bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kids do the darndest things  (Read 5144 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Kids do the darndest things
« on: December 10, 2006, 09:21:39 PM »

Hi you all,

I wanted to start this post and have some really good laughs.  And God has put on the face of the earth some of the most humorous things to laugh with, and those are the precious things called children.

I love talking about children and know that children have so much wisdom and humor to share with us.  So if you know anything that is funny that you have heard or seen a child do please by all means share.

My son does not talk yet, yet he is funny in his own way.  One of his funniest stories up to date involved his self-expression.

We were sitting in church listening to the minister give their message.  And they exhorted us to self-expression.  Well David-Lee took it serious and let out a huge resonating expulsion of gas.  Our mics were working really well and they picked this up and amplified this.  Everyone looked right at us and the minister quit talking for a minute, and then said "That's what I am talking about" when David-Lee let some gas.  It was embarassing and yet funny. 

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

Re: Kids do the darndest things
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 10:20:36 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Years ago, we were in a rather small church.  Right after a duet, our son, then about 2, blurted out "THAT WAS YUCKY'.   Of course everyone heard, and turned and looked!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

My grand daughter, 3, the other day, just sighed and said, "I just  love my people", I said "who are your people?" "ya know, you guys!" ::)

love,
gena

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 01:53:31 AM »

My son said to me once.... "I love ducks"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because their feet are like little engines under them as they swim!"  :D

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 10:12:13 AM »

My son said to me once.... "I love ducks"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because their feet are like little engines under them as they swim!" :D

You may have a future mechanic.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 10:46:24 AM »

An acquaintance of mine who is a physician told this story about her then four-year-old daughter. On the way to preschool, the doctor had left her stethoscope on the car seat, and her little girl picked it up and began playing with it. Be still, my heart, thought my friend, my daughter wants to follow in my footsteps!
     Then the child spoke into the instrument: "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order?"

A new neighbor asked the little girl next door if she had any brothers and sisters. She replied, "No, I'm the lonely child."

I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her.  I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me, and always she was correct. But it was fun for me, so I continued.  At last she headed for the door, saying sagely, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these yourself!"

My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo while I asked, "No, how are we alike?"
     "You're both old," he replied.

brothertoall

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 12:26:48 PM »

Many years ago we were at a church dinner and it was set up like buffet. My son at that time was about 6 or 7 years old and I made it clear to him that only take what you are going to eat and don't touch the food. Well I was sitting at my table and was watching him as he was scanning the dessert table. He put his hands behind his back,so as to not touch what he was looking at, and he looked around the room and he bent over the table and took a bite out of a doughnut without touching it. it was hilarious and I hurried over to him and stopped him before he proceeded to take a bite out of everything on that table.

bobby

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 12:33:10 PM »

brothertoall,

That was funny.  It is amazing how smart kids are.  We really do not give them credit for being as smart as they are.

It reminds me of my personal story.

I was oh about 16 years old and we went out to eat at Golden Corral in Amarillo with our grandparents.  Mom then told me to go and get something green.  I took about 15 minutes trying to find and put the green stuff on my plate.  I went back to the table and imagine Mom's surprise when I came back with a plate full of green jelly beans, m&m's, green sprinkles, green jellybeans, and green gummy bears.  Not to say the least I did not get away with it, I had to go back for green beans.  But I got to keep all that candy, since I "touched" it. ;D  So in the future, I made sure I touched a lot of candy.  They were waste not and want not people.  So I used that to my advantage.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »

Yes Patrick

He enjoyes Mythbusters on Discovery life so I guess anything can happen! :D

SandyFla

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »

My nephew, who was 2 at the time, came into his mom's (my sister) room in the middle of the night. He had a pounding headache but didn't know how to express that, so he simply said, "There's a bug in my head knockin'."

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 03:50:02 PM »

;D  ;D That is so sweet! If only we gown ups would see things so clearly! ;D

SandyFla

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 02:28:08 PM »

While still learning to talk, that same sweet little boy also had a nasty way of saying "frog" - he'd say the F word. Yep, that one!  :o

My sister was SOOOO embarrassed when he'd say it in public. Then one day he pointed to a frog and said it again, so then she tried to get him to say frOOOOGGGGG. But somehow he just couldn't get his little mouth to cooperate.

I also heard him say it, as the neighbors across the street from us had a big frog in their front yard. He pointed and started saying it. Ooooh, if only that babe knew ... But God (and we) knew that in his innocent little mind, he was really saying "frog."

BTW, he's 6 now and says it correctly.  ;)  He has no memory of his old mispronunciation.

Sandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.