bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My understanding so far...  (Read 4673 times)

sj

My understanding so far...
« on: December 11, 2006, 08:36:57 PM »

Over the last several days, my faith has been questioned quite a bit since I am no longer following the "normative" path of Christianity.  Today I sat down and made an abbreviated list of my understanding so far of God's plan for man. This list contains no scripture, but rather is a representation of my understanding of scripture so far. I am fully aware that I do not "have it all figured" out, but am hoping that some of you may have some valuable imput, especially scripture, that may prove helpful in my continuing search for truth.

God exists limitlessly. He is before time and He will remain after time.

Out of God came His Word, Jesus who is the first born of all creation.

His Word was in the beginning with Him and through His Word the World was framed.

All things were created by God, through the Word, and without Him nothing was made.

Including both light and darkness, peace and evil. etc.

All of these things were good for their purpose.

This includes light and darkness, the waters above and below the heavens, the dry land and the seas,  all plant life, the sun and moon, the creatures in the sea and the creatures in the air, the beasts of the earth and finally man.

Man was formed from the dust of the ground.

God then planted a garden and in that garden he placed caused two tress to grow, the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

God commanded man not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and warned him of that the consequence of eating of that tree would be that he would “surely die.”

From man, God created woman.

Eve is tempted by Satan, the serpent, which God created.

Satan tempted Eve by telling her that she could eat of the tree without suffering the consequence, which was death.

Eve was deceived by the serpent “who deceives the whole world.”

Her flesh began to sin even before she took action… lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, the pride of life.

Man disobeys God in order to fulfill God’s purpose for man, to learn righteousness.

Satan is cursed to eat the dust of the ground, ie. Man’s flesh, for all of his days.

Old Covenant: God reveals Himself through the physical… ie. The burning bush,  the pillar of fire/smoke, the tabernacle, the law (ten commandments), physical circumcision.

God sends His Son, whom He promised (declaring the end from the beginning) into the world to save the world.

His Son is Jesus, The Word, who is, was and will be.

Jesus Christ, the image of the invisible God.

Jesus, The Word, continues to be the medium by which God speaks to the world.

Jesus reveals the plan of His Father through parables, that only those are given “ears to hear” and “eyes to see” can understand at this time.

Christ’s message is spiritual, not physical.

Jesus gives Himself up willingly to the consequence of sin, death.

He is “actually dead” for three days.

On the third day, Christ is resurrected by His Father.

Christ reveals Himself to a chosen few, finally ascending back to be with His Father.

The message is extended outside of the physical Jews, to the gentiles… now the Jews and the gentiles can both be “spiritual Jews.”

The message is brought to the gentiles through Paul…  Paul continues to explain/expound on the specifics of the message of Jesus Christ.

The message continues with us… “many are called, few are chosen.”

The “believers” of today are found in the seven churches of revelations 1-3.

Those who are called have lost their first love.

Those who are chosen must come out of the church, who is Babylon.

Those who are chosen must faces the refining fire of God here on earth.

Through these fiery trials and tribulations the chosen, or the elect learn the righteousness of God.

These chosen people are predestined, not because of anything they have done, but solely for the purpose of God to be fulfilled.

At the consummation of this age, the elect will rule with Christ and help to judge the people of the earth and the angels, this should include Satan and his angels.

All of these, except the elect, must then face the Lake of Fire… through the judgments of God, the inhabitants of the earth will learn righteousness.

At the end of the age, all things will be brought into subjection or every enemy will be underneath the feet of Christ.

Jesus will then turn over the kingdom to His Father.

God will become ALL in ALL, and every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess.

And we shall be like Him, who is Spirit, given age-abiding life or immortality/deathlessness.

Looking forward to your thoughts...

Thanks.
Josh
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:03:28 PM by swivel »

andrevan

Re: My understanding so far...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 06:34:47 AM »

Hi Josh

Looks like you have an accurate understanding, in my humble opinion. I'm working through the LOF series again, so I may not be much help yet, I too do not have everything down pat. I can use your list as a self check as I go.  :)
I've been meaning to make a summary similar to yours, to keep my mind clear on the important facts, you've done a good job.

The peace of God be with you.
Andrevan.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 08:43:04 AM »

Hello Josh & Andrevan,

Josh, your synopsys is a pretty accurate outline, the longer we walk with our Lord the better and deeper our understanding of spiritual things become.

Here is another outline that will help in keeping our perspectives clear;

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

sj

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 03:29:28 PM »

Joe & Andrevan,

Thanks you both for your replies. The twelve  truths is probably my favorite paper here, I will continue to read.

God's Peace
Josh
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.