bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thousand years  (Read 4172 times)

orion77

Thousand years
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:58:11 PM »

(2Pe 3:3 LITV)  first, knowing this, that during the last days scoffers will come walking according to their own lusts,

(2Pe 3:4 LITV)  and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? For from which time the fathers fell asleep, all things remain so from the beginning of creation.

(2Pe 3:5 LITV)  For this is hidden from them by their willing it so, that heavens were of old, and earth by water, and through water, having subsisted by the Word of God,

(2Pe 3:6 LITV)  through which the world which then was, being flooded by water, perished.

(2Pe 3:7 LITV)  But the heavens and the earth now, having been stored up by the same Word, are being kept for fire to a day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

(2Pe 3:8 LITV)  But let not this one thing be hidden from you, beloved, that one day with the Lord is "as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." Psa. 90:4

(2Pe 3:9 LITV)  The Lord of the promise is not slow, as some deem slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not having purposed any to perish, but all to come to repentance.

(2Pe 3:10 LITV)  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with rushing sound, and having burned the elements will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be burned up.

(2Pe 3:11 LITV)  Then all these being about to be dissolved, of what sort ought you to be in holy behavior and godliness,

(2Pe 3:12 LITV)  looking for and hastening the coming of the Day of God, through which the heavens having been set afire will be dissolved; and burning, the elements will melt?

(2Pe 3:13 LITV)  But according to His promise, we look for "new heavens and a new earth," in which righteousness dwells. Isa. 65:17

(1Th 5:1 LITV)  But concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need for it to be written.

(1Th 5:2 LITV)  For you yourselves know accurately that the day of the Lord, as a thief in the night, so it comes.

(1Th 5:3 LITV)  For when they say, Peace and safety! Then suddenly destruction comes upon them, like the travail to the one having babe in womb, and not at all shall they escape.

(1Th 5:4 LITV)  But you, brothers, are not in darkness, that the Day should overtake you as a thief.

(1Th 5:5 LITV)  You are all sons of light and sons of day; we are not of night, nor of darkness.

Having the 'beast' dethroned, Christ in the rightful place, His throne, we reign with Christ 'now', if Christ is in us.

(2Co 6:16 LITV)  And what agreement does a temple of God have with idols? For you are a temple of the living God, even as God said, "I will" dwell in them and "walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people." Lev. 26:12; Ezek. 37:27

When God is dwelling in us 'now', He is reigning in His temple 'today'.  These are the ones who reign with Christ a thousand years, a few from each generation.  It is not a literal thousand year period, but symbolic, especially seeing most of the description of this comes from the book of Revelation.

(Rev 1:1 LITV)  A Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to show to His slaves things which must occur quickly. And He signified by sending through His angel to His slave, John,

(Rev 1:2 LITV)  who testified of the Word of God and the witness of Jesus Christ, even as many things as he saw.

(Rev 1:3 LITV)  Blessed is the one reading, and those hearing the Words of this prophecy, and keeping the things having been written; for the time is near.

The spirit of prophecy is...

(Rev 19:10 LITV)  And I fell before his feet to worship him, but he said to me, Behold! Stop! I am a fellow-slave of yours, and of your brothers, having the testimony of Jesus. Worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

God bless,

Gary

hillsbororiver

Re: Thousand years
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 07:12:27 PM »

Matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matt 24:23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

Matt 24:24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Matt 24:25Behold, I have told you before.

Matt 24:26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Matt 24:27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Heb 10:36  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Heb 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

Gary, are you saying that the devil is bound as well? You are no longer tempted? You no longer are weak in your flesh? You are assured of your election and have received your reward?

Revelation 20
 1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. (How does this fit?)

6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Gary, I am not seeing this as being complete yet, we endure to the end for the hope of election. What does this mean to you?

Ephesians 1

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Brother,

You have shared many wonderful and edifying posts here but I believe you are off track on this one.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Thousand years
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:03:52 PM »

So are you just throwing out the prophecies of the OT like Isaiah, Ezekial, Zacharia etc.  These promises given to Israel will be fullfilled, and I can see it tying into the New Testament writings. 

Maybe you are on a much higher plateau than me.  But I don't know of anyone except for Christ who was sinless and remained that way throughout his life.  It is fine to attest to the fact that we are to be Christlike and having Christ empty out the "beast within" us all, but to say that the future reign of Christ is now in us is not correct in my opinion.  If someone can tell me that they are sinless now and have no carnality left in them then I might reevaluate my postion but I don't think that will be neccessary in this lifetime.

I'm not one to maintain that the 1000yrs is literal, but the kingdom age of Christ will occur, that I am sure of, I pray that I can be part of it but realize that that would be all of God and his plan, I am definately not worthy of that honor.

This thread will end with this.  This topic will not be continued, the forum went this route, with this topic in the past ,and it caused alot of strife.  There are forums out there that have this belief and folks are welcome to discuss it there.

Gary, you have been a valuable member of this forum and have posted alot of good discussion.  I hope you understand, we will agree to disagree.

Blessings!
Craig
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 09:08:36 PM by parsonssc »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.