bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Journey with Him  (Read 4847 times)

hillsbororiver

Our Journey with Him
« on: December 12, 2006, 11:26:55 AM »

Two of the most profound things I have learned in the last year and a half (since I stumbled onto Bible-Truths) is the "beast within" and that falling away is a prerequisite to being "saved."

I spent over 30 years believing I needed to stay tuned to the evening news to see when the false prophet, the beast, etc. would be revealed, in other words looking outward for signs and wonders that would signify the last days. It was a real revelation that these Words were being spoken to every person in every generation that the Lord has called not just those left standing when the culmination of the age transpired.

Like many others here I also have experienced and experience still this feeling of being in tune with Him, having my eyes and ears opened, feeling a genuine love for my sisters and brothers and a sense of peace that all is well in the walk, that I am on the right path. Then the clarity clouds a bit, there is too much noise encompassing me to hear His voice as distinctly as before and my patience dissipates in regard to dealing with people.

It is like walking through the woods where the trail is cleared and easy to follow for a time and then you encounter some rather steep hills, moving past that the way is clear with a pleasant view until the path leads to a mucky swamp full of scorpians, snakes and mud 2 feet deep, suddenly there is a chill in the air and night is about to fall. Getting through this ordeal and taking a rest from the activity morning comes and you see the path continues on high and dry ground in a straight, defined line, it is sunny, warm and life is good. Then as day becomes evening there is a sharp bend in the path, to the left is a cliff that drops 100 feet straight down and on the right are swirling waters splashing on jagged rocks, up ahead you can see the brush and fallen trees that you soon will be dealing with. How much longer must these obstacles be overcome, when will we finally get to our destination?

I think all of us go through these feelings from time to time, this journey is not a flat line experience, there are many peaks and valleys and I really can't wait until we are truly transformed incorruptable, but patience must be learned, faith must be more fully developed and love must be in our core being as we continue to be refined, being created in His image.

The following is from the Lake of Fire Part XIV ("The Beast Within");

THE DAY OF THE LORD AND II THESSALONIANS II

Most of us not unlike the Thessalonians of Paul’s day are aware of a prophetic time spoken by the prophets known as "The Day of the Lord." The Thessalonians knew somewhat of this day and what it portended, as Paul spoke to them earlier about it. Now he has to tell them in this second epistle,

"That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that THE DAY OF CHRIST is at hand" (II Thes. 2:2).

Never forget that Jesus Christ IS ‘The LORD,’ and so the Day of Christ and the Day of the Lord both represent the Son of God.

Notice what Paul had instructed them in his first epistle concerning the coming of the Lord:

"…and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the Living and True God; And to wait for His Son from heaven, Whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come" (I Thes. 1:9b-10).

Paul tells them of his suffering:

"For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain: But even after that we had SUFFERED before, and were SHAMEFULLY ENTREATED, as ye know… with MUCH CONTENTION

(I Thes. 2:1-2). Then Paul speaks of their suffering and the reason for sending Timothy to them:

"That no man should be moved by THESE AFFLICTIONS: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto" (I Thes. 3:3).

Paul states that:

"Therefore, brethren, we were comforted over you in all our AFFLICTION and DISTRESS by your faith" (I Thes. 3:7).

And so Paul tells them of his afflictions, and also acknowledges their afflictions. Again Paul assures these Thessalonians that:

"For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY OF THE LORD so comes as a thief in the night… For God has NOT appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ" (I Thes. 5:2 & 9).

Well Timothy reported back to Paul that they were having even more tribulations and persecutions to the point that they were thinking that they must be in that period of time of "The Day of the Lord," and that they themselves were suffering wrath from God.

Once more Paul acknowledges these tribulations and suffering:

"So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in ALL YOUR PERSECUTIONS AND TRIBULATIONS THAT YE ENDURE" (II Thes. 1:4).

But rather than wrath from God, Paul assures them that this suffering is really a token of God’s righteous judgment and that God will be punishing those who are persecuting them:

"Which [suffering] is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be COUNTED WORTHY of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God recompense tribulation to them that TROUBLE YOU" (II Thes. 1:5-6).

Then Paul gives them one more giant promise of rest from all of these sufferings:

"And to you [and to US as well] who are troubled REST with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction [eonian extermination] from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power; When He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) IN THAT DAY" (II Thes. 1:7-10).

And next we come to the Scriptures of our present study. Paul comforts them in their persecutions and tribulations. He assures them that endurance in faith will account the worthy to be in the Kingdom of God, and that they will have rest at the coming of our Lord to be glorified in His saints and admired in ALL THAT BELIEVE. This is the way of the believer leading up to the coming of the Lord and the "Day of the Lord," when all will be changed and glorified. But Paul tells them that that day is not here yet.

Listen carefully: Generation after generation after generation of believers and saints of God have lived, suffered and been persecuted, and then DIED. This "Day of Christ" or "Day of the Lord" not only did not come in their lifetime, but it will not be a reality to any of them WHEN IT DOES COME, unless something else happens in their lives FIRST!

Unless this experience happened to them in their lifetime, whenever they lived, they will not be in the First Resurrection and see the Coming of the Lord in the Day of the Lord. Something had to have happened to them—all of them. Something HAS to happen to YOU—ALL OF YOU who expect to see the Coming of the Lord and the Day of the Lord and be accounted worthy to be in The Kingdom of God. Yes, we already read in II Thes. 1:10, "When He shall come to be glorified in His saints…" And He will be glorified in all His saints at that time, but not unless something has happened in all of His saints FIRST!

Until and unless the thing that I am going to mention next is an accomplished FACT in your PRESENT life, you will not see The Coming of the Lord, neither will you be in the First Resurrection of spiritual rest and glorification. I kid you not, this is deep and heavy stuff!

The entire article is here;  http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Our Journey with Him
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 12:19:06 PM »

Hi Joe,

I appreciate being reminded of these spiritual truths which fortify me as I go through this blessed journey.  I pray daily asking the Lord to bless me with more patience ,faith, courage and strength to endure my trials and tribulations.  It encourages me also to hear the experiences of my brothers and sisters as they too "fight the good fight."

Love, peace and His grace to you,

Rene'

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 01:14:28 PM »

Joe,

Hey thanks for the post.  Is it not wonderful that life is not a static experience that there are ups and downs?  More opportunities for growth and to learn.  I belive we all love challenges and things that challenge our minds, hearts, and spirits.

It is refreshing with Ray's website becuase it challenges us so much and is so truthful.

I am going to read that link that as to do with this post.  Which paper is it by the way you were quoting from?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 02:13:06 PM »

The following is from the Lake of Fire Part XIV ("The Beast Within");

The entire article is here;  http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

You are very welcome Anne.

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 04:31:27 PM »

Hello Joe

The depth of the topic you raise, for me, can not ever be fully appreciated in this life time. It is awesome in its breadth and scope and meaning. I feel I have only scratched the first dust particle off its surface of grandure and meaning. The spiritual landscape you describe and share with us brought to mind a little bit of humour for me that I’d like to share. This is how I have felt in my spiritual landscape! Perghaps others can also relate.

One evening in Ireland, a man was walking home. He knew the way home because he had travelled this path all to often. Yet on this particular evening, the fog fell heavy and thick. He was not disturbed at all by this as darkness began to sweep in. He had his walking stick and he knew the streets by heart he assured himself. As dusk turned to pitch darkness everyone had left the streets and the lamps for some reason failed to switch on that night. All he could hear was the tap tap tap of his walking stick in front of him upon the cobble stone street. Then it happened! ~Without any warning and very suddenly as he reached to tap on the street his walking stick failed to sound that familiar tap tap tap. He froze in his track! He again tried for that familiar sound and nothing….NOTHING!  It was pitch black and he could see nothing and now he could only hear his heart thumping in his chest and his breath getting faster and faster as he felt all around him with his walking stick and still NOTHING….not a sound! He stood frozen all night. Terrified! Not daring to move and fall into the abyss in darkness that seemingly was now all around him.

By day break, the light faintly touched the heavy fog and as the light built up, he could see street ahead of him again. As the fog lifted around his feet he could see he was actually standing on solid ground and there was no abyss of hell surrounding him at all. His walking stick had broken and with the one half in his hand and the other half on the ground in front of him he realized the power and lies of half truths! ……

The beast within teaching exposes the lie and  liar that needs to be expelled with the breath of Christ’s presence and until then  for me and it is Christ’s staff and rod that guides through the night of  solitude and leery false teachings until finally He dawns in us with His freedom and His Spirit.

Peace to you all who love Him

Arcturus

gmik

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 10:39:55 PM »

Wow.  Part 14LOF is teaching at its best.  The LOF truly is a masterpiece.  I marvel & rejoice whenever I reread the parts. It doesn't get old & I discover new things in the scriptures.  Thanks for this thread.
gena :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.