us to see everything as either good or evil, that very thinking keeps us trapped in guilt and condemnation. If we are constantly looking at our sins judging ourselves by standards of good and evil, how much more will we be judging others. That is the seed of the serpent we can never be useful to God if we are looking at sin.

When we believe Gods word and begin to eat His flesh and drink of the living water  His seed begins to grow we are spiritually awakened and Christ in us will crush the head of the serpent. But that won't happen if we believe the lie of the serpent.

Romans 7  Paul said if I do that that I don't want to do Its no longer I that do but its that sin principle that is still operating in my consciousness it is because my mind has not been fully renewed and I have not fully taken on the image of the new creation man. So we are not sinners we are a new in Christ Jesus, we may still be sinning but we no longer can take pleasure in our sin. If we do take pleasure in sin we can not be saved according to God's word.

. .This is the secret that God will reconcile “The All” of creation, as Paul told the Colossians. It is to be the Savior of “all men,” as Paul told Timothy. It is to justify “all men,” as Paul told the Romans. It is to make “all men” alive and to subject “The All” to Himself, as Paul told the Corinthians. It is that “every knee” will bow and “every tongue” will confess, as Paul told the Philippians. This is the mystery, the secret, which Jesus revealed to Paul in the three years he spent in the desert

Sorry I went on babbling, I think it is pivotal that we never see ourselves as having wicked or evil heart if we are seeing ourselves and Gods creation with this understanding we are being deceived, and truly not experiencing the love, peace and joy that Jesus died for us to have.
 We need to simply look away from the sin and evil that is in the world.  Gods has purged our sins, he has redeemed us we have been reconciled by blood of the lamb. Be of good cheer Jesus has overcome the world.

God Bless

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 06:35:41 AM »

Hello Kennymac

I very much enjoyed reading your post. For me it showed insight and expressed sensitivity to the truth.

I'd like to add and share that in my experience that as my eyes were touched to start to see and my ears were opened to begin to understand, I have begun to see HIS Sovereignty and the myth of free will has really  started to became for me my pivotal focus.  This focus brought forward into my mind these questions : What are my choices revealing about my character, my spiritual weakness or strengths?  What do my choices show that I am? How do my choices reveal my motives?

Do you think that these questions may possibly have been what Paul means when he refers to 1 Cor 11 : 31 For if we searchingly examined ourselves, detecting our shortcomings and recognizing our own condition, we should not be judged and penalty decreed by the divine judgment.

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)

kennymac

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 11:36:38 PM »

Hi Artcurus,

Yes, that is what I think he is telling us.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I think this is such a poweful revelation

9For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment. 32When we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.

If we are seeking God with all of our heart and all of our soul He will come in and make His abode within us.

As we examine ourselves in honesty, searching our own heart and our own intentions, He is always faithful to remove any idols and false doctrine within. He rises up within us to give us the wisdom and knowledge needed to stay on the path of truth.

God bless,

Kennymac

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 12:27:03 AM »

KennyMac,

I just want to say that I got more out of your post than I dreamed possible. :)

WOW!! That was truly inspirational and gave me insight to a whole new perspective that had previously been kept hidden. I can truthfully say that I have been focusing on Love more so than Evil of late, even to the point of asking God for understanding how my love can help the many problems in this world.

You wrote the following:

Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith, when the blood is properly applied to us, in the revelation that it is intended to, it purges our conscience from sin and when our conscience is purged, stuff that we have tried to overcome for years begins to fall off us. When we enter into His rest we decline from seeing ourselves and the world through an understanding of good vs evil.

This time God's message was not lost on me. :)

I needed your post.

Thanks and much love to you,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 01:47:38 AM »

Hello Kennymac, Yellowstone, Graceman and all of you who are reading this beautiful thread :D

What comes up for me Kennymac is this scripture to add  to your observations. :D

Rev 3 : 20  Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he will eat with Me. 21. He who overcomes is victorious, I will grant him to sit beside Me on My throne as I Myself overcame, was victorious and sat down beside My Father on His throne. 22. He who is able to hear, let him listen to and heed what the Holy Spirit says to the assemblies, churches.

For the first time, I really sense that this thread is embracing what is admonished according to the scriptures 1 Cor 14 : 26 What then brethren, is the right course?  When you meet together, each one has a psalm, a teaching, a disclosure of special knowledge or information, an utterance in a strange tongue, or an interpretation of it, But let everything be constructive and edifying and for the good of all.

Here then is the Psalm that I believe fits with our meeting together  :) It is one of a selection of psalms that is my personal guidance and companion to my soul. It acts as my umpire and whistles me "off sides" when I stray! ;D

Psalm  119 : 165  Great peace have they who love Your law, (for me this refers to God is Sovereign and there is only caused will, caused choice and caused circumstances that show our spiritual condition) nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.

And the matching witness  Isaiah 26 : 3 You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind, both its inclination and its character is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.

Any further thoughts?

Peace and the warmth of His love to you

Arcturus  :)

graceman

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 03:32:07 PM »

Thanks for the responses! :)

kennymac

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 12:09:29 PM »

Hello again all

Darren I am so glad the information was helpful.

Coming into an understanding,  that eating  from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is just a deception, has really helped me greatly. Neither good nor evil pleases God, what pleases God is His son.

Here is a little more food for thought. Creations story is about a God who died for us. About a God who was not willing to leave us  in the condition that we are in. About a God who loves us so much they He will raise up what ever circumstance necessary to make us understand that we need Him more than we need life itself.

We were taught that God was so angry when Adam and Eve sinned that He was going to torture the whole world so He was so angry he had to appease His anger some how, so he sent His son to the cross and He killed Him to appease His anger so that if your good you might be saved.

There is a parable that reveals to us some things. Jesus talks about sending His son into the vineyard and He says surely they will appreciate my son but he says wicked and slothfull men killed Him. It wasnt about God having His anger appeased He sent His son into the world to reveal His loveliness and goodness but wicked and slothfull men took Him and killed Him.

The crucifixtion was about the love of God. Jesus had a terrible time with the scribes and pharisees, it continues  today. He told them you think you know God you search your scriptures for in them, you think you have life, but you wont come to me, because when you come to me, I am saying things and I am doing things that are contrary to your what you believe your  old testament scriptures say.  You think that I am changing the word of God you think that I am of the devil. I know what your old testament scriptures say an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth but I say to you love your enemies.

It is ironic,  when we are blind, we are so convinced that we have the truth.

Arcturus the scripture you posted is one that I hold most dear to my heart.

Lots of love and peace,

KennyMac

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 05:47:35 PM »

KennyMac....

I enjoy how the Lord is showing you the way and that you share what you are seeing.

Jesus had a terrible time with the scribes and pharisees, it continues  today.

what pleases God is His son.

Amen

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

SandyFla

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »

I think of us becoming a new creation this way:

When a baby is born, he/she is a new creation but far from perfect. The child has a long way to go to become mature.

The same is true for us spiritually. By being born again, we may have become a new creation, but we've got a long way to go toward perfection.

Sandy

YellowStone

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 05:26:23 PM »

Sandy that was very well said :)

The road to discovery is never ending and journey can be joyous.

Love,
Darren

kennymac

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 05:59:40 PM »

Sandy,

Yes, that was well said. I often wonder if I have graduated preschool yet. I hope so, but I say that with very little confidence.

God bless,

KennyMac
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.