bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Universal Law  (Read 4749 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Universal Law
« on: December 09, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »

Hello Mr. Smith,

I thank God for your painstaking and detailed work of explaining the Word of God.  My heart overflows with joy at the real Good News. The real Truth does set you free. My question is about "caused choice".  I hope I can convey what I really am trying to ask. I see clearly your point on the myth of free will and God's Sovereignty, but was wondering about the caused choices and "giving them over to a reprobate mind".   Is "caused choice" much like the law of "what a man reaps, so shall he sow"?  My very close sister in Christ taught a marvelous lesson  several years ago about how God from the foundation of the earth set into motion the law of  "you reap what you sow".  Is this how God has caused us to choose and has also put into place the consequence of our action.  Is it that God intends for us to reap the consequences of our wrong actions in order to understand when He causes us to choose what is His hea rt and reap life?  A learning process that He is totally in control over?

Barbara

Dear Barbara:
            Not exactly. Sowing is merely a by-product of choosing according to our will, not the cause. And first comes the sowing and then the reaping, not visa versa.  Sorry, but I can't go into detail on this subject in an email, as I have covered it in great detail already in my paper on the subject. Hope you understand.
            God be with you,
            Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Universal Law
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 04:54:51 PM »

Wow!  That certainly was a speedy reply.
Yes,  That is what I was saying.  My understanding is that "the cause" is God's will and purpose, and we choose either according to the desires of our own heart or choose the desires of His heart.  Either way it is the choice that He wants us to make anyway, right? The "choice" would be the "sowing" and the "effect" would be the reaping.  It seems to be a spiritual law as well as a physical and scientific law. Maybe the example is not correct but the principal is the same?    I certainly prefer to choose the perfect desires of His heart over my puny wrong choices, but it doesn't always happen that way does it?  You have explained very well so I'll be a good student and continue to read the whole site one more time.  Cutting off the dead doctrines in my mind is a process in the works......probably a whole lifetime of resting in the Lord:)  I am content.
Thanks for listening,

Barbara
Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him........Psalm 37:7

P.S.  Do all the emails end up on the forum?

Dear Barbara:
Yes, I think you understand this principle of God's will pretty God. I would give you an "A."  Do all emails end up on our Forum?  No, only the really good ones and the truly bad ones. They are great teaching tools and show everyone the love in those God is choosing, and the hatred in those who cannot see.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.