bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: fairness  (Read 10273 times)

stego

fairness
« on: December 13, 2006, 03:58:49 AM »

Hello all,
   I have recently been trying to discern how it is that God is fair to all given what I know of his plan.  We know that God predestines a few to be elect, and thus get bonus life of 1000 years more then anybody else.  I have difficulty seeing how this is fair for everybody else!  I mean I know the elect have to suffer through trials, but so does everybody else, it's just that everybody else suffers their trials in the Lake of Fire.   So everybody suffers, either now or later, but only the people who suffer now get the 1000 years of extra life.  So how is this fair, or how do you guys justify God in your minds?  Do you just say, "well, I don't know how it's fair, but i'm sure God is fair and that there is just some part of his plan that i don't know about", or do you actually think it's fair as it is?   Thoughts?  Thanks.

Sean

andrevan

Re: fairness
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 07:02:19 AM »

Hi Sean.

As I understand it the 1000 years is not necessarily literal.
More than a case of God being fair, I think it's more to do with the elect sharing an inheritance in Christ's Kingdom, when He reigns for the age. God by His sovereignty has chosen some to share in His Son's inheritance. What an awesome and loving thing to do!
Whatever God does, I consider it to be fair (and just) by faith, not human logic  ;).

The peace of God to you.
Andrevan.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 12:19:53 PM »

Hi Sean,

I have recently been trying to discern how it is that God is fair to all given what I know of his plan.  We know that God predestines a few to be elect, and thus get bonus life of 1000 years more then anybody else.

I look at Gods fairness, in that He will ultimately bring salvation to all the people that ever live.

1Ti 2:5  For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1Ti 2:6  who gave Himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.

So God has a great and wonder future for every human being that will ever live.
But He has a plan and a purpose in the way He will bring that about.
It is my understanding that those brought to salvation and raised at Christ's return,
will reign with Christ in His kingdom on earth.

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.
Rev 20:7  And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison.

Rev 5:10  and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth."

The 1000 is symbolic of a period of time, not exactly 1000 yrs., and will be the Great White Throne Judgment.  So it is a definite period that will come to an end when all have been judged and brought to repentance and cleansed.

The saints that will reign and are serving a great purpose at that time, by reigning with Christ they will enforce Christ's rule totally, nobody will rebel and escape that judgement.

Rev 19:15  From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.

They will rule those on earth and bring all people under submission to Christ's rule.
I believe that is what is referred to in Hab 2:14  "For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea."

God's plan is through Christ and the saints to will bring the whole of mankind to salvation.

Well I hope this will be of some help to you.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:35:55 PM by Kat »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 12:52:13 PM »

Hi Sean,

I have faith and truly believe that God's plan is not only fair, but generous, loving, good, and PERFECT. 

In Romans 9:14-21, the Apostle Paul was inspired to address this similar issue with those who questioned the righteousness of God's way of doing things.  Please meditate on these verses and ask the Lord to open your heart and mind to understanding His ways.

May the Lord bless you with peace and understanding.

Rene'

SandyFla

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 01:21:32 PM »

Hello all,
   I have recently been trying to discern how it is that God is fair to all given what I know of his plan.  We know that God predestines a few to be elect, and thus get bonus life of 1000 years more then anybody else.

If the 1,000 years are literal (and I'm not sure they are), but just for the sake of argument, let's say they are.

God's elect would reign with Him for those 1,000 years, but if no one else is alive, whom would they reign over?

Just some food for thought ...

Kat

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 02:09:58 PM »

Hi Sandy,

God's elect would reign with Him for those 1,000 years, but if no one else is alive, whom would they reign over?

There will be people living on earth at Christ's return.
This scripture in Rev. show the return of Christ.

Rev 19:11  Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.
v.12  His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself.
v.13  He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.
v.14  And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses.
v.15  From His mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.
v.16  On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

In verse 15 he will strike the nations with a sharp sword from His mouth, this sword form His mouth is the Word of God. 
It does state He will rule them with a rod of iron, they will need to be alive to rule them  :)

Mat 24:14 "And this glad message of the kingdom will be proclaimed in all the inhabited earth, for a witness unto all the nations,—and, then, will have come, the end." (Rotherham)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:29:31 PM by Kat »

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 05:09:43 PM »

I have often thought about this myself, and I have discovered one or two verses that take care of this for me:

And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. (Luk 12:47-48 KJV)

Most people can't see God's fairness shining through these verses. It's been there all along, those who are given much will have much required of them. Instead we learned in the church that those who didn't receive Jesus would be tortured in hell fire forever. "And it's JUSTICE!"

Even though this is a parable talking about the Jews and the Gentiles, we see the same fairness here:
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. (Luk 16:25 KJV)

We are comforted so that we can comfort others:
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. (2Co 1:4 KJV)

These verses speak very much to me about God's FAIR and PERFECT plan. I'm sure there are many more. I'll keep on looking, and I encourage you to do the same!  ;)
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

gmik

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 05:37:58 PM »

Sean, when I start thinking thoughts like that (& I do), I quickly jump back into scripture to get grounded again.

My latest valley, was similar in that Yes, God is Good, but tell that to the Holocaust victims, or Pol Pots atrocities, or cancer or accidents and I just start reeling.  So, that tells me I have been in the world too much, too much TV news, idleness or whatever.  I reread something on Ray's site or I pick old favorite verses and just read those awhile or just pray nothing but thanksgiving to "Him who loves me" . Think on GOOD things Paul says .  Then faith rises and I am back to "normal" and nothing can sway me!  Then I am so full of Him that I don't care if I am in or out...I am just happy that I know Him and He loves me.

Just my 2 cents.
gena

Kat

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 07:35:03 PM »

Hi gena,

I think you are so right about that,
because I have found the same thing happens when I'm away from the Word very long.
As soon as I get back in the Word,
then I feel the power of the Spirit again and the clarity that only the Spirit can give, returns.

Thanks for bringing that up  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

ned

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 11:24:10 PM »

(CEV)
Rom 9:14  Are we saying that God is unfair? Certainly not!
Rom 9:15  The Lord told Moses that he has pity and mercy on anyone he wants to.
Rom 9:16  Everything then depends on God's mercy and not on what people want or do.
Rom 9:17  In the Scriptures the Lord says to Pharaoh of Egypt, "I let you become king, so that I could show you my power and be praised by all people on earth."
Rom 9:18  Everything depends on what God decides to do, and he can either have pity on people or make them stubborn.
Rom 9:19  Someone may ask, "How can God blame us, if he makes us behave in the way he wants us to?"
Rom 9:20  But, my friend, I ask, "Who do you think you are to question God? Does the clay have the right to ask the potter why he shaped it the way he did?
Rom 9:21  Doesn't a potter have the right to make a fancy bowl and a plain bowl out of the same lump of clay?"

Dan 4:37  That's why I say: "Praise and honor the King who rules from heaven! Everything he does is honest and fair, and he can shatter the power of those who are proud."

Rev 15:3  and they were singing the song that his servant Moses and the Lamb had sung. They were singing, "Lord God All-Powerful, you have done great and marvelous things. You are the ruler of all nations, and you do what is right and fair.

Rev 16:7  After this, I heard the altar shout, "Yes, Lord God All-Powerful, your judgments are honest and fair."

Rev 19:11  I looked and saw that heaven was open, and a white horse was there. Its rider was called Faithful and True, and he is always fair when he judges or goes to war.

Isa 55:9  Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, my thoughts and my ways are higher than yours.

Carnally speaking, we may see God's purpose as unfair, but..
Spiritually speaking, that is, when we are living in spirit and truth, with His will in our hearts, we know He is fair.

With Love in Christ,
Marie

stego

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 05:14:28 AM »

Thanks for the replies everybody.

ROM 9:14-9:21 talks about how someone might question God's reason for blaming us for what we do even though it is God who has caused us to do what we do, both evil and good.  And although it doesn't say it in these verses,  we know that he doesn't blame us for what we do because we could have done otherwise, but rather for the purpose of correction.   And again, we know that the evil were created to do evil for a time for the good purpose of bringing the knowledge of evil (and thus knowledge of and capacity to experience good) to all humanity.  So I can be content with this. 

The ONLY part i don't see as fair is the fact that the elect get a whole ages worth more of life then the non-elect.  But i suppose that the fairness of this just has yet to be revealed to us and we just need to have faith.

I know that God must be perfectly fair and perfectly good even if i can't see it, but that doesn't stop me from desiring to see it.  And I do think that ROM 9:20 saying "Who do you think you are to question God?" means that we should not lose sight of the fact that we are mere human and cannot understand all of God's ways...  BUT, that doesn't mean that we should not try to understand how God's plan is fair and righteous and good.  Because if we gain greater insight into this, I think we will find ourselves feeling closer to God. 

Peace,
   Sean

kennymac

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 05:54:46 PM »

Sean,

I have pondered this very same question for countless hours I wish I had more understanding but this  is what God has allowed me to see so far.

For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope [expectation] 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

Paul makes it clear that the creation had no choice in being subjected to “futility” and to “slavery to corruption.” It was done by the sovereign will of God alone. Futility, vanity, or emptiness describe a path that appears to go nowhere and has no purpose. When Adam sinned, his sin was imputed to all mankind. We all became liable for Adam’s sin, and thus we are all mortal, paying for a sin which we did not commit. And not only mankind, but ALL OF CREATION was subjected to this “corruption.”
It is contrary to the divine law for anyone to impute a father’s sin upon the children.

Deuteronomy 24:16 says:
16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.
This Law is repeated in Ezekiel 18:20, which says:
20 The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.
Children were not to be punished for the sins of their father. And yet this is precisely what God did with us. The fact that all of Adam’s children are born mortal proves that we are paying for a sin committed by our father (Romans 5:12). Adam’s children were put to death for the sin of their father Adam. Did God not know that this was unfair? Of course He did! After all, He had prohibited such injustice by His own law, revealed to Moses and confirmed by Ezekiel

Imputing death and corruption to mankind and to creation in general has produced a tension that demands resolution. Paul says that God certainly will not leave creation hanging. The disharmony and injustice is only temporary. In fact, Paul says that the injustice that caused the tension will be MORE THAN COMPENSATED when the final chord of history is struck. And so Paul reminds us in Romans 8:18,

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
And again, he says in 2 Corinthians 4:17,
17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
Paul is reminding us that the injustices of life are not only temporary, but will be more than righted at the last day when He restores all things.

God created His own goal: to create the universe, to allow man to fall into death and sin, and then to reconcile creation with justice and grace. To teach us justice, it was necessary for man to fall into sin. To implement grace, God needed sinners as the objects of grace.

So God created man with the potential to sin, provided man with the opportunity to sin, and then allowed the tempter to provoke the sin. The book of Genesis tells this story without any thought of objection or argument. Yet if we study the divine law as given to Moses, we find some serious moral objections that must be overcome.

Exodus 21:33 and 34 tells us: and there are many more examples like this if you study the laws.

33 And if a man opens a pit, or digs a pit and does not cover it over, and an ox or a donkey falls into it, 34 the owner of the pit shall make restitution; he shall give money to its owner, and the dead animal shall become his.
The owner of the pit is liable even if he did not physically force the ox into the pit. The fact remains that he ALLOWED it to happen by digging the pit and not covering it. He is liable on the grounds that he could have prevented it but did not. He created the OPPORTUNITY for the ox to fall into the pit. And so, the divine law rules that the man who opened the pit is legally liable and must pay restitution to the animal’s owner.

In applying the spirit of this law to Adam’s situation in the garden, God is both the owner of the pit and the owner of the ox (Adam). First, God dug a pit, because he created an opportunity for Adam to sin. God did not cover this pit in that He created Adam with the potential to sin and created a tree of knowledge, putting it within Adam’s reach. God created an opportunity for Adam (the ox) to fall into the pit (sin and death). That made God  liable by His own law.

The final result is that “the dead animal shall become his.” So God bought the dead ox (Adam and all who died in Adam), and the ox became His. Is not this why Jesus came? He fulfilled the law to the letter, purchasing all who died in Adam

When evil comes upon us, our pride immediately begins to surface. We treat God as though he were unjust. Such an attitude presupposes that we know better than God what justice really is. And so God sends adversity upon us, even to our breaking point, in order that we may obtain a deeper understanding of the justice of God. We learn that His “injustices” are only temporary, and that He knows how to turn these “evils” into good.

Once we really begin to believe this, we enter upon the true life of faith, where we view all our adversaries ultimately as tools of God to train us as His sons and daughters. That is the place of rest, which God invites us to enter today.

It could be said that the death of Jesus was the worst evil ever done in the world. Yet what Christian could doubt that it was also the greatest good? Can there be any doubt that God turned the greatest evil into the greatest good? The crucifixion became the instrument of the salvation of the world.

When men do evil (as defined by the divine law), it is sin to them, because they violate the standard that God has given to men. When God does evil, it is always in accordance with His plan, which is His own standard of measure. Cain and Abel, Issac and Ishmael, Esau and Jaccob in our human understanding it is hard for us to see any fairness in these accounts.  We are not God; we are not always capable of bringing good out of evil, as He is. Our concept of justice and righteousness is warped by the death that resides in our souls. We need, above all, to have faith in Him that He knows what He is doing, and He does all things well.

Universal reconciliation is God’s final solution to the tension in creation brought about by what appear as “temporary injustices” which He Himself instituted. The divine law defines the judicial question by insisting that God take responsibility for all “injustices” that He does or allows to be done. The Biblical account leaves us no alternative but to justify God by universal reconciliation. No other solution is adequate to ease the tension that He imposed upon creation by subjecting all to futility. Only when we recognize this can we resolve the greatest philosophical question ever conceived by man—the origin, purpose, and end of all evil.

God bless,

KennyMac

stego

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 01:33:50 AM »

Hey Kenny,
    I agree with your post, but it doesn't seem to even attempt to answer my only question as i stated it previously.  Do you have an idea as to how elect getting an age extra life than everybody else is fair, or do you just have faith that it is fair without understanding how?

Sean

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

Hi Sean,

I am speaking for myself here. I see it as being fair because God is doing it and He is in control, who am I to judge His plan? So the answer for me is He has chosen some to be His own to have a part in bringing all to Him eventually, why some rather than others? I have no clue.

His Peace & Wisdom to you,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 09:48:05 AM »

Sean, after all the wonderful posts that really do answer your question, you are still hanging on to your idea of whats fair and what isn't.  Be sure that it is not an "idol of your heart." MUCH will be required of the elect, they will not be "living the good life" while everyone else is dead.  Ruling with a rod of Iron doesn't sound easy-but by living their lives in judgement or judging themselves our Lord has deemed them worthy. Don't be jealous or think you have a better plan than God.

(I am probably old enough to be your Granny, so please take this advice as kindly-and I am saying it to myself to)

Love ya,
gena

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 10:27:03 AM »

Hello Sean,

To compare ourselves to each other or to others in the millennium, is very dangerous. Why do it? Why is it so important to anyone to know why God gives more to others? Or has predestined some for the millennium and others not?  If we really want to know why we see God as unfair then look at this.

The parable of the worker in the vineyard Mat 20 tells us that some workers worked the whole day and others only a hour and they all got the same payment.  To this Jesus said vs 15. Am I not permitted to do what I choose with what is mine? Or do you begrudge my being generous?  Is your eye evil because I do good?

If we compare ourselves with others, envy can set in and envy can disqualify us from our reward. Envy is not of the Spirit of Christ. It is pride and  envy  that will cause us to see unfairness or comparisons before God reveals to us His wisdom and His plan. Paul understood this plainly. He knew not to make comparisons.

2 Cor 10 : 12 Not that we have the audacity to venture to class or even to compare ourselves with some who exalt and furnish testimonials for themselves: However, when they measure themselves with themselves and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding and behave unwisely.

Our comparison should be of Christ and Him alone and not someone else. If we are experiencing God as being unfair this should signal that God is at best, working in us to develop patience in our realization that we are not understanding God, and trust in Him as we realize that we fail to see His Wisdom. It is wise to see that if we give up and accept in our mind that God is unfair, this error sets us up for a major fall and chastisement. Rather accept that you do not see or know and are waiting on God to show you what you need to know and understand. Receive the encouragement from others who do see and do understand and are willing to encourage you through spending time and effort to edify and lift you up. Ray spends 80 hours per week in making available the truths of God.  What we do is also precious in the sight of God as it is prepared by Him that we should walk in good works as He gives us the experience of reaching out to help and support each other as we see our need for encouragement, edification or exhortation. You see, our few hours spent in Bible Truths may even be more valuable to God  than Ray’s 80 hours. What is important is, we do not know. Only God does.

In John 21 : 22 consider this…. it only when Peter sees John and takes his eyes off Christ, then his questions of comparison arise.  Peter is having an intimate conversation with Christ one on one. As soon as Peter saw John, his mind went into the wrong direction because then, instead of his focus on Jesus, his focus went to the relationship with Jesus and John that had nothing to do with him. When challenged by Peter about the relationship Christ had with John, Jesus answered, “ If I want him to stay till I come, what is that to you. What concern is it of yours. You follow me. “ Jesus repeated the question, “what concern is it of yours” twice to emphasise His point.

What is it to us if God gave one talent to a person and five to another? If we are humble enough this will not bother us at all. If not, we will have an issue with the appearance of being short changed or marginalized and put down while others are exalted. If we have this as our understanding of God then we are on dangerous ground and may even become like the steward who eventually said he had heard that God was not fair so he in fear, hid his talent. The result was not too pleasant for that steward. It is easy to slip into disagreement and then get into the high ground of thinking that God is not fair and that we are more fair than God.  It is tempting and it is pitted full of error, pride and arrogance.

Luke 14 : 11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

For me this means that some of us are led to become so abased that just to be called son or daughter will be enough for us to celebrate the better place that our brothers and sisters are predestined to receive. So what if Ray gets to sit with Jesus on His Throne and I am at the back of the crowd  or up a tree because I am too short in spiritual stature?. As long as I am in! so what if I be the least in His Kingdom as long as it is HIS Kingdom I am in. So what if I am not in the New Millennium (I would like to be and ask God to be in accord with His will not mine.) I know this for sure that those who will be chosen to reign with Christ will have gone through things that would make me plough into the ditch of life’s pity party and give up way before they do and so good for them. I will trust God and His will and will not ask in my understanding for what I want but for what God wants which is to line me up to His will for me not mine. I cannot trust me. I can trust God.

Right now it is good enough to know that I will not be lost neither will I perish forever and I will be saved. As He gives me to submit to His Sovereignty He causes me to be thankful for the little I know so far that is entrusted to my care. I do not want what I know so far to be taken from me so I am sharing what I see with you as have others in this Forum. Just imagine where we would be if Ray had decided not to share freely what God has shown to him! …but that is comparing in a positive way to the joy of the Lord and not to the questioning Gods faithfulness of lack of it.! God may withhold understanding on this issue because he may be preparing you in patience, submission and abasement into knowing that there is nothing you can do to figure God out. His Spirit alone is what makes anyone understand anything.

God alone can show that there is no place for pride of place in His Kingdom. God as revealed in the LOF, also the beast within and  the Myths of Free will   teachings and insights that He may open up your mind with new understanding in the area you are questioning and seeking clarity on. I can assure that God  sees your efforts, knows your heart and mind and He alone will show you what He needs you to know and not necessarily when you need to know it. Now that may sound very unfair. I really hope it doesn’t though….

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Chris R

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 10:34:54 AM »

Hello,

Rom 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable  his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Why all the heartache?..disease, poverty, murder, hate, lusts, greed, war, rape, to name just a few?

Why not just create man oblivious to these things?.... why not just create man a spiritual being in the first place?....BECAUSE... there is a reason for these things...It is this contrast that is "creating" us in the very image of God. To  know Good from Evil.

Futher along we will all understand , as we are all taught Righteousness.

This is WHY we wait for the manifistations of the sons of God....TO TEACH US!

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time   not worthy with the glory which shall be Revealed IN us    For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. Rom 8:18-19

Peace

Chris R

Kat

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 01:00:29 PM »

Hi Sean,

I have come up with this analogy that may help you, but see what you think.

Lets say I love hats, so I am a hat collector. 
And I have collected many of a vast array of hats, of different kinds and styles and colors.
Now lets say I wear a hat everyday.
I have everyday hats and hats for special occassions.  I have hats that are comfortable, that I wear frequently and others I don't wear at all. 
I know you can see what I am getting at  :)
None of these hats are responsible for how they were made or what they look like or what purpose they serve.
It is not up to them at all, which one I choose to wear for any given occassion.
And they can not make themselves into something different than they are, so some of them get used a lot and serve a very useful purpose, but others are not used at all, but I still like them all the same.
If I went on a trip I would take the ones that work best for me on the trip, the other would be left behind, but I would not forget about them, and I would return to them also. 
Those not taken with me are still a valued part of my collection, but not needed at that time.

Well what do you think of my analogy  ;D
Of course it is not exactly a fitting analogy, but if you see what I mean, it is not a question of fairness.

This came into my head, so I decided to share it with you.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 02:32:03 PM »

Gena,

I have to second your POV[point of view] on this thread.  I was being compelled to post a similar remark becuase this premise of this thread was unsettling to me.

I am glad that you can stand up for your beliefs and do it in a loving manner.  Kudos to you.  I thought that my POV would not have stood for much since I have just one little star LOL.  [Again those dang stars haunt me LOL].

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

jerry

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 03:15:56 PM »

Who says god has to be fair in our eyes anyway,like the parable says,cant the land owner do what he wants with his own money,so if God has created us for a certain perpose in the heavnly kingdom it is very fair,someone always has to be first and somone always has to be last,would it be fair to put a persom in a position they wernt created for?but then again maybe the last truely are first and the first last,I trust that God knows what He's doing with his property..............jerry
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.