bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God rectifying all things???  (Read 7343 times)

SandyFla

God rectifying all things???
« on: December 12, 2006, 02:55:52 PM »

In an e-mail Ray says:

God will rectify and reconcile all things that has ever been committed.

My problem with that is this:

Years ago I was head-over-heels in love with someone who was too afraid to get involved. Then another girl came along and pushed her way into his heart and he married her. They are now divorced, but long before the divorce, we had a long talk and he apologized to me.

I understand it is God who puts it in our hearts to love someone, so why would God make me love him while making him love someone else? I missed out on having a husband and children--my life has been ruined. What's done is done, and not even God can give me back those years. In God's Kingdom, there will be no marriages and no children being born, so how can God EVER rectify that?  :'(  :'(  :'(

Sandy

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: God rectifying all things???
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 03:26:42 PM »

SandyFla,

Sometimes God's plans to do not go along with what we want in our lives.  He has the best planned for us.  Yet, becuase we are humans we cannot ever stop feeling emotional and second questioning things that do not make sense.

Romans 8:28.  It was a hard verse for me to believe for the last 2 years.  I have wasted several years of my life.  But God will give you things when you least suspect it and are not looking for it.  It says that God knows the desire of your heart.  My advice to you is to give your hurt to God and let him bear it.  He only wants to take the pain but as long as we hold onto it then God will let us carry it alone.  Look not to the past but to the present and the future.

You are seeking after truth.  Learn to turn your love into the more perfect love that God feels for all of us.  I would recommend you reading The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.  In a chapter she relates she was head over heels for Karl and her subsequent struggle with this, until she prayed a prayer that basically said, "God help me to love Karl as you do, so much more perfect than I can love him in a human emotional way."  I was struggling with this same issue before my second marriage.  My former husband died of dibetes and I did not know if I would marry again.  When I read this book, I prayed for the future one that I would love and prayed that God help me let go of my former husband.

It is not an easy road, but all things are possible with God.

I hope this helps.

SIncerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 03:35:57 PM »

Sandy,

The glorious reward the Lord our God has in store for us will make any and all pleasures of this world pale in comparion. This life is but a vapor.

Isaiah 64:4 (King James Version)

For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

1 Corinthians 2:9 (King James Version)

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

His Love and Peace to you Sister,

Joe

Robin

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 04:28:13 PM »

Sandy,

I've been through similar experiences. The last person I was with was everything I ever dreamed of and hoped for. God made it very plain to me that I could not be with him. He was not a believer. It took me 4 years to obey God and walk away from my hearts desire. After I walked away I never had that dream or desire again and I've been alone now for close to 20 years. My first husband died. The one other person I loved walked away and married someone else. That was devastating.

I know now that God is not going to allow me to have one single idle in my heart. I've had to give up home, health, my children's comfort and health, my grandchildrens comfort and health, friends, mental health, peace, joy, happiness. Eventually I will have to give up my pity party for not having any of these things and agree with the will of God in my life. I'm not there yet and I'm sure God will complete that work in me through more truth and more suffering to burn away that carnal part of me. I'm starting to understand that the fruit of the spirit has even been an idol in my heart and God will not even let me find peace and joy until the carnal desire is burnt away. Not even the fruit can come before God.

I've been thinking this week about those I've loved and lost and thinking how wonderful it will be to be with them again and be able to love them again in Christ and in spirit. I was thinking about Jesus saying he was going away to prepare a place for me that will finally be home. My children and grandchildren will be healthy and have their tears wiped away. God will be all and in all. There will be no need for these physical things we desire here. If I were to look at things in the physical sense I would surely say that my life has been ruined. I kept thinking that I would finally reach a point when the suffering would end, but the suffering just gets more intense and the heat just gets hotter. I try to remember to be thankful that I was chosen to be saved. It is hard though.

Love and prayers,
MG

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »

Sandy, MG.............

I just hold my breath and my heart in my hands for you...........and for all those others who are hurting right now.....for all of you

Peace and love to you..... His Mercy be to you with Grace and Favour....

Arcturus

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 09:22:15 PM »

This is a topic very dear to me.
I have had many friendgirls, only (2) I would consider girlfriends. I wanted to marry those 2 (no, not at the same time). One went off to college and found life outside of the small town we grew up in; ended up marrying her first boyfriend from grade school.
The other I met in Junior College, but I was too wild for her as far as settling down. She married a cowboy/boot maker, had a daughter, got divorced, and we ran into each other at a bar and started dating again. I wanted to get married (I was not as wild, still a lil wild), but she did not want any part of that. So, I wanted out and did not see her for several days, then she saw me leave a club with another woman. She is married to a mortician now.
So, as of today, I am still "never been married" at 47 yrs young.
I had lots of church folk praying for a mate and I read all kinds of books and even joined a "Christian based match making service". Nothing.
I have been told God has someone out there for me :-\

Maybe now that I have decided to slow down (hard to maintain a relationship when you are gone 250-300+ days/year) God can get me prepared for a very special mate. I really don't want to continue life without a mate; I know I have Jesus and that should be all I need, but I have not overcome that area just yet.

dogcombat

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 10:59:21 AM »

Sandy & All,

Why rush it?  When God gives you a mate, it will occur in His time.  Just as He promised Abraham & Sarah a son, it happened.  Abraham was 99 and Sarah was 90.  So let's enjoy our freedom before entering into the bondage..er uhh (sorry) marriage. ;)  Personally, I don't think I can PAY a lady to put up with me. ;D

Ches

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 11:15:08 AM »

So let's enjoy our freedom before entering into the bondage..er uhh (sorry) marriage. ;)  Personally, I don't think I can PAY a lady to put up with me. ;D

Ches

O.K. lets try this out.  Sandy how much could Ches pay you? ;D ;D

Cupid

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 11:27:24 AM »

Cupid,

You stole the words out of my mouth.  I needed that laugh this morning.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

SandyFla

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 12:50:10 PM »

So let's enjoy our freedom before entering into the bondage..er uhh (sorry) marriage. ;)  Personally, I don't think I can PAY a lady to put up with me. ;D

Ches

Cupid

Nothing ... that's my problem. I don't want a husband anymore and I don't want to end up being an old woman who lives & dies alone. So what would make me happy? God only knows - and therein lies my answer.

Sorry for being so depressing. I hate it when I get like this. I'm heading off to light-hearted threads in the Off-Topic forum for now ... After all, I have lots to be thankful for. I got out of bed this morning and walked on 2 good legs; I drove to work; and I have my sight, hearing, not to mention the 2 most beautiful cats in the world!  ;D

Sandy

dogcombat

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 05:03:24 PM »

Sandy,

You're so sweet and caring.  PM me if you want to quote prices ;D ;D

Ches

longhorn

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 11:54:10 AM »

Ches

Cupid

Nothing ... that's my problem. I don't want a husband anymore and I don't want to end up being an old woman who lives & dies alone. So what would make me happy? God only knows - and therein lies my answer.

Sorry for being so depressing. I hate it when I get like this. I'm heading off to light-hearted threads in the Off-Topic forum for now ... After all, I have lots to be thankful for. I got out of bed this morning and walked on 2 good legs; I drove to work; and I have my sight, hearing, not to mention the 2 most beautiful cats in the world!  ;D

Sandy

I dont know about that Sandy, My two cats Salem and Petmont think they are human and rule the universe.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

SandyFla

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 03:11:10 PM »

Ches

Cupid

Sandy

I dont know about that Sandy, My two cats Salem and Petmont think they are human and rule the universe.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

So do mine.  ;)  Bethany doesn't say "meow" ... when she wants me, she yells, "MAAAA!!!" LOL

Twinkles is diabetic and lets me prick her ears to test her BG, give her insulin, whatever. She's very laid-back and sweet. I always say, if there's such a thing as angels taking the form of cats, she is one of them. :)

Sandy

SandyFla

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 03:11:52 PM »

Sandy,

You're so sweet and caring.  PM me if you want to quote prices ;D ;D

Ches

Ches, you're sweet. I'm flattered. :)
Sandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.