bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colossians 4:6  (Read 6303 times)

jerry

Colossians 4:6
« on: December 10, 2006, 07:42:42 PM »

Let your speech always be with grace(interesting comment espcially for ministers of the bible)seasoned with salt,that you may be able to answer each one.Is'nt it amaizing how much information is in just one verse.I wonder how many people live up to this one veres to let our speech always be with grace,thers always plenty of salt to go around if you read the bible and study but the first part to me seems to be the biggest request......Jerry

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Colossians 4:6
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 09:08:32 PM »

Jerry,

Wow this does cause one to stop and think, and think really long and hard.  I am trying to live up to this verse in my everyday life and it is hard to do that.

The Scripture that says a gentle answer will turn away wrath goes hand in hand.  And also that scripture in James talking about the tongue.

It is something that I will continue to strive for. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:00:18 AM »

Hello Jerry

2 Cor 2 : 15 For we are a sweet fragrance of Christ which exhales unto God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 16. To the latter it is an aroma wafted from death to death, a fatal odor, the smell of doom; to the former it is an aroma from life to life, a vital fragrance, living and fresh.

So yes, it is very much easier to fellowship among those who think we smell sweet! Birds of a feather gathering together! 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 12:39:10 AM »

Jerry Posted:

Let your speech always be with grace(interesting comment espcially for ministers of the bible)seasoned with salt,that you may be able to answer each one.Is'nt it amaizing how much information is in just one verse.I wonder how many people live up to this one veres to let our speech always be with grace,thers always plenty of salt to go around if you read the bible and study but the first part to me seems to be the biggest request......Jerry

This is an interesting topic. :)

Food has been long "seasoned with salt" not only to improve the taste of the food, ie. make it more palatable but also to preserve it as in make it last.

If we now look at speech; how then do we attempt to preserve our words? Or for that matter, make them more palatable?

It would seem that  "see what I do, do what I say" is always more productive than "not what I do but what I say" So I think it would be great if those whom we speak could see Christ in us. That would surely help. Body language is a part of this too, words mean little when our bodies speak differently.

All of this is good, but it is not everything. Has anyone ever eaten a wonderful dish: steak, fish, pasta or a salad of which the seasoning was like you never had before. Can you still taste it (I can my mouth is watering :))  That steak seasoning is burned into my mind. :) As is many of the one liners that I have read of Ray's and many others here in this forum.  The words were just simple words, but there message was unforgettable. Why? Because they were not the same old words that one hears year after year; rather these words made me think and question and they stuck! :)

So there it is, that's my take on speaking words seasoned with salt.

Comments always welcome.

Love,
Darren

jerry

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 02:31:51 PM »

Hi! Darren: The main thing I noticed in this verse is that our speech should be with Grace,what I get from this is that kindness,understanding,compation,Love toward others should be aparent in our speech,but at the same time haveing the salt of truth afterall we can be kind liers and decievers,being kind is of great value but only if its matched with the salt of the truth,thats what I see in this verse,somtimes the truth hurts even when delivered in a kind and loving way....Jerry

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 05:52:08 PM »

Jerry,

In no way am I discounting your view on "Salt of Truth"; however, the verse on my mind speaks differently.
Col 4:6
 Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

It would seen counter productive if our words/speech only consisted of a dash of truth, here and there, just as we season a meal with salt.

I realize that I might be missing something, because I do not understand the term: "Salt of Truth."

Could you please explain  it's usage in this context. :)

Thanks,
Darren

jerry

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 09:16:44 PM »

Darren: I read over what I said and could'nt find where I said a dash of truth here and there,you'll have to excuse me but Im not much at wrting,sometimes things can apear to say things their not ment to say.I totally agree with you on that point.but my question is should we only have salt what if all we had was salt it interesting that he mentioned grace first,not,let your salt be seasoned with a little grace,my point was just that there should be an equal ballance of grace and salt,thats all I was trying to say,that was just somthing I was thinking on at the time I loged on,it just seemed important to me that we should be gracful people like god is graceous toward us.I was'nt spoiling for a debate.God bless...................Jerry

YellowStone

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 10:35:47 PM »

Jerry,

Of this my friend I am in total agreement. There is certainly no dissension here and I apologize if I sounded a little harsh.

Love in Christ,

Darren
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 10:36:23 PM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 05:09:39 AM »

Maybe that is why the Scriptures speak to us all of salt, light AND pearls! ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus

jerry

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 09:10:25 PM »

Thanks Darren,I apreciate your graceous attidude and I extend it to you as well,God bless.   

jerry

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 09:17:32 PM »

Maybe that is why the Scriptures speak to us all of salt, light AND pearls! ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I totaly agree Arcturus,Jesus told us to be the salt of the earth,The bible also says that Jesus was full of grace and truth,and thats what we should strive for to be ful of.Maybe that Paul was makeing a connection to that In colossians 4:6 ....with Love..............Jerry

jerry

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 09:28:34 PM »

I think its awsome to think of these words,that Jesus was full of(grace and truth)somtimes we focus so much on truth that we forget to be ful of grace to I know Im terrable sometimes about that,I look forward to the day that we will be like Him..Jerry

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 05:41:59 AM »

Hello Jerry

There is another side to the nature and character of Jesus Christ. I found this out much to my delight after I read
"You Fools! You Hypocrites! You Snakes!"
Why Jesus Used Scathing Sarcasm

Have you read this teaching?

Peace to you

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 08:11:35 AM »

I went to my salt cellar and found some really worthy nuggets of salt that is spiced and seasoned with answers that oppose sin and preserve from corruption, that to me is nothing short of being holy, wise, gracious, savoury, wholesome, desirable and worthy of being kept in memory.

These answers are all quoted from Ray’s Christ like responses to detractors, hypocrites and fools….

….your carnal hate-filled mind is not subject to the spiritual law of God, neither indeed can be.

…your unscriptural…holier than-thou email…the rest of your comments are a total crock…

…your “Bible” is one of “those bibles” that have added, omitted, changed, and perverted the manuscripts. ….I know what you are saying….you don’t know what  you are saying. I know what you know  but YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I KNOW…..You cannot disprove a single statement on my site, so be careful about how you judge me.

I actually love these mean-spirited carnal minded, over-the-top  worldly and materialistic charlatans. It’s just that I can’t stand their “DAMNABLE HERESIES” (2 Pet. 2: 1-2)

WHAT A CROCK! You are beside yourself with reeking vanity and self-righteousness…..

You must be blind indeed to not see….Oh get over yourself already…It just galls me when people act foolish like this. ….You are having trouble because you are stumbling over your own shadow….Try reading my paper to  LEARN rather than to assume everything you were taught by Mystery Babylon the Great is all truth and nothing but the truth.

Now THAT’S SALT for you!…worthy of remembering as opposing sin and refuting  corruption! ;D BRILLLIANT!

Peace to you

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.