bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: fairness  (Read 10473 times)

dogcombat

Re: fairness
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 03:30:58 PM »

Ecclesiastes 3 (KJV)

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?

10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.

13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
 20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

22 Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

My reason for posting this Chapter, is to show the vanity that trying to figure out the things of God to us.  EVERYTHING has a reason for its season.  And God has it ALL under His control.  Which is why we are to "Trust the Lord with all our hearts and not lean on our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). 

Ches

hillsbororiver

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2006, 04:28:17 PM »

Some very good stuff in the previous posts, here are a few more verses that may put this in perspective, as in clay to the Potter;

Isa 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

Isa 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Jer 18:4 the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

Jer 18:6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

M_Oliver

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 04:46:17 PM »

Beautiful Arcturus.  I was more than a bit fired up over this question of fairness.  You answered much more gracefully than I was going to until I read all these great answers.  Good job all!

Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

Peace to you Mark

We are all learning and growing here. As we get to know each other we can begin  to trust that  we are being drawn more and more in the image and likeness of our King Jesus Christ. What a privilage it is to share, care and to feel His Spirit of love and gentleness gathering us closer together in fellowship and nearer towards who He means us to be in the image and likeness of HIM!

Arcturus :D

kennymac

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2006, 08:11:04 PM »

Arcturus,

That was beautiful really touched my heart. I can see that God is using you as a vessel to share His wonderful truths.

God bless,

Kennymac

skydreamers

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2006, 09:05:21 PM »

Wow, this has been a really great thread.  I don't necessarily question God's fairness at the end of the day, but there are moments here and there when you wonder......these posts have been a tremendous blessing to me in keeping my perspective on Jesus.

I especially enjoyed the post by Kennymac and Arcturus, well thought out and beautifully written!

Kat, I love your analogy!!!

Thanks to everyone and thanks to Sean for starting this thread.

Peace, Diana

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2006, 05:20:00 AM »

Hello Kennymac

Ditto to you my brother!

Kat I think with your hat allegory gives you a hatrick ;D (any achievement of three successive points, victories etc. Collins English Dictionary) for the week that you can add to your stat sheet!  :D my sister!

Peace and love to all

Arcturus :)

stego

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2006, 02:46:07 AM »

I didn't have internet access for the last few days....

Yes Kat, that was a very good analogy.  I like it.

Sean

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 03:04:13 AM »

To all who have posted in this thread,

If I have ever thought that there could truly be fellowship online, all doubts are removed.  I see your love and concern for eachother each and every day.  I see the welcome that you welcome newbies and old-timers to this forum.  I truly feel at peace here, knowing I can ask any question and also can be accepted no matter where I am in my journey.

Guys truly you do all exemplfy 1st Corinthians 13.  I know at times that posts may be taken the wrong way, but we are all together at the end and that is what matters.

Arcturus, I really love how you have a way with words.  BrothertoAll, I love the concern that you show for others.  Gena your sense of humor makes my day.  And Longhorn what can I say, your posts brighten my usual montonous routine and brings a breathe of fresh air into my life[even though you go for UT ;D ].  To the rest of you, I do not know you as well.  To Joe, great job on your posts as well as Kat.

Guys keep up the good work.  And thanks for posting.  I owe it to you guys why I find a really good excuse to get online.  Thanks and God bless.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2006, 11:26:09 AM »

Anne, tho officially a newbie, you have jumped right in and made yourself at home.  You seem like an oldie (in my mind you have a bunch of stars!!).

Thank you for your kind words for all of us.  We may be miles apart but in the Spirit we become brothers and sisters immediately.

Love ya sis,
gena

(PS  I can't send you any snow---We don't have any up here!  Its been in the 40's &50's)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2006, 11:35:02 AM »

Gena,

Good morning to you.  Thanks for your kind words.  ;D  We got some snow last night, but it is alread melting.  Hopefully we will get some more.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »

Hello Anne

Gena wrote : Anne, tho officially a newbie, you have jumped right in and made yourself at home.  You seem like an oldie (in my mind you have a bunch of stars!!).

Thank you for your kind words for all of us.  We may be miles apart but in the Spirit we become brothers and sisters immediately.

Love ya sis,
gena.
..............I couldn't have put that better! Ditto gena! :D This form of encouragement is wonderful and real.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.